Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  4:52:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Must be something new then. It was a little quiz to test your merchandising knowledge. I don't have a person to contact which stinks because the position I want has been open for like two months.
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  9:44:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that I can send a dozen messages to my DM before I ever get an answer, and by then it no longer matters.

I think I probably will not stick with these folks past Christmas, although I feel some weird moral obligation not to quit abruptly in the middle of the busy season.

But I don't ask "stupid" questions. If I need an answer, I need it *now* and not a month from Tuesday...

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  02:14:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that you seem to be having so much trouble, my DM is great. SPAR is my regular full-time job and I love it! There are hardware and software problems everywhere and I agreem tech support is a little "lacking", especially with our new PDA's, but hang in there.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  03:46:30 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always had fantastic response from my DM. Sadly she has left to go to another company. I don't have a new DM yet but I'm hoping I get as good response from her/him.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  07:07:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Jenny,
I'm with Spar too, great DM here too. What all are you doing with Spar to get a lot of hours. I just have one Kmart and do videos 1X week and then whatever extra needs done in that store. I contacted my DM about McKesson and she passed me on to that DM but I never heard anymore about it.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  08:40:44 AM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know when I have job related questions I can call the SAL line. Have you tried that? They are always very helpful especially when I am in the field and can't get ahold of my DM at that second. SHe's great and returns calls as quick as she can

Terri, where are you? I hear the McK DM's are all traveling for a special project but there are openings everywhere
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  10:22:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terri, I'm almost overloader with work. Ask Karin, if you can take on more alittle farther out. I know you know how to do most anything. Over here there are 3 of us, and 1 had CC which is closing. I'm not sure what she is going to do but she does work for a couple other companies. We have had, in the last 2 wks, Cloros, green dot, 5276, RM jobs, I had a WM wing project, Blitzes @ KM & Sears and other things I can't remember.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  1:42:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Memphis, TN. I applied to the Oakland, TN position, but didn't get it apparently. I also got an email that said they keep an application for six months. I'm very tempted to fill out another one regardless of that waiting period now that they have another area opening since they aren't replying anyway.
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  4:29:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL, Marla, it's been pretty wild on the Left Coast as well. I also have things I can't remember. I walked by a display in Sears the other day and said to my friend, "See - that's just like the one I did." Then I looked closer to see how the "other rep" handled a particularly sticky space problem, and realized that it WAS the one I did!

Alanda, I know management reads this forum, even if they don't post. Perhaps someone will send you the name of a Manager in Memphis.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  6:33:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with spar for 10 years, and am on my 5th DM. 2 of them retired and 2 when they redid areas. They have all been great, always answering my phone calls and emails fast.Must have been lucky all these years to always get a great DM.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  6:57:10 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you do re apply, make certain you list all your merchandising experience. When I filled mine out a year ago, I told them everything I ever did...how i knew how to read a plannogram, I had done many resets, I did audits and a little shadow shopping. I told them I was flexible and could be called when someone flaked...
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  05:19:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alana, my DM is over IN, KY, and TN. I'll email you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  05:33:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone checked their assignments for next week? My assignments went from 1-2 hours per week, to 12-14 next week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  07:13:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Marla,
I've had the green dot but not the Clorox amorall project. In addition to the video work. Do you know what McKesson is? I still don't. I haven't checked my work for next week yet, but I think I get so little work because I service just one Kmart in a small town.
Katherine, I'm in Central Indiana.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  07:21:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help Marla. I did try to apply again, but it wouldn't let me.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  6:00:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terri, next week I have Kmart, Sams, Meijer, Kohls, Target and WMx3, all for Spar, up to 13-15 hrs.

Alanda, I sent your info to my DMM. Hopefully she'll get back to you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  6:02:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McKesson is the independent pharmacy/drug stores I believe.
I have a lot of work for the next 2 weeks from spar also, about 14-19 hours.I have kmart(2),CC,WM(3) Kohl's,Target,Rite Aid(4)FredMeyer.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:26:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Holy cow, Marla - if my 6 hours triples next week, I'm going to be in deep, DEEP compost. Do they do that - without checking with reps first? I just won't think about it

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  02:17:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine just tripled and I LOVE IT!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  02:50:29 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My work hasn't posted for next week yet as of last night. This week I had the video, clorox armorall, glade/dixie, mckesson and icon. Hopefully next week will be good too.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums