Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  1:37:57 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is for anyone who has the McKesson assignment...

I am finding my stores do not want suncare this month. What did the DM say on the conference call this month to do? Were we to hold onto our pog's or leave them with the store?
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:42:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a WM coming up next week and my mail report says there are 36 racks. I will probably need to soak in a hot bath after that day is over! LOL!

I tried to give the next two stores up but they don't really want to reassign them. I need work too but if it is so physically tasking that it affects my other jobs and my home life I really don't see it as being worth it.

Oh well, that's the way it goes. Hopefully this leads to more, better work in the future.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  3:29:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, a long soaking bath. Both of the stores that my son and I have done had 38 and 44 racks. If you can get some extra help, do so. But get your helpers registered with Spar, so that IF they get hurt, WC will cover it. My son and I work this way. I remove the mags, he does the removal of old rack, I clean under the old rack, he installs new rack, and then I install the stickers and mags that match. Don't be surprised if there are mags that are not on POG, both of our stores had that situation.

I usually dedicated an entire day, just for the racks. Even if the whole is not used up, my energy is.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  09:42:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone that currently works Spar from New Jersey?

Anyone know if Spar recently lost a contract? Which one I'm not exactly sure (perhaps the one that had merchandisers in private pharmacies?) and not sure if it's true either.

Any info would sure be appreciated.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  12:01:36 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the privately owned pharmacy assignment. I know that I have lost stores that are no longer a customer of the client. I have also had stores added that they have picked up. SPAR has not lost the client, as I still have all my stores. On the conference call we had, the DM said we were doing great with this client.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  6:28:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They lost Circuit City as they are going out of business. Did the movies and games there.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  06:07:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies. I was set to start one of the private pharmacies but is no longer participating.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  07:09:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I have read, Spar jobs are not consistent and do not pay well... Am I wrong?
Would you recommend this company to your best friend?
Do you get alot of emails and administrative work with this company?

What are the pluses to working for this company?

I see alot of Spar jobs in my area but have refused to work for them because I expect at least $12 an hour and I don't think this is doable with Spar.

I'm looking for more work but don't know if Spar is the way to go.
Any advice is appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  11:01:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Spar and it is my main source of income. The hourly wage is low but the jobs are plenty. Some of the jobs are a flat rate and take only a few minutes in store. I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone, all of the work is entered online. You have to print paperwork but you are compensated for it. My DM is wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  11:36:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna, I also not think you would get $12/hr, but I would recommend the company as a whole. The pay isn't the best, but I am still with Spar. Even after giving up a weekly ongoing job with them. I just got tired of that specific job. the pay is regular and you can check what your paycheck, before WC deductions, on either Tuesday or Wednesday before the check is mailed. They don't offer direct deposit, but only 1 time in a year was my check later, and only a few days. I usually receive my check in my mailbox no later than Tues after the date of the check. Even with holidays.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  4:06:12 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar is great to work for but I don't think you're going to get near $12/hour. They only hire ICs as well not employees. My DM is great to work with & the work is regular.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  11:48:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with spar since 1998. I have no complaints. All my Dm's over the years have been great,they give pay raises every year,the work is steady.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  12:58:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm due for a raise. I haven't heard how much yet.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  12:54:49 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always had great DM's, which I think is the reason for staying w/ a company. The pay is fair for the work involved. We don't get into heavy resets where I think a merchandiser would be paid more for the expertice. Checks are mailed out on the pay date and I have always received within a couple of days.

I have been happy with SPAR for 2 years.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  1:13:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This week is the first week my check has been late, is anyone else's late?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  1:55:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last pay day they posted a notice saying that pay day is Friday and that is the day the checks are mailed out is on Friday.
I know for awhile they were mailed on Weds. and I got mine on Fri.,then for a while now they were mailed out on Thurs. and I got mine on Sat. Last pay day I didn't get mine until the following Thursday, will probably be the same with this payday as I live at the end of the pony express route or so it seems with the post office.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  3:08:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't received my check yet either. I didn't realize that they actually mailed out before Friday, I never looked at the postmark, if there is one. I was counting on the check yesterday or today at the latest. Oh well, glad I'm not broke, and my other companies are direct deposited and deposited when they say they will. After almost an entire year, only the last 2 checks have not arrived by Tuesday. Even on a postal holiday week, I still received check on Tuesday.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  3:29:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always received mine on Saturday, I never checked the post date either. However, I got a package from SPAR that was mailed on 3/6 Friday and it came yesterday. My rent and car payment are due, hope it shows up tomorrow. Why did they change the mailing date? Anyone know?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  3:58:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember something about, the checks are always mailed by the date that shows in a payment detail, and sometimes before. I like consistency, so due my bill collectors.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  4:04:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought there was something on the message board about 2 weeks ago stating that all checks would be mailed on Friday's from this point on. My DMM told me that it was because time the frame that we receive the checks from the company that prints the checks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums