Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  04:38:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I don't have 6 hours/wk, usually only 1-2 hr/wk, last week 6, this week 5, next week 14. Not a problem, except I work for SMP and bds/channel partner also. Next week, new wave for bds/channel partners, not sure how much work for them. SMP not adding much til 12/1. $$$ is looking good, tho.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  06:16:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marla. After thinking about it, I think the way I filled my application out might have hurt me. Plus that 6 month hold really hurts when I've contracted with other companies which can show I have the experience needed. Oh and did you receive my e-mail?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  06:25:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the last email I got from you, dated 11/9.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  08:20:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok. I sent one yesterday. I'll send it again.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  08:46:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok, yesterday, I installed Norton, and un-installed it quick. I don't like being told who and what I can look at.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  7:49:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, you should be able to install Norton without parental controls enabled. But Kaspersky is much, MUCH better!

To disable Parental Conrols *after* Norton is installed, go to this link and follow the 8-Step Program:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/0/78f56c895317c0338825702e007b7d70?OpenDocument

On a semi-related topic, I figured out why I couldn't see my Merchandiser Job Assignments from home. IE 6 has a bug where it does *not* do an auto-refresh, and you have to right-click on the (apparently) empty page, and then click "refresh." Poof! Jobs appear! Yay!

If you get an annoying message *inside* the pop-up window that says "You do not have permission to right-click on this page," a CNTL-F5 will refresh without a right-click.

CNTL-P will print the pop-up page.

Those of you who emailed me for help with this, check this out and let me know - either way.

LOL - probably about the time we get this all figured out, SPAR website administrators will release a version compatible with FireFox and all the problems will go away anyway

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  08:19:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I'm glad to see you online. I was worried about you and Ross, with the fires. I didn't get the maps out, but still concerned.

Regarding Norton, just drove me nuts. Not a very far drive.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  08:34:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
(laughing) Marla, I don't know for sure about Russ, but *I* do not live in a $20 million home My drafty barn isn't worth anything close to that.

We're both north of Sacramento, which is easily 200 miles north & 100 miles east of the Montecito/Santa Barbara area (Thank God!). But it's bad down there. I'm having a little trouble drumming up sympathy for folks whose home burned when they have 5 (or 10) others to move into. Most weren't even home. There are legions of live-in staff, though, who have lost everything. That's bad.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  1:36:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not in that neck of the woods but thanks for checking. My wife and I have a two bedroom apartment plus a large orange cat but no multi million dollar home for us.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  3:15:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that you both are OK and far away. I was in FL when they have wildfires, we didn't have any, but the smoke changed the horizon. We were about 60-100 miles away, but we could still see the smokeyness.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  3:32:44 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terri,
McKesson is the independent pharmacy assignment, where we visit once a month to reset the otc products. This month we did analgesics. Next month we are doing batteries and smoking cessation. It's a great assignment. I love my little stores.
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  3:46:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
...But the large orange cat is probably worth every bit of $20 million!

I wouldn't trade mine for anything in the world. I them!

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  6:15:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well he thinks he is as he is stretched out in the hallway upside down sleeping.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  12:30:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have'nt heard of McKesson jobs in my area yet, however I cannot believe all of the jobs that we've recently gotten! It is so great, I also have a K.........'s store next week.( Sorry, just want to make sure I don't break any rules in my posts). At first I didn't think I'd be getting many hours, but I sure do now! I'm hanging in there working two jobs right now, just to see how it will go. I would love to be with SPAR full time permanently. Also...my DM is THE BEST. She's on top of it all, and responds to all of my emails and calls fast as lightning. The support from SPAR overall has been excellent, and just thought I'd share my awesome experience with you guys! Happy merch-ing! :)

Jess
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  04:34:02 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The name of the drug store wouldn't be McKesson. They are small independent drug stores that the jobs are done in. They are also handled by a different DM than your regular DM so your regular DM may not know about them. I would email & ask if the program exists in your area. I'm in a small rural town & we have one. They are a once a month job. You even get a separate badge.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  08:42:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh...thanks Ellen! My current chain drug stores are my favorites to do, so I'll be asking if we have these smaller independant ones you mention, and see what I find out. I might as well ask also, does anyone have problems merchandising in WM? I always seem to have an issue or two with them( missing dept mananger, missing shipment, etc).

Jess
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  11:06:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jess,

I don't work for Spar, but I do merchandise in WM for several companies. I am just south of you in the Chehalis area. At first I did have a little trouble finding managers etc, but now I think they are used to seeing me and usually come right away when I need them of course, there are always those exceptions.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  7:00:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my WM's I never can find a dept. manager, "they are either on overnites, on break, at lunch, in a meeting" And if your lucky you may get an asst. manager or co manager after waiting for 30 minutes.I just go in and do my job, if I need someone and can't get a manager fast, I get the help of an ioc person(they're the ones that do the stocking)and they usually can help me.Or I get someone in receiving. For signing paperwork, I just get a csm to do it.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  11:17:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi KaritoWAI hope they do get used to seeing me and possibly begin to recognize me; I will be going there quite often now. Glad to hear it is not anything "personal" against merchandisers LOL. Sue, I have tossed the thought around about just going about my job and minding my own business in WM, and might just try that. After all, a good way to get someone's attention in a store is to start messing up an end cap and throwing it all in a cart.... It is hard to do a job sometimes within your time allowance when you have to search all over when you have a question...but I enjoy it all the same. Just wondering if that was the standard. Thanks so much for your input!

Jess
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  7:20:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just explain that I have an hour to help them out, and if they want me to stand around waiting instead of working, that's fine with me. Then I look at my watch and say, "But I DO have to leave at 3. I have two more stores to help out today." Usually the store MOD appears forthwith.

Wasn't it Russ who suggested calling from the CS desk and asking to speak to someone? This works, too. "Where are you?" "Waiting at the CS counter." "Oh - be right there!"

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums