Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  6:42:28 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone actually received payment for a job they did with this company? If so how quickly was the pay? Was it drawn on an american bank or paypal etc.

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

JLovas

Kearny, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  08:05:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone has been paid for a shop with this company. I did a shop for them in September and was told I would be paid in 1-4 weeks by paypal, but no payment yet. I have tried to contact them 4 times by e-mail but to no avail. Does anyone have a phone number for them. Thanks.

Judith
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Klein
Contributor

South Central PA
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  10:05:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judith,

It doesn't look like they have an office in the United States. The home office is in Munich. I got this phone number from their website.

++49 0 89 54 55 82 28

Hope you have a good international calling plan. You might want to try buggging them through email if you haven't done so already.

Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

Jessica8318

Bloomfield, NJ
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  08:59:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a similar pay problem. I finally got paid last week by sending emails to j.chyn@internationalservicecheck.com . You must keep up with the emails it took me about a month of emails to get paid.

Jessica
Go to Top of Page

JLovas

Kearny, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  09:23:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks so much for the help.

Judith
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  12:21:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there any recent feedback about this company?

This is my story:
I applied to this interesting looking company months ago. It's based in Europe, has jobs all over the world and interesting clients from what I've researched. On April 9 I rec'd an email from Christine asking if I'd be interested to do a shop April 10-14. I replied and said yes. I heard nothing back.

On April 21 I rec'd an email saying my report was not received yet and it's due April 24.

I never rec'd the acceptance email so I figured it got lost in cyberspace and I'd do the shop anyways. I tried to get into the site yesterday and today and after I entered my password I get the message, Page not Available.

I emailed the scheduler and have not heard back. I haven't seen the job yet nor do I know any details to even do the shop this wknd in hope of entering it tomorrow. This is my last day to do it as I work tomorrow and I'm not going to that area after work.

As per the other posters earlier, the emails are not perfect english either.

I guess this will be my first flake, an international one at that!

Communication with this company is poor. Other recent feedback would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Susan L
Star Contributor

Westchester County, New York
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  4:07:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received pay for an assignment I had with them in April, for which I was to receive $10. It came within 10 days of turning in the work. The payment is by Paypal, but unlike other companies that send their compensation by Paypal, I was charged a 6% fee--which reduced my little $10 payment to $9.31! I wasn't warned in advance about the fee, but I thought you should know.

You're right, they do need an editor whose first language is English, because sometimes the instructions are so awful do not make sense. They also get confused over nuances. In one narrative, I told them the story I told a salesperson about train schedules as part of my cover. They interpreted it literally, docking me a couple of points in the evaluation and telling me to be sure to allow enough time that I don't have to rush and catch the train!

Susan L.
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  8:56:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yikes Susan! I never heard of docking 6% for paypal. And I've been paid by paypal for companies in at least 3 countries.

I finally got into the site today and made the trip out after work to do the shop. I never did hear back from the scheduler.

Will let you know when I get paid.
Go to Top of Page

DebbiM
Contributor

Redondo Beach, CA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  9:43:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan was the fee charged by Paypal or the company? I think Paypal does charge a percentage on international transactions.

Debbi
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyF
Apprentice

Massachusetts
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  6:33:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got somewhat bamboozled by this company when they sent out an e-mail about a shoe shop. I had never worked for this company before, but the pay was good and it was bonused. The only sentence in the e-mail that alluded to buying shoes was:

"You must be willing to participate in a consultation for a pair of shoes, purchase the shoes if necessary and return them after 30 min." No additional instructions were provided prior to sign-up.

So, I apply for the shop and get it. When I logged on to view the materials, they say that I must purchase the shoes IN CASH and that the shoes will cost anywhere between $150 and $200.

This just seems a little ridiculous to me. It is one thing to charge them on a credit card and get a refund after the return, but to have to go and take out $200 in cash from an ATM for a shop is a bit much-- especially when that was not a stipulation in the original e-mail.

I tried to contact the company but never heard back. Their e-mails are difficult to decipher due to the language barrier. I would not recommend this company unless they make an effort to hire schedules who are fluent in English.
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  9:42:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, their preliminary instructions do not give much details about the shop when you sign up. I still never heard back from the scheduler. Maybe she doesn't read english and she just copies and pastes shop info to mailing lists?

The form was different than any I used but straight forward. At least I did not fork out any upfront money and it was only a retail inspection.

Will wait and see when and how much I get paid.
Go to Top of Page

Susan L
Star Contributor

Westchester County, New York
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  11:49:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The 6% fee was charged by Paypal. You're right, Paypal does charge the recipient for international currency transactions. I've received payment from other international companies, however, without a fee being charged. I think it was because those companies had bank accounts denominated in US dollars--which is not that hard to do for a business. If International Service Check plans to do lots of work with USA shoppers, they might want to specify payment in US dollars.

Susan L.
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  7:14:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shoe shop for this company back in August and have not received payment. I received a telephone call from a scheduler with a very heavy accent last week asking me to do a shop with a large bonus. When I told him I could not accept any shops until I was paid he rushed to get off the phone. I have sent several emails to them and they have gone unanswered. Yes, the bonus shops look good but I am not sure this company has a very good reputation regarding communication or payment. Has anyone been paid for those shoe shops recently???

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  10:43:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A followup from my previous posts: (summary)
applied, never heard I got the shop as I was supposed to look in the account, finally did the shop the last day; straight forward shop, nothing tricky, got an email a couple wks later saying that my shop was DECLINED!

NEVER ever have I had a declined shop. I emailed a question as to why and never received a reply. Wrote to the two contacts I had and never rec'd a response.

Then miracuously, the money appeared in my paypal account 2.5 months later.

End of story.
Moral: will never work for this company again.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  05:51:05 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yikes, this doesn't sound good!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  1:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good news!!! Today I finally received an email that a payment was made to paypal. There was an international service charge taken out of the fee for paypal so shoppers beware of this company. That's the end of the story as I will never work for them again. I am just happy to get a payment from International Service Check.

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

Debraa

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  6:48:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a [client name deleted] assignment for them in NJ. My paperwork showed it was $12.00 and I was paid $10.00. I wrote to Christine 4 times just to very that I had the correct information. I even put in my e-mail that I may have written down the wrong amount but could someone at least get back to me and verify the correct payment. I wrote to them 4 times in 2 weeks. NOT ONE REPLY. I told them in my last e-mail that I was going to post how poor their communication was and for shoppers to beware. Still, nothing from them. I was paid right away but good luck if you aren't!! This company does not reply to any e-mails!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  07:17:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Debraa

I just did a ****** assignment for them in NJ.

Not sure if you really care about violating your ICA, but you named the client.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Maria UK
Apprentice

Eastbourne, East Sussex
United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  4:15:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi folks!
I am a UK shopper and we have the same problems with this company. Their English is appalling, communication is non-existent and the pay is not forthcoming. Yet they are on a big recruitment drive over here now and are inviting more people to join them...

PS It is amazing to read about the same companies and see that the way they conduct business is just the same as here!
Go to Top of Page

Mark M
Apprentice

Toronto, ON
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  5:02:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done a few shops for them and have never had an issue. It is true that Paypal takes a fee for the shop but I told my scheduler about this and they added a bit more to the fee to mke up for it. I just did an easy retail watch shop that took 10 mins and was paid $40.00 within 2 weeks! Other than the paypal fee I have no complaints!

Mark M
Shopping the GTA from end to end!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums