Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 How many "Sassie" shops do you complete each month?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  12:19:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've seen the posts asking how many shops other shoppers routinely complete each month.

I thought it would be interesting to know how many shops from "Sassie" other shoppers complete each month.

I normally complete at least 120-150 shops per month for approx. 10 to 15 various MS companies. I've been MS'ing for over 3 years.

Four is the highest number of Sassie shops I've ever been assigned in one month.

I have as many shops I could possibly complete each month anyway, from the other non-Sassie sites. I'm Silver Certified.

I normally average $20 per hour, by scheduling shops in the same area on the same days (while our children are in school).

Peter T. Sanderson
Valued Contributor

Pawley's Island, SC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  12:47:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious. Why is this an interesting question?

The companies that use SASSIE are in no way related to each other except that they are all utilizing the same software platform to assign shops.

I mean, it would be like:

How many shops do you complete each month that use Excel Spreadsheets?

How many shops do you complete each month that require you to parallel park?

L8R
Pete
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  1:17:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Each to his own, I guess.

The reason this is interesting and not comparable to using Excel, etc. is because:

The companies using Sassie are the assignments that are assigned based on being "Gold or Silver" Certified.

I have received shops from all other companies that I have a reputation with, or that are self-assign...without any reference to being certified. (Although I am silver-certified, it hasn't been an issue).

Again, I have at least 120 shops scheduled this month. The "Sassie" assignments are a nice addition, but they're not ones that I depend on for $$ each month.
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  1:48:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One thing I notice when I apply to the shops that do use the Sassie System and this is something I just realized because you posted about Sassie, is that I could try to get five of the shops in my area, and I could be early(like signing up before the email goes out) and I never usually get more than one of the particular kind of shop posted at that time. It may well be because it's not really self assign. That's just a thought I had when you mentioned it......the light bulb went off! I do get more than what you are getting. I'm Gold and probably get at least ten. Now at first I got none and it was very aggravating but I kept trying and I got them finally. This was before any certification. Also even though you are silver, maybe you are not getting there before the other silvers to sign up. And I think my good ratings are helping me too to get more and more. Not a bad topic for discussion. Whether it's one that uses Sassie, self assign or whatever......I like them all since I am making extra $$$. Continued success in your shops. Cya, Paula
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  1:58:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paula

Thank you for the helpful and informative post. I normally get any of the Sassie assignments from BAI (Bare and Associates) that I apply for. They don't seem to have a rotation, but the Sassie sites definitely aren't self-assign. The schedulers look for Gold/Silver, and ratings.

I have 10/10 on all of the BAI assignments (on Sassie).

It would be great if the other "Sassie" sites were connected, and could see the BAI ratings. However, the Sassie sites aren't connected because each MS company has their own. It would helpful to the MS company and the shopper (we'd get more assignments, if they only knew the ratings from other Sassie sites).

Thanks again for your positive reply, Paula
Go to Top of Page

BarbIN
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  2:01:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFL

The companies using Sassie are the assignments that are assigned based on being "Gold or Silver" Certified.
As a Gold Certified shopper, I do not believe the Sassie shops are assigned based on certification alone. I do believe the certification raises your odds of getting Sassie assignments.
Go to Top of Page

Kenty
Valued Contributor

Tampa Bay Area, FL
USA
118 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  2:06:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not every company that uses SASSIE uses the same rating system or standards. Therefore, it would not necessarily be informative for a scheduler to see the ratings on another company's site. Lori Kern posted information about this on a thread a while back. I tried a few searches and didn't find it, but I'm sure it is there.

Kerstin
MSPA Gold Certified, Shopping the Greater Tampa Bay Area
MSSIC: mascara
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  2:20:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Peter totally. SASSIE is a program. Not a type of shop. Each company that uses it does so in their own way. The companies use their own scoring and they do not relate to other companies whether they use SASSIE or not. They may consider the silver or gold or they may not. It has nothing to do with SASSIE. SASSIE is just the tool used for managing the database.

Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  2:33:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every "Sassie" site asks for the shopper's Gold or Silver cert.#.

None of the "Sassie" sites are self-assign. So, although each MS company has their own schedulers, etc.--Shoppers do not ever self-assign shops. There are definite similarities amongst all the Sassie sites.

I always complete at least 120 shops per month (plus an additional 200 shops every quarter that involve evaluating 2 entire malls!).

The shops on "Sassie" sites amount to less than 5 per month, on my schedule.

I still believe the 10/10 ratings on BAI's (Bare and Associates) Sassie site would still show excellence...if any other MS companies (using Sassie) could see the ratings. Obviously the schedulers and companies don't rate that differently--A 10/10 rating/shopper would still rate near the top if other editors were looking at the same evaluations.
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  3:17:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just apply for all the sassie shops that come out and hope to get at least one. I have yet to self assign myself, so I am not sure. I know my Sassie numbers of shops has increased significantly since becoming certified. Right now, I stand at 6 sassies for this month.

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

Peter T. Sanderson
Valued Contributor

Pawley's Island, SC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  3:19:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFL
OK, so the actual question is:

Do companies that gather MSPA Cert info actually descriminate against those without certification and/or favor those with certification?

Please post
A) What % of jobs you do per month for companies that gather MSPA Cert info over your total number of shops.

B) Your MSPA Certification Status: none, silver, gold

C) Any other relevant data or occurrences that could affect our totally scientific study.

Pete
Go to Top of Page

MichelleWA

Sammamish, WA
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  3:23:56 PM  Visit MichelleWA's Homepage  Send MichelleWA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can think of a couple of companies that use Sassie that have the MSPA Certification entry disabled. I can think of a few companies that don't use Sassie that allow you to enter your certification number in the profile. Sassie is merely a tool, not a business practice.

I don't find that the number of shops I do for companies that use Sassie to be significantly different from the number of shops I'm assigned by other companies that are not self-assign.
Go to Top of Page

Heather_K
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  3:45:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it's an interesting question, as we often see on here shoppers who get frustrated about not getting Sassie shops. I think there was a new thread about this a couple of days ago? Anyway...

I do maybe 30 shops a month, most from self-assign sites. I have no certification at this time. I do perhaps 1 or 2 Sassie shops a month, I'm not sure how many I apply for - maybe 20? FTR, my attitude with Sassie is "apply and forget it"...if I get the shop it's a bonus, but I don't plan on it, you know?
Go to Top of Page

CherylW
Valued Contributor

Riverview, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  4:01:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do about 35-40 shops per month. I had 5 sassie shops in Sept and 6 in August. So far this month I have 8. Since I have gotten certified, I have been more selective in what I request because it seems like I get the shop more often than not with sassie. I requested 3 last week and 3 this week and was assigned all of them.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  4:04:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NancyFl.

Sorry, but I do not agree with your statement "Originally posted by NancyFL
The companies using Sassie are the assignments that are assigned based on being "Gold or Silver" Certified.:[susp

I just became Silver certified a few weeks ago and I do an average of 15 to 20 shops per month from different SASSIE sites before this, and they did not care whether I was certified or not, but they did care that my scores were 9 or 10's for the shop that I did for them.
And yes, SASSIE shops are not self assigned, but you still have to contact the scheduler to get these shops. In fact today I just finished 5 shops, all from SASSIE.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

JenniferSTL

St. Louis, Missouri
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  4:05:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Nancy...Don't let it get to ya gal. I think you asked a good question. I only mystery shop part time, but I would say 95 percent of all my shops are via SASSIE. On a good month, that usually amounts to about 20 shops. I think it mainly comes down to the fact that I have just applied to more companies that use this tool than don't. I haven't applied much since silver certification, but I have gotten my first jobs with two new companies who can see my silver certification in my SASSIE profile. Coincidence? Perhaps. But then again, maybe not.

Shopping the St. Louis area
Go to Top of Page

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  4:20:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess it just depends. I am not certified by MSPA and nor will I ever be but this week has been my busiest week ever. I hope I don't faint after doing all these shops

I do have two Sassie shops for the month already and one is because the scheduler asked me if I was available. Guess it is one of those hard to fill shops??

Peter-You are a riot! I hope that I am not being discriminated against because I am not a "certified" shopper. Actually, in the past few months, I have been getting some really great shops from non-SASSIE companies with excellent compensation and fast paying.

I guess it all depends here. Perhaps I could get more shops but I do work a full time and part time job.

Whew, Calgon take me away!!!

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

LouLou

Columbus, Ohio
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  6:22:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never been assigned a 'sassie' shop. This month I applied for 8 and got turned down on all of them. I am not gold/silver certified. But, I keep trying, maybe someday they will give me a break
Go to Top of Page

TSA_Sarah
Valued Contributor

Arkansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  6:48:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am silver certified. I do 40-50 shops a month and maybe 5 or so are Sassie. Before I was certified I rarely got accepted and now I am accepted for about 80% of the shops I apply for.

Sarah
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.KenInSac
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  7:57:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heather_K

I think it's an interesting question, as we often see on here shoppers who get frustrated about not getting Sassie shops. I think there was a new thread about this a couple of days ago?
Yep, I started one on 10/02 on our frustrations with getting (actually, NOT getting) SASSIE shops.

When do you stop trying to get jobs from a company?

Since that post, my wife and I have applied for 11 jobs - 6 from SASSIE companies, and 5 from non-SASSIE companies. We got 5 out of 11 of those jobs ... guess which ones?

Ken

Ken
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

KarynPA
Star Contributor

Middletown, PA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  8:25:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 8 "Sassie" shops last month and 58 "non-Sassie" shops. Last month I was Silver Certified, this month I am Gold and already have 8 "Sassie" shops and 42 others lined up...and it's still early! Coincidence????

MSPA Gold n4fxv4 -Shopping South-Central PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums