Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  6:37:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You use the pliers to cut thru the zip-ties that hold the Cosmo and Good Housekeeping holders. You cut and then pull, that's why the pliers work better than just the utility knife. Yes if you only have 6 racks, which is 3 endcaps, you could probably do it yourself. My son done the heavier physical work while I was cleaning and organized the magazines/stickers. It took the 2 of us a total of 15 man-hours for 44 racks. But my store was not ready even after calling and make an appointment with dept 82. She showed up an hour after our appt time. Then no-one knew where the racks were. Also this was done on Halloween, definitely not a good day.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  6:48:35 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
So the racks just slide onto something and lift off? Basically just pick them up & slide them on? Plus taking magazines on and off & cleaning up?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  6:52:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They slide/hook into the uprights that hold the endcap back wall. Looks like a flatten pipe with holes in it. You need to loosen the hooks alittle so that the hooks will line up with the holes and the top of the rack is even with top of endcap.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:18:10 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK now it makes a little more sense to me. I found someone to help so keep your fingers crossed.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  03:23:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are doing these racks in 4 hours for a total of 28 racks, which is all any of my stores have been sent. I take the old ones off, he installs the new ones and I go behind him and put the stickers and magazines in place. We have been setting the old racks off full, then all you have to do is transfer to the new racks. This saves a lot of time. I also make sure the endcaps look like they should.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  04:11:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my magazines were not in the same location. some of the mags were not even on the list of stickers for the first one. My first store was a "test" store for the mags. And the mag person was upset that her mags were out of place, but nobody had a POG, including her or her company.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  6:24:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen, how did your wing project go? Mine was a pain. I don't want to do another one. It seems like my WMs aren't willing to get things together before I get there. I called 2 days ago and they promised to have the racks down so that they would be ready for me. I showed up late and they still were up in the racks, then had to wait for someone to show up and be able to get the pallets down.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  7:23:50 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It went OK except I had to wait for them to bring the boxes up front. I told them I'd be there at 9am & they said they'd have the racks up front for me. They weren't of course so I waited about half an hour for them to locate them & bring them up. Then, I didn't get the "care package" I was supposed to get so I had no labels / pog to put the magazines back on with. They are sending me another set so I can go back and fix them the right way. At least the racks are up. I'm glad I had someone along with me to help though. It would have been a lot more of a pain with only one person.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  03:49:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a pain even with 2, especially if you have 38-44 racks. You did get your "helper" online with Spar, right?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  5:46:44 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nah. I had a friend of mine help me for a couple hours. She's not looking for work. I split what I made & bought her lunch LOL.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  6:21:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
has anyone gotten assigned a "Resolve" job yet on their Spar work list? I am a but uncomfortable with this assignment, so am hoping someone can share their experience with it.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  8:22:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
not yet, where is it to be done?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  01:25:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do have this one, what makes you uncomfortable?
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  08:39:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get the feeling I am "selling" the product to the manager, I fell if it is there program they should know the program I should not have to 'sell them" on how it works. I don't see this as merchandising.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  09:47:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is suppose to be an e-training online that we can do. Its suppose to be about dropping off some kind of POP.
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  11:55:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DHall, can you be more specific about the job? I haven't gotten any info that I will get assigned this but maybe I can help.
Terri

Terri
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  2:35:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least my assignment is for a hotel chain, you have to call and make an appointment to meet with the highs ranking person on staff, you then arrive for your visit, in your kit will be a rewards resource guide for a leave behind. in your downloaded papers from the web site you will have 2 pages of highlights to go over with that person covering info from their guild and how to pass the new program onto their hotel guests.There seems to be highlights from each page for a total of 14 pages to cover. Included under those highlights are additional information to point out to this person about the program.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  6:41:02 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The hotel chain assignment is for the new rewards program they are tranfering over to, The hotels already know about this. There is no selling, only a face to face education of some finer points and drop off the new brochures/pop. I took the e-training today and it was real simple.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  6:56:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have taken the quiz on the Best Western assignment. It sounds simple enough. Basically, go in, be sure the management understands the program and the changes between old program and new program, remove old brochures and place new brochures. In and out 30-45 minutes. Test wasn't bad either.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  07:05:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
oh thank you I was just nervous about the though of having to 'sale" someone something, I couldn't sell a soda in the middle of the desert

Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums