Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Jessica8318

Bloomfield, NJ
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  4:13:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever deal with this company?

They posted today on here that they are looking for US shoppers that is why I am requesting feedback. I am always a little nervous when a company is not in the US.

Jessica

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  4:17:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jessica
Their HQ is in Germany and the list of locations covered on their home page does not include USA.
Have you seen any assignents available in USA?

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Sonja

Northbridge, MA
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  4:34:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, the US flag is on their homepage right underneath the swiss flag. I just went through the sign up process and it feels like a German site translated to English. I was born and raised in Austria so I am fluent in German. The way you enter your address and birthdate would also make me think that they have mostly clients in Europe. Maybe I can shop for them while I am visiting my family...
Go to Top of Page

Lina Kamenova

Sofia
Bulgaria
15 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  01:39:44 AM  Visit Lina Kamenova's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

as for your questions regarding International Service Check:

We indeed have projects going on in the USA, which is why we started using this forum.

Our company is swiss and its headquarters indeed is in Munich, Germany. After having projects all over Europe (starting of course in Germany and year ago launching in Poland, Czech republic and Slovakia), we expanded into other other countries and currently have projects also in Southern America, Asia, Australia and the Gulf area.

I am aware that this might not help your cause, but i hope you will welcome the reassurement of our reliableness from an employee of this company.

Hana Kopickova
Int. Project Manager
Prague, CZ

Lina Kamenova
Int. Project Manager
International Service Check
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaInOregon
Valued Contributor

Canby, Oregon
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:48:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have more job listings posted today. Has anyone worked with them at all yet?

Shopping the Portland and surrounding areas.

MSPA Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  2:47:13 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email on August 30th to apply for a shop in my area. It said:
You have registered with us as service checker.
Now there is an interesting order from the branch of trade ??? BERATUNG E in your environs!
Benchmark data on the check: (ID: CT000LQZ500083QL0X9A )
Location: 07078 Short Hills (NJ) - exact address will be communicated with order -
The test must be handled within the period of time 01.09.200604.09.2006

The blue bold items were blue and bold in my email. I took this to mean the shop was due between Sept 1 and Sept 4, and that I would receive more information if I was accepted as the shopper. I applied for it and received a message from the website that I'd be contacted.
On September 4th Labor day, at 5:38 PM I get two emails. One with some really hard to understand instructions and one saying that they have not received my "check" yet (I assume by check they meant survey or test or questionaire) and that any questionaires received after September 6 will be cancelled and not paid.
Well Gee thanks for all the notification. Additionally, the website said that the pay was $50. However what it did not say was that you have to spend at least half of it on the purchase not reimburseable. I suppose that is not bad but, I have to send the receipt by postal mail, to an address in Germany! That raises another point. How much will it cost to send a receipt to Germany and how do I guarantee that it gets there within 5 days? If not there in 5 days the survey will be automatically cancelled.

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  3:06:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a real communications problem. You could always fed ex it to them and eat up the rest of your pay. It probably costs a few bucks to send it regular mail, but as you say who knows if it will get there in 5 days. I have mailed postcards home while on cruises in many places in the world, and have often beat the postcard home.

I think you need to contact them somehow and have them explain their system.
Go to Top of Page

JennyP
Contributor

CT
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  4:05:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email from them about a long list of shops, two of which were in my area. When I logged on to their website there were no shops listed and there doesn't seem to be a way to search for any. I can't really figure out how to do anything on their website.

I think communication is a problem so far. The way things are written just isn't that clear.

Ron, my email had the following statement in it
quote:
You must send us the receipt as soon as you have carried out your tasks.
There are 2 ways (postal mail or scanning)

Perhaps you can figure out a way to scan your receipt and email it to them?

Jennifer - Shopping Connecticut
Silver Certified rrhmjo
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  05:40:45 AM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
USB cable fried my scanner and camera...LOL.
But also the issue is, they didn't email me with any kind of directions or an acceptance, technically until after the initial date the project was due. I did not even know the name of the place until after the original deadline. Then apparently they extended it a day and a half and told me I had not submitted the report.

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:46:21 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, they would have pretty much lost me as soon as I opened the email. I would have thought they sent it to me by mistake due to the words, Beratung?, etc. I would have deleted the email.

Hana, do you think you can hire someone to handle our scheduling/ emails in the U.S.? I can see where this could become a serious communication issue and prevent some shoppers from working with your company.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  08:38:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a great company to work and they have at least 3 clients in the USA that they shop regularly, but they are all in major cities. They pay very fast with paypal and I never had any problems of not getting paid. If I remember correctly, the receipt is scanned and attached on the report. I had never mailed anything to Germany. The schedulers are friendly but sometimes there is a language difficulty. But overall, I would not hesitate to work for them because they are a major international company.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  7:05:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I okay I have gone from cool to neutral, but still not enough info to make run to sign up.
What kind of shops are the 3 companies in major cities that are shopped and will the person for the company that is handling logisitcs/communications on the board give us more direction on how to access and use the site properly?

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  8:06:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't see what being a major international company has to do with working for them. I can communicate better with some ma and pa company and can understand their instructions. Evidently this company is rather new to the U.S. market and has trouble communicating properly in English.
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  8:09:36 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spot on Quinn!
I'd think if they want to be a major player, they should hire an USA based scheduler...or even a small satelite office.
With the way it has gone thus far they will not stay competetive in the US market!

Go to Top of Page

Cath
Star Contributor

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  9:50:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mailing a letter overseas is not a whole lot more than regular US mail, less than $1, but it does cut into your profit. I have learned that mail seems to travel faster overseas if you mark it "Air Mail". Our experience has been that if you don't mark it as such, it takes maybe a month to arrive. If you do mark it, it is there in about 3 or 4 days. Maybe the mail that is not marked "Air Mail" travels by boat?

MSPA "Go To Shopper" 2006
MSPA Gold Certified, July 2003.
MSPA Gold Certified Shoppers Panel, Washington, DC, November 7, 2003.
Specializing in hotels, resorts and restaurants since 2002.
Go to Top of Page

JennyP
Contributor

CT
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  10:02:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I googled a couple of the addresses in the email I got from them and the shops appear to be for higher end clothing stores. They sent me addresses for their shops available for all over the country so I didn't look them all up.

I also responded to the contact email about the shops letting her know that I couldn't access the shop details from their website and I haven't heard back yet.

I'd be willing to give them a shop if they pay was good and they reimbursed a clothing purchase.

Jennifer - Shopping Connecticut
Silver Certified rrhmjo
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  04:59:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They had their shops previously done through Palm scheduling but apparently they have decided to do everything themselves. When you get the email about available jobs, just google the address and you will know the shop immediately - their USA clients are high end major international clothing, socks, and watch companies. They are straight forward to do. And I would prefer that the company does the scheduling directly so the shopper gets a higher fee, instead of the scheduling company getting a cut.
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  3:44:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done shops for this company and gotten paid yet?

I would be interested in signing up, but I'm afraid to encounter communication "misunderstandings" and then end up having payment problems. I think I'll wait until they hire English speakers in their office to write the instructions for the assignments and do the scheduling (thank goodness they don't use Palm anymore)

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Jessica8318

Bloomfield, NJ
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  4:10:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do speak English as I had a scheduler call me for a job. He did have a accent but he was able to communicate with me very clearly. I took a shop and it was very fun. I thought I would give them a try after I read above from another shopper that she has no problems shopping for them. I awaiting payment so I will update one I get paid.

Jessica
Go to Top of Page

KMermel

Hanover Park, IL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  6:02:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If this is the same Service Check for which I used to shop - DON'T. Their documentation and communication are useless. They refused to pay me for a shop I did perfectly (I usually get 9s and 10s) but they said that it was a purchase and return. It was not and I have the documentation from them but they don't care. I'm 64, handicapped and out of a job. I needed the money and drove quite a long way because they talked me into it with a bonus. They have disabled my account (with my blessing) but I will escalate to the authorities if they don't pay up.
Go to Top of Page

Irish Sally

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  7:54:41 PM  Visit Irish Sally's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them last week, and they sent me back an e-mail telling me how to get into another website that they have for MSers.

I applied for an assignment last Friday, and they got back to me on Sunday to say that I had been assigned the job. I tried to call them at first to see what the shopper's instructions were, and then remembered that I had been given the URL and ID/password to get into the other site, so when I looked, then, lo and behold, I saw my assignment and instructions.

I did the shop today, and it was a delight. Even though it could have ended up as a $5 shop once I paid for the article of clothing, I got a bonus for doing it on the desired day, so I am very happy.

Sally
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums