Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  2:17:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a pretty fun job. Hopefully it will be available in my area.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  5:27:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have a Best Western hotel? If so, it may be coming up. Also KM has a new job coming up for swimming pool supplies, March or April. Did you get that info?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  7:12:53 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Marla - How do you find out about what's coming out in the future?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  02:20:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is also the upcoming Anderson job, which will be permanent weekly.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  03:41:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't heard about the Anderson job, is Anderson a product or company?

Ellen, my DM is really good about sending "heads up" emails as soon as she see something coming up, so that we can plan. Sometimes, the jobs disappear, but I would rather plan on them and drop vs. not plan and then get hit. Also on the job assignments, sometimes you can click on the store # before the "links" show up and see some of the info.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  06:34:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There may be one in Kokomo or Noblesville, I'm not really sure. I got the information on the swimming pool supplies.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  8:44:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone with the walmarts think the pay is too low? I worked my first store today with a fellow spar rep and we both think they are really shorting us on the pay... I don't mind hard work but I want to be paid good...

... in my opinion ... we are employed because we have the "skills" to do the work the employees don't, won't, or can't do and we should be paid well for it!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  01:24:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM says the job was bid way too low, but it encourages me to work faster. My husband and I are averaging 9 racks an hour which is 36.00 per hour. If you look at it that way, not too shabby.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  03:39:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you mean the wing projects, yes, for what we needed to do, it would too cheap. My partner & I did OK, but it was just the 2 of us. My son went 45 min away to help another rep, to find out that her store only had 26 wings. So he traveled 62 miles RT to make $52. luckily our DM paid some mileage, otherwise it was not worth it. Luckily that store was much easier than the ones we done locally.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  03:42:50 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My store only had 6 racks to put together. My store is 15 miles away. It took me & a friend 3 hours to put them together plus 45 minutes drive time. That's $24 for almost 4 hours worth of "work" plus I gave my friend $10 for helping me. So that's $14 for 4 hours worth of work. Not worth it in my mind at all.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  06:25:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! LOL ... I thought maybe I was losing it ... I emailed my managers that I thought the job was too low.. I have two more stores on my schedule but really can't afford to do them at that rate of pay... anyone else decline any more of these projects..

I always worry about declining a project; I know we are IC but I don't want them to hold it against me when future work comes around.

It seems to me that alot of jobs have been coming in at lower paying prices lately though.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  07:01:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone beside me having trouble gettng IN to the Best Western training? If I go to the E-Training link, it says I must register first. When I try to register, I get an ODBC SQL error that says my state is missing, and to resubmit. My management is ignoring my "Help!" messages. Help!

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

PennyT
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:57:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone from Spar called me in response to an inquiry I sent from NARMS. I also applied on their site. The person called me a week ago. I was told they had jobs in my area and I would be able to login into their system and work for them. I gave this person my SS# over the phone and was told they would quickly process this info. I, as a dummy, did not get any contact info for this person and I have not heard from them! Any advice? I do have their name. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow. Should I try and call them? Will they be sending me something in the mail?

Spar just called and they had the wrong email. Yeah! I'm in the system and I will hopeful get to work! Thank you!

Penny in NorCal
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  1:42:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not declining any of these wing racks really. I know the pay is low but I am not finding it that hard. I have 20 stores and none of them have less than 28 racks.
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  2:42:16 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,
When you to into e-training, you probally know to use your MS # and your password to log onto the training site...I was just in there and I had no problem with anything...If at first you don't succeed, try try again!!
You are logging on through Internet Explorer, right?
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  2:48:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KatherineB

You are logging on through Internet Explorer, right?
Katherine,
Your right you have to use Internet Explorer. I was using foxfire and I was told it was not compatible to spar systems. When I changed
it worked fine...
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  3:09:20 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not declined the wing rack jobs even though the pay is low in my mind. Work is work & I need all of it I can get. If I don't take all the work in my area from them, I risk them finding someone else who will.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  3:21:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Ellen. Too many people out of work right now. I would rather not take a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  4:22:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My helper and I get a really good system going and we get about 6 done an hour...Works out to 12.00 per hour...Its not bad..Better than the alternative of not having enough work...
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  4:40:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son and I averaged $10/hr on the wing projects. Not too bad, but it could be better. He done the heavy work and I followed him arranging the mags. My back was sore after both of the ones we done, and he done most of the lifting. There is only 1 more store in my area, thank goodness.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums