Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  09:58:55 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a high end store for them and was told I would receive 55.00. I double checked with Christine M., the scheduler, prior to doing the shop that the fee was correct. She responded quickly and said yes. When I input the report, the fee showed as 45.00. I emailed Christine and did not hear back. Funny how they can respond so quickly prior to the shop being scheduled to you.

I received payment quickly and it was for the lower amount. I have again emailed with no replies. So Christine, if you are reading this or anyone else from this company is reading this, I want you to know, I will warn everyone about your shoddy practices each time someone asks for feedback. I do not appreciate being lied to or ripped off!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  10:31:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem with a shop I accepted yesterday. The fee listed in the email was for $40 and after printing my paperwork, the invoice says $30. My shop is due today and now I am wondering if I should go ahead and complete the visit. I also emailed Christine when I noticed the difference and have not heard back. I left a message on the website. The shop is somewhat out of the way but since I committed to it I will complete the visit. I did not accept a another shop offered since the feedback for this company has been more on the negative side. I would like to shop for them since they have interesting shops but after today I will take a wait and see approach.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

Linnette K Stone52
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  12:37:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had the exact thing happen to me. I have not been paid for a shop that I did over 5 months ago. The only time I hear from them is when they want me to do a shop. I've sent no less than 10 e-mails to Christina - none have have been replied to. Does anyone know where I can write a report on them?

I have done one shop for this company and will not do anymore. I have still not been paid for a $50 shop which I did in June of this year. They have had no problem answering emails when they want to assign you to a shop but once you have completed the report, well, GOOD LUCK!. I have sent no less than 10 e-mails about the past due payment. Christine did reply to my past due payment inquiry and promised she would follow up on it.(she was trying to get me to accept a new shop at the timeI sent several more emails but did not get a reply to any of those, either. I dropped the assignment and told the company I would not be doing any more for them until I get paid.

Linnette K. Stone
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  3:38:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam,
When you say you received payment quickly, was it weeks or a month. I am not sure how they pay and if there was anything on my part that needed to be done, such as faxing in the invoice.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  6:26:02 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid within 30 days or less and it was through Paypal. I didn't fax anything.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Foong Ching Chan
Apprentice

Tokyo
Japan
3 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  3:30:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I live on the other side of the globe. I have problems with this company as well but I finally got somebody from their HQ to answer my email yesterday (after numerous emails to Christine and a few others). I've forwarded my complaint to him. Let's see whether he'd reply.

FC Chan
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  9:24:51 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Foong Ching, please keep us updated and welcome to Volition. I sure hope others think before letting this company stick it to another one of us. We need to do an International Screw Service Check!

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Linnette K Stone52
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  06:16:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email from International Service Check, this morning. Interestingly, the response came after I posted on this forum. The writer apologized for the delay, but in the next sentence tried to tell me that a payment had been sent but had been returned by PalPal because my PayPal account information was not valid. I get between 15-20 deposits each month from shopping companies.She also told me that my email address is incorrect - how did she send me the responding email? I double checked my profile- everything is correct. So now the ball is in their court. Lets see if they return it.

Linnette K. Stone
Go to Top of Page

Linnette K Stone52
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  5:28:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark:
Are you allowed to tell the name of your scheduler? I have had nothing but trouble from this company and have never been paid for my shops.

Linnette K. Stone
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  09:17:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linette,
Have you received your payment yet? Pam mentioned in an earlier post the name of a scheduler and that was the same person I dealt with, so maybe you should try Christine. I did leave a message on their website regarding the difference in the job offer amount and the invoice amount, on my last shop. They did email me back but said to contact my scheduler, Christine, regarding the problem.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

Susan James
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  05:31:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Susan. l am writing as l have completed visits for this company in the past. l signed up with them over a year ago and have had all my mystery shops paid through paypal. l have had no communication problems within the company and find they have always paid me within the time frame stipulated. Perhaps you need to trust them a little more.I have even suggested alot of my girlfriends sign up because l find them to be honest and reliable. l am sure if you give them a try you will see what l mean.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  11:45:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What time frame has it been for you to receive your payments. Has it been 30 days?

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  06:16:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to give this company the benefit of the doubt. I do find their shops interesting and different and had hopes of continuing to shop for them. Now I could be overly anxious, but in view of the number of negative posts here, it has been 30 days since my first shop and I have not received payment. In the 4 years I have been MS'ing, I have been lucky enough to have always been paid, mostly thanks to this forum. If this company wants to grow in the US, I would recommend better communication and follow-through. I will say the payment terms on their website state 30 - 50 days, so technically they are not late. I am just worried by the number of shoppers reporting here that they never received payment.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

Susan James
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  03:30:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
To answer your question regarding the payment. l am not sure exactly, yet l think it took about 3 to 4 weeks. Once l remember it took a little longer (6 weeks). The important thing to me is l was paid. Hope this answers your question.l will continue to work with them as they give me interesting assignments.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  08:26:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI, I did get paid for both shops I completed with this company in the month of November. There were no additional fees taken out by PayPal but one shop was $10 short, which I had anticipated. It was my last shop that was offered for $40 but after completing the shop the invoice listed 30. Tried to correct the error but have not heard back from the scheduler.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  12:52:07 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck Bonnie. No one ever returned my emails and I have not been paid what I was shorted.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:54:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well Pam, at least we got paid. Like you, though, I do not appreciate being quoted one fee and receiving a lower fee. If the original quote was a mistake, we should have been sent an email with an apology or at least an acknowledgement.

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

Linnette K Stone52
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  08:48:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I finally got paid for my shop that I completed 6 months ago. My many emails remained unanswered until I posted to this forum. Even then, it took another month and several more follow up emails to get paid in full. I have put a block on any future incoming emails from this company. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Linnette K. Stone
Go to Top of Page

Linnette K Stone52
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  08:50:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RUN! I have done two shops for this company. The last was over 6 months ago and I just got paid. Don't take my word for it, read what others have to say.

Linnette K. Stone
Go to Top of Page

Jim G.
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  06:54:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too haven't had a great time with this company. I signed up for them about two months ago and about a week later I got an email to do a high end perfume shop in the next town over from me. It was a $10 job with a $5 bonus. Since it was only about three miles from my house and I'm always looking to get in with new companies, I signed up for it.

After I got my instructions, the shop said that I had to purchase something $3 or more, unreimbursed. I was a little upset since that wasn't in the original email about the job, but I sucked it up and did the job---now a $12 one.

They paid in reasonable time, about 5 weeks via PayPal. Like others on this thread, I was charged a $.89 fee for my $15 transfer. I contacted the scheduler and she said that they transfer money in Euros so its an international currency fee from PayPal. So, for my $15 job, I got $11.11 plus a nice Christmas Rubber Ducky---the only thing this store had for the $3.

In total, I think that the failure to disclose the required purchase and the PayPal transaction fee will cause me not to waste my time with them anymore.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums