Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  8:53:08 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am still uncertain whether or not I want to work with ISC. I am very happy in all my dealings with Kern...so I'd consider chancing a shop, however I have a question...In my area there are some boutique shops, but the instructions say "The Shopper will purchase 1 (one) article of clothing of their choice to keep, and will be reimbursed exactly 50% of the exact amount spent, up to a maximum of $140.00. The maximum amount for the purchase should be therefore $280.00."
So the reimbursement is only half of the purchase price... So I am shopping for a 50% discount? I'd rather wait for a sale...lol. The pay is only ten bucks so that does not make it worth the loss.

Are people doing these shops?

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  9:51:05 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
And then, you might have to chase that reimbursement. Don't think so!

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  11:01:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw that shop too and when I did it, I had a choice, either with or without purchase. Of course I took without. Only if you are dying to have that particular brand of merchandise and would jump for joy if you could get it for 50% off then it's worth it. It's like me doing a cosmetic shop where I get $30 worth of costmetics for free and a small fee for the report; totally worth it as I would have bought it anyways - but like Pam said..you might have to chase the reimbursement. I got paid up for my shops after a while the first time round last yr, but more recently, payments were prompt. And if you don't get paid, the 30 days to return the merchandise will be up!
Go to Top of Page

Lara V
Trainee

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  12:47:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody!

Does anyone have any experience with Jewellery shops for this company? I have received an offer on my site today, but I still don't understand their payment policy. Not only was the payment amount indicated on the offer reduced to the "fee only", instead of the fee plus compensation for the required purchase as per the scheduler's e-mail, but also there was the following line added:

"Checks will be awarded to the fastest competitor. Unless you are awarded a check within 2 business days after acceptance of said check, another person has been given a chance."

Now, how does that work? You do a shop for them and then try and compete for the payment? Or?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Lara

Lara
Go to Top of Page

Susan L
Star Contributor

Westchester County, New York
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  01:05:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lara,

International Service Check refers to the mystery shop itself as a "check" and the shopper as the "checker." (If their name was "International Service Evaluation" they would refer to the mystery shop as an "evaluation" and the shopper as the "evaluator.") Maybe when they translated into English, they did not realize that a simple word like "check" (and its relatives, like checker, checking, checked, etc.) can have scores of different, unrelated meanings depending on which national version of English is used.

So the competition for "checks" they're referring to is first-come-first-served when it comes to being awarded the actual shop, not getting paid. Besides, they pay using Paypal, not checks (or cheques).

Hope this helps!

Sue L

Susan L.
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  09:31:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wish me luck - I'm off on my first shop with this company. I always said I would never risk them due to the many negative posts on this thread but I am currently overseas and it's a restaurant I've wanted to try. Looks like their overseas and American managers are quite different. I'll let you know what happens on pay day.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  12:10:27 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck you daring soul. Let us know how it turns out.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

MariaPec
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
183 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  7:37:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone provide any feedback on the "testing" shop for this company? According to the email from the scheduler it is an evaluation of a testing site and you have to spend an hour taking the test. It seems like a lot of time for the fee. TIA

Maria
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

HelenBears

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  5:06:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw that too - I don't think I'll pick one of those shops, as they require you to have your photo taken plus fingerprints - no thank you!

Helen
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  07:14:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess the jury's still out. The shop I did 3 August still has NOT been paid - involves a fairly large reimbursement too.

I did a shop on the first of September that was paid within 3 weeks!

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Elzbieta
Apprentice

Saudi Arabia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  02:20:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello to all! I just wanted to share my experiences with International Service Check, as a mystery shopper. I did 4 mystery checks (between 7.08.2008-17.08.2008) for them of fast food restaurant in Saudi Arabia. As they say, you are supposed to be paid for each successfully accomplished mystery check within 4-6 weeks from the date of completion. I did checks, wrote reports, answered required questionnaire, provided them with correct info as regards bank details and recipient - 4 times. My reports were accepted and I have not been paid till now. They have serious communication problems, accountancy problems and serious PR problems. They say they paid me (I was provided a copy of their internal (??) document as a confirmation of a transfer - they made serious mistakes in details of the recipient of the transfer, fault of ISC about which I instantly notified them) but the money never reached my bank account. So I was not paid, even IF they made the transfer, as the money did not reach me. Still no practical actions undertaken from the side of ISC to solve the problem (like tracking the transfer, what I suggested in my correspondence). Funny thing, you work for them, do your job correctly, they are satisfied with it but - they can have delays/make mistakes in payments or not pay you at all, and go away with that? Feel free to ask any questions.
Go to Top of Page

MollieM
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:06:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I too am waiting for 2 payments that have now passed their due date. As one includes a fairly large reimbursement, I hope payment will arrive soon. The assignments were interesting and my scheduler is very friendly and helpful.
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  11:27:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My August shop was just paid last week. They apologized and said that the client had not yet paid them. They are not the only company that doesn't pay until the client does. I found that being patient, polite but persistent finally PAID off.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Elzbieta
Apprentice

Saudi Arabia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  02:49:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As for me, it is simply unacceptable. This is supposed to be a company dealing with service quality checks? What kind of quality they represent themselves? I had to pay from my pocket to do the checks for them and now I am left "hanging" as my remuneration never reached me (all banking details were correct 100%). I am wondering if anyone has any contact details (email) of any executive/headquarters of ISC/Multisearch, I could contact to report about the whole situation. I would be grateful for any info! Thank you!

Elzbieta
Go to Top of Page

MollieM
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  7:27:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's now been 7 weeks, and I've sent 2 emails politely asking when I can expect payment and reimbursement for my September service checks. My scheduler said he would take the matter up with his supervisor...

I'll let you know what happens!
Go to Top of Page

PedroGarcia

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  5:35:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or their assignments are getting worse and worse?

Pedro
Go to Top of Page

Elzbieta
Apprentice

Saudi Arabia
3 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:26:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On 10/25/2008 I have posted a message describing problems with obtaining payment for mystery visits (done in the 1st half of August 2008) I did for ISC/Multisearch GmbH in Saudi Arabia, and I feel obliged to let you know that finally I received my remuneration 2 days ago. NO APOLOGIES from ISC. It took a lot of emails, maybe posting on this forum helped (?). Wish all of you who undertook or undertake any assignments from them to get your on time! If anyone wants any more info, please contact me in private.

Elzbieta
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  4:19:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you finally got paid!
Boy it seems hard to get paid from those guys. I have never worked for them due to the many very negative experiences posted here.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

MollieM
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  07:32:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I have written both my scheduler and the Head Office of ISC regarding payment. It is now two months since the assignments were completed successfully and accepted.

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper, and do not intend to work for them again unless they react very quickly this time. It is simply unacceptable business practice.

Go to Top of Page

Neichaun

Leesburg, VA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  05:25:22 AM  Visit Neichaun's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop in September and was paid in two weeks.

My October Shop is will hit the 30 day mark the end of this week, I will keep you posted.

Neichaun
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums