Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  12:09:28 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cilla
"ISC Quality Certification"
I found it interesting that if you follow instructions, you take the same test twice. More interesting is their membership in MSPA yet they stick to their own test and certification program.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

CherryT

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  02:50:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I foolishly signed up for one of their tests, didn't hear back, didn't have any idea when the test would be or exactly where at the school. Yesterday I received an email telling me the last day to take the test is tomorrow.

I really must have missed something in the past few weeks - I looked and found the dates, but still couldn't find out where I was supposed to go, as it is the email reminder they sent yesterday was too late because according to them the test is to be taken M-F somewhere at some undisclosed location that is off campus.

I sent them an email back, saying it was impossible and I would not be able to do the assignment. I have never ever done this with a shopping company.

I hate to say it - but I have a lot of difficulty understanding what they are requesting. It seems they are using an on-line English translator or someone whose grasp of English is probably much better than my grasp of any foreign language but not 90%.

Cherry
Go to Top of Page

CindyLou Shops the South
Contributor

South Carolina
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  05:54:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of these tests for this company and am signed up for another one. I was very skeptical of the site orginally because the grammar was poor and the wording was unusual. The directions seemed somewhat contradictory. A scheduling company set the assignment for me and I communicated with her quite a bit. If you were assigned through a scheduling company try to contact the scheduler for clarification. I realize you said you didn't have any information and may not have the schedulers name, etc. They paid as promised after the assignment was completed, so if you can get past the language barrier it is a fairly easy job. I was supposed to fail the test on location and I passed with a high score, fortunately they paid my anyway.

CindyLou
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  5:37:49 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought I would add my two cents since this company has received mixed opinions.

I signed up with the company after being contacted by a scheduler regarding a testing assignment. It is true that the website as well as the specific instructions around this assignment are provided in convoluted, poor English. My scheduler spoke and understood English well and seems to be from the US.

I took the GMAT at a local testing center. The assignment instructions were easy to follow. I am supposed to be paid $25 by Paypal. It says you are to stay in the center for one hour but I was enjoying the test so I stayed for two hours (the test takes about 4 hours if you stay, but the instructions indicated they wanted me to stop in the middle of it to see how the proctor reacted to me quitting).

The form was easier than average. I had to write a summary of my visit and then answer several yes/no questions. I'll be sure to post again if I have any payment issues or if there is any unusual follow-up from the company about the assignment.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
352 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  09:50:32 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all who've taken the time to share their experiences. I was considering a shop across the road from a business appointment, but have decided I don't need the hassle of chasing my fee.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

AmySue

Harrison, Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  08:36:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I performed a shop in April and in May. I have not been paid for either one. I have sent at least 3 emails to different email addresses hoping to get some type of response. No one has responded back. I have done this company many favors on shops when they could not find anyone. I am going to wait a little longer on the April shop and then I will have to resort to other measures. It has been over 60 days. There web site says payment can be expected within 45 days. Does anyone know who the head honcho is at this company?

Amy Sue
Go to Top of Page

AmySue

Harrison, Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  09:48:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good News. I heard back immediately from scheduler Tanya Hindes. She said she would look into the non payment right away. She apologized for the oversight in payment. As soon as I get paid I will let you all know. But at least I got a response, which is so important.

Amy Sue
Go to Top of Page

Debby Lewis
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  12:28:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am surprised to have read some of these negative comments. I have done quite a lot of visits for International Service Check and have always found the schedulers to be helpful and approachable. Also I have been paid for every visit without fail. Sometimes payment takes a while but it always comes.

Debby
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  10:21:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just come across two separate job postings for this company today, yet upon reading the threads, there seems to be mixed feelings about this company. However I am wondering if AmySue ever got paid, since her last post was on 06/28/2010, stating that she would let us know if she got paid or not. Yet since there has not been any activity posted on this company since 06/28/2010 I thought I would make an inquiry.

So AmySue, if you are reading this, can you please give us an update with your pay, and your experiences with this company since your June 28th posting (if you have done further shops for ISC).

Thank you.

David King
Go to Top of Page

JimmyNg668
Apprentice

Vancouver, BC
Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  4:06:00 PM  Visit JimmyNg668's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is my first MS company I worked for. I must say the payment is always on time. I am happy working for them

Jimmy
Vancouver Canada

Jimmy
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  6:46:13 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
David,
I'm not AmySue, but FWIW I completed one assignment with ISC about 3 months ago and was paid promptly (in a month or so). I have signed up for a second shop with them to do in December.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Nicole P.
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  9:52:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do about a shop a month for them (I wait till they go on bonus, though.) I have always been paid in a timely manner.

Nicole
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  10:43:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you JimmyNg668, JonK, and Nicole P., for provided me with an update on your current dealings with this company. For sure, it sounds like you all are having good experiences with this company as of late.

Thanks a MILLION for the great feed back and updates : - )

David King
Go to Top of Page

MitchK

Illinois
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  10:42:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did my first two shops for them last month. Paid in less than 30 days via Paypal. No problems!
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  01:25:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were requiring personal photos to see how you look and fit doing high-end assignments at designers stores. Has anyone sent their pictures to them? Is the pay now compatible to their "high-end" requirements?

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  8:26:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one who is appalled at the "Premium Brand Clothing" shops where you must buy something (in an expensive store) but are only reimbursed half? And you can't return the item?

Between that and (other) clients trying to pay me with a gift card to their store, and MSC's rejecting shops for things out of my control after I am out money, I am beginning to feel like I am PAYING to shop.

Maybe this is a good deal for someone who absolutely loves that store and would do anything to get half off of an item, but I don't think very many of us shoppers make that much money, so I think the number of mystery shoppers who even wear that brand must be pretty small (I haven't met too many shoppers who would spend $300 on a shirt). And I find it highly offensive that they won't reimburse the full amount of the required purchase!

No? Just me?

Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  12:28:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jahn Z, unfortunately I never signed-up with this company after my December 2010 posting, as I never saw any more shops offered by them in my area. Yet in the past 3 months, I have come across another company that sent out a blanket notice to all of their shoppers stating that you must have a photo in your profile in order to be considered for some special very good paying shops that they had coming up. Plus I came across another company that wanted their shoppers to make sure that they had a scanned copy of their drivers license in their profile. I thought that was odd, since I am now signed up with about 50 MS companies, and none had ever requested my scanned drivers license before. Though I never signed up with International Service Check, it sounds like you might have received one of those notices to have a photo in your profile?

Rene-R, I have not come across your type of shop before. Nor have I heard about a half reimbursement, where you can not return the item. Yet I am still pretty new to MS. Yet I would not do a shop with a requirement like that, unless I liked and wanted what item I had to buy . . . then I would be okay with a reimbursement for half the cost of the item. Yet you did not make it clear if you were getting paid on top of that or was the half off of a non-sale price item your payment for the shop.

Yet I have only done one purchase and return shop (for a clothing shop in December of last year), and I did not like it at all. The pay was good, but overall, I felt the time I had to invest in doing the shop, going to and from the shop, having to stay in the shop at least 45 minutes, had to try on at least 3 articles of clothes in the dressing room, had to make a 2 item purchase with a credit card (cash or debit card use was not allowed for this shop), having to meet the requirement that I could not make a return until at least 30 minutes later, and then taking the time to complete about a 4 hour report. I just did not think that it was worth it. Though I can not speak for other companies that offer shops like this, but so far, I keep tossing those shops in the trash. I have seen a few offered by other companies that I am tempted to give it another try, since their guidelines and reports sound much easier . . . yet of course the pay is not all that great, but at least I would be willing to try one out, but all of those shops require that you either have to keep the item between 1 to 3 days before you can return it. So I am not about to go back out of my way to return an item a day or a few days later. I did not mind killing time for 30 minutes to return the item (I just ate lunch at the shopping center and came back to make the return, so I did not have to drive anywhere and come back). Now with that being said, to me, the money is not worth all of the time, gas, wear-and-tear on my car, and aggravation of having to go back on another day just to get the second part of the shop done. GRRRRR!!!

David King
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  12:39:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shop pays $5 and reimburses up to $140, but only if you spend $280.

And your experience is exactly why I have never (and will never) do a purchase & return shop.

They would have to pay triple what they normally offer, & then I'd only do it if the return could be done the same day so I don't have to drive back there.

Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  12:59:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rene-R. It is great to get some feedback. Yet for sure, in the case of your shop, it seems like you really get the short end of the stick . . . unless you planned on purchasing the item(s) that you planned on buying or would buy without it being a MS shop.

Yet considering how long it takes the average shop to pay, so far, I skip all reimbursement shops. Yet one day, I hope to build up enough funds in my bank account in order to do those shops.

Thanks so much for your feedback, and good luck to you :-)

David King
Go to Top of Page

KariK
Contributor

Minneapolis, MN
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  5:58:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've taken the certification test 4 times and still haven't passed it yet.
I gave up
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums