Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  04:49:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have sent some of you an email to laugh at, just sent it. Enjoy.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  05:49:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on McKesson, my DM passed my info on to that DM but I never heard anything after that. I would love to have more hours with Spar but it's just not happening.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  6:11:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar has a new IC contract posted. As of Jan 9,2009, the workmans comp. that we pay is being lowered to 2.9 % because of low accident reports. More money on the paycheck

Sue
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:58:16 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yea,I see...Isn't this great!! Since when does a company do something nice like lower fees?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  04:27:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every penny helps, and that's what the discounted WC amounts to for me. This last year, since 3/1/08, I have only "paid" $55.00. And since it's tax deductible, I don't have a problem.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  10:52:23 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else receive two DVDs from Spar? Am I correct in assuming these are Christmas gifts? There wasn't a note or anything so I want to make sure

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  11:50:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes they are gifts, there was a couple of different programs running that if your store kept the temp. merchandiser up and at the front of the store for 2 or more weeks then you got a free dvd of that movie.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  11:58:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got 4, they were gifts from the studios for a job well done. You should have known they were coming, they just took a while.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  12:28:28 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks. This is my first year for them so it was a surprise!

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  3:52:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DMM emailed my group and told us to expect 2 and more later, I haven't received mine yet. I received American Gangster earlier in the year, I think June/July time frame.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  08:09:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received mine the other day, Zohan and Dark Knight. We got a few last year at Christmas also.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  08:14:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I need to check my box since you're nearby. I seen Zohan, but not the DK, not sure if it's my type of show. Do you think we'll get a reset in near future? My store needs one, my disney rep only does his section, whether there is any of his on NR or BS. He's nothing like Rhonda.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  4:39:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's my disney rep. also, they only do their section,never the nr or bs sections and my one store has an outpost fixture that she doesn't bother to take care of either. My stores only have a 5' bs section so I keep mine to the current pog. On the nr I change out and put my videos but not any of disney's, I figure it's not my job to do their's I don't have enough time to do my own work most of the time . The old disney rep. used to take care of all her stuff, the new ones I've told that they are suppose to do their movies on the nr,bs and outpost, one told me her manager told her she was only to do her section, that the spar rep took care of her videos on the other fixtures.I don't think so.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  4:44:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My former disney/Mosaic rep was great. She had been with Spar before she went with Mosaic. She helped me learn and if one of us wasn't able to finish the POG, the other one would. It did not matter "who" was supposed to do it. I have decided to let him to "his" section and I'll do my studios. If his stuff isn't out, tough. This may not be the right attitude, but I'm tired of doing it all. Spar only gives me 1 hr (normal times) to do a 30 ft video, and my KM people don't even print a POG let alone know how to read one. Sorry, had to vent.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  10:24:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I take it this is a good company to work for? What is the pay like, the first couple pages on this post says really low? Is that still true?

Thanks,
Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  12:35:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't say the pay is the greatest, but it is regular. I have a weekly ongoing project that I can count on. My DM is wonderful, always willing to listen and answer questions when I have them. They do not offer DD, and I am an IC, not employee. Those are getting be big considerations for me. I have only been with them since last March. They are my biggest income company for 2008. I would still recommend them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  2:57:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live on what I make from Spar, I highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  3:43:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are 3 Spar reps in my town, so we have to share. I have 1 regular ongoing job with them weekly. Not enough to live on, no matter how I live. But with the extra work that comes in, it's a nice check, especially in the last few weeks. I sure wish they had Direct Deposit. Is anyone hired as employee, vs IC, except maybe RM or DMs?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  4:08:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy the work, but my DM is useless. She doesn't answer the phone, doesn't return messages, doesn't respond to emails, claims she sent messages to me "but they must not have arrived..." The list goes on and on. I'm quitting after the first of the year because she's sending a clear message that I am unimportant to her, the issues at my stores are unimportant to her, and client requirements which cannot be fulfilled are unimportant to her.

But there are good ones out there! I would work for Spar again anytime if I didn't have to work for this woman!

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  4:30:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also am considering whether to continue to work with Spar, only because they are my lowest pay and only one without DD. My daughter-in-law is willing to step into my Spar-shoes. She is my back-up now and I am training her to step in whenever I need her.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums