Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

MollieM
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  09:07:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, today the accountancy department sent me an email telling me they had tried to pay me but my bank account details were incorrect... Sounds a lot like the old 'the dog ate my homework' story.

Needless to say, I have sent my account details again, and they can add them to the two copies they already have from my shop reports [major irony intended]. I also asked why they didn't contact me a month ago when the payments were due, if there was a 'problem' with my bank account details.

Now I wonder how long it will take for the transfer to arrive!
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  10:17:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All I can say is TG there is Volition. Its definely made me rethink my association with companies like this.

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MollieM
Trainee

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  9:03:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am happy to say that I received payment in my bank account today for my service checks done in September.

Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  11:22:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had applied for a testing shop that was heavily bonused (more than double pay) because of what I had read on another topic, getting paid to fail a test.

After reading all of these posts, however, I went to remove my application. Lucky me, it had been assigned to someone else.

Question: Has anyone had a problem getting paid by ISC for a testing shop?

Thanks.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Janet7
Apprentice

Orlando, FL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  05:06:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a job for them. This was a test center, I was required to spend an hour in the test....,but the center does not allow watches or cell phones. There is no way to figure out the time. I am so frustrated just now!!!Not sure if I was in there long enough. So..I'm not sure if I will get paid. To top it off I probably printed 30 pages because the instructions came from different sources and were difficult to comprehend because of language interpretations and conflicting requirements. I had another one scheduled and for the first time I have canceled. I hope that the scheduling company does not hold it against me for canceling. I must give them some credit though, the second similar job did have much better instructions. So, to anyone thinking of doing one of the test shops, please figure out a way before hand to judge the time. Needless to say, I don't expect to be paid. Good luck to any brave enough to attempt these.

Janet
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  3:56:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got this email from them today. Is this typical?

"
You have applied with INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CHECK to become a Service Checker.
We attach very great importance to the fact that we only send optimally prepared Service Checkers to complete Service Checks. That is why we make sure that each of our Checker has the necessary basic knowledge to complete good Service Checks for ISC.
In order to ensure this, we use the "ISC Quality Certification", and the purpose of this mail is to invite you to complete this certification at the earliest opportunity. You will receive the necessary information and then be given a small certification on it. Your successful participation in this certification shows us that you are taking this seriously and that you would really like to acquire the necessary information needed to work for us.
You can only become an operating ISC Service Checker after obtaining this certification."

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  6:39:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the same email today and I have not done any work for them.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  05:09:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do these folks do hotel shops? I recently applied to a blind ad that was managed by a large, well respected, scheduling company for some hotel shops. They would not name the MSC, which would ultimately contact the shoppers, I was told.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  07:02:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the same email from them about a month ago. Thought it was strange because I had already done a shop for them several months prior and had been paid. Oh, well, I'll put this on my "someday when I'm bored and have nothing else to do" list.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  04:40:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there any recent feedback on this company? They were advertising on Jobslinger. The jobs sound easy to do and close to home, but I'd like to know if the more seasoned shoppers have written them off.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  11:00:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new feedback for this MSC? I just scheduled a job for a testing service through Kern. I am very confused with their shopper website and not sure how to navigate things to complete the report. I have never had any problems with any other MSC before and now I am sweating bullets. I still have time to cancel this shop, which I am very much inclined to do so.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  09:14:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Milla, rather than cancelling, I would try to contact the MSC and get some help navigating the forms. Good luck.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  12:16:45 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Milla, cancelling is never a good idea. I was confused when first looking at their system as well, but if you don't try now, you will never learn. Instead of sweating bullets, bite the bullet and go for it! Remember, Kern schedules for many companies and it will leave a bad mark for you on their system as well as the company. There are people to help you.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  1:29:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Will do. I shall bite the bullet then thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  3:54:06 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Remember to ask for help if you need it and let us know how it all turns out if you don't need any help.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  08:37:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gotten paid for the March round of testing? My Kern scheduler passed on the contact information to them, so I can follow up directly with ISC.

I was paid within hours of sending a request to the contact at ISC! Yay!

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  6:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the test through KSS for them today. It was the GMAT which is broken into 4 parts with time limits of 30min, 30min, 75min, and 75min each. A clock on the computer counts down remaining time for each section, so it is simple to keep track of when 60 minutes has passed.

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Milla-B

Cincinnati, OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  08:53:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just want to follow up on this. I did the testing job with them and got paid through paypal within 2 weeks of completing the task. The questionnaire is not too bad too. Glad I bite the bullet on this one this time.
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Headland, Alabama
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  6:23:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the above referenced email from tyhem, and I have done the test shop for them. They pay fast and with no problems. A great company to work for.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  05:19:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a MAJOR problem. I signed up to take the Home Inspector's test. I received a ton of information in my email about it and got registered to be able to take it. One of the emails said after I register to send a copy of the email verifying registration to that person (who works for AQ Services) and to my scheduler (who I have no clue who that was). I at least forwarded the acceptance letter to the person at AQ Services. The email was returned to me. I know I scheduled it through a Sassie place, but I have no clue which one and I keep searching all my places to find the right one (even though I don't know how to contact anyone from there).

Anyhow, I never showed up to the test because I could not seem to verify with anyone about anything. So I am sure that I have been booted from whatever site I was suppposed to do the test for.

Anyone have any ideas???

Barbara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums