Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  10:33:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KaritoWA,do you do muuch for these guys lately? Was wondering if the jobs are dropping off or not.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  9:20:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow it's been a year since my last post on this client. Anyone getting any work from them anymore? and if so how much?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  07:42:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for this company, I have been getting non stop work, love working for them..I will be with Actionlink for two years now. I think it depends where you live or how many reps they have in your area. I email my DM when work started getting slow ask when will pick-up or email tell my DM that I am available for work..he will email tell me if it is slow, or when will it pick-up..this company rightnow is mostly working out of Bestbuy stores...that is where most of my work is coming from.
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  12:03:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a job posting in my area for this company. What kind of retail merchandising do they do in the mornings on tuesdays and wednesdays?
Thanks!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  2:57:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tanks Millee. Is the pay single or double digits for you?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  05:36:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actionlinks, work mostly in the electrics area, but does audits, building displays, and training associates on how sell. The store at this time that I am working out of Office Max, Staples, Walmarts, Target, Bestbuy, and local electrics stores too sometimes.
My paid is double paid, they paid every other week, and they always on time. I have been with company now for two years, and love working for them. A lot of the times when something does comes up, that like display to be build or a very important project is coming up you be able to train before you go into the store. Mostly the training audio, video training so you will understand what the project is and how to do it. I have been very very busy lately with Actionlink, it is a very company to work for.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2012 :  7:02:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any recent experience with Actionlink. I see a job posting for my area and would like to apply if they are a good company to work for.

TIA

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

FrankHeld
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  1:00:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandie_CA

Does anyone have any recent experience with Actionlink. I see a job posting for my area and would like to apply if they are a good company to work for.

TIA

Go for it. They are a good company to work for. I just wish they'd give me more work in my area!

Frank
MSPA silver certified. Servicing all of Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  2:34:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

TIA

Like Frank said, go for it, it is a great company to work, the main store they work out mostly is Bestbuy, Walmarts,Kmarts etc..the company mainly have me do is...build displays, audits survery, misc merchandising...if you know your electric, computers and you have a lot of sell stills that is mostly what they do...I have learned a lot from this company, what you don't know now you will learn. I did:)
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  5:27:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it is a typo..selling skills is what I got from this post! Mia
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1128 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  4:11:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some work for Actionlink and had no trouble. I wish they had gotten more work in my area. The DM said they would get to do magazines in DG but that did not happen.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  4:38:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great. Thanks everybody. I will apply today. They had a local electronics job advertised.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  11:36:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

TIA

Like Frank said, go for it, it is a great company to work, the main store they work out mostly is Bestbuy, Walmarts,Kmarts etc..the company mainly have me do is...build displays, audits survey, misc merchandising...if you know your electric, computers and you have a lot of sell skills that is mostly what they do...I have learned a lot from this company, what you don't know now you will learn. I did:)
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  12:10:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied to a position with ActionLink last night. I had a phone interview this morning. She said that the next step is another interview in a couple days with a manager.

I hope I get the job. I think it is a good fit for me since it is setting up electronics. Since I have a few years of doing IT support for non-profits, I have lots of experience setting up computers, peripherals and networking equipment. I have less experience with home electronics, but I'm sure I won't have a problem with them.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  07:12:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had my second interview yesterday and this morning I am filling out my new hire paperwork. I am excited! I think this is going to be a good job. The pay is decent and they pay some mileage. The interview was with my regional manager and he was great.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

PhilipR
Apprentice

Ardmore, OK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  12:27:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any recent updates for this company? What exactly do reps do in the electronics dept at Staples/Wal-Mart?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  10:41:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them a bit last year. They are a good company, and very professional in their communications and expectations.

Work at Staples and Walmart was both as an auditor and "brand ambassador". I left primarily because the territory that they wanted me to work was simply too large (and away from the areas I normally merchandise) and the work wasn't steady enough. To drive 30 miles north of the area I normally service (and for a small job of less than an hour), and then need to drive 60 miles in completely the opposite direction to service other stores that I normally serviced didn't make much sense.

I think you'll be fine with this company if the work is in or near a city.

Chris

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  02:28:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of you have mentioned that you needs selling skills. I was jsut wondering, is this because merchandisedrs have to take on assisted sales assignments or do they just want you to be able to help customers when you happen to be in the store and they ask you about the product you happen to be working with?
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  4:53:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The stores have cut their sales force to nothing, so either the store, or the client are hiring merchandising companies to do all the dirty work, for little pay. It's called outsourcing.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  5:46:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert A. Miller

The stores have cut their sales force to nothing, so either the store, or the client are hiring merchandising companies to do all the dirty work, for little pay. It's called outsourcing.

I know this all too well, i mean about all the stores cutting labor hours. However, none of my jos or stores require me to be an assisted sales associate. Just wondering if this job with Actionlink forces assisted sales asssignments on you and not jsut merchandising assignments (I don't do assisted sales assignments- I am a merchandiser, not a retail store sales associate - outsourced or in-house - it's just not my thing). I will help someone find somthing that is not related to my product IF I know where it happens to be. But I do not assist with general sales...unless the store wants to put me on their payroll and have me clock in every time I enter their store for another company so that I am getting paid double - one check from the merchandising company and one check from the store. Unpaid assisted sales is a form of corporate charity, and I refuse to engage in it. If you can't pay your the bills associated with running a business, then that means you will have to go out of business. No charity for businesses, especially big corporate entities. That's my stance. Business is not a privilage, it is a game - you have to either play or get out - in other words, win or lose.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums