Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  7:27:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked my message board. My message stated that the checks were mailed Feb 20 per pay calendar. It did not state that all checks would be mailed out on Fridays from now on, but it would not surprise me. I just wish things would continue as they start, not change after a time period. Like I said, it has been about year, 11 1/2 months, and now they change things.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  7:59:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It has been my experience that when a company changes a long established payroll date that one of two things has happened: either they have changed payroll providers (usually for direct deposit providers like ADP) or they are trying to hold on to the money for a little longer. By not mailing until Friday, they know 90% of the checks will not be received until at least 3 days later, and it will then take another 1-2 days before the check clears their corporate account. That's almost a week more that they can have the funds available on their end to use. Not unheard of in this economic climate, especially if the company has lost large contract accounts.

I wonder if they changed the date for their management staff?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  04:05:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not want to mention that idea, but I agree and am somewhat concerned. Spar is not my main money now, but a few months ago, they were. I am attempting to curb my spending and save as much as possible from what I make, just in case.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  5:12:08 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received mine today!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  5:36:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received mine today, I looked, NO postmark. I'm in Indiana. Hope you get your check soon, Sue. I keep asking about Direct Deposit. No DD is definitely a negative mark, in my book.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  02:04:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my check yesterday, no postmark either.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  03:30:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I'm sorry to hear your troubles. I have got lucky and have cut back with Spar, due to too much work with the other 3 companies that I work with. If you would like, email me and I'll tell you who, or you can guess with my comments on different posts.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KenBear00

Hanson, MA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  05:17:24 AM  Send KenBear00 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I feel your pain. Been dealing with the same problems for years. I have so many companies I represent now (8 in total) It is gettng a bit out of hand, but you have to do what you do to make ends meat. Keep the faith though...for all of those lemons you apply for, you are bound to come across a few that will be a geat fit for you.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  2:57:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think Spar did switch payroll companies; they are now with Ceridian. But Ceridian offers direct deposit and it is way past time for Spar to step up and give us that option!

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  5:37:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my check today, I see they are mailed from Pontiac,Mich. now according to the postage permit. Big Sue I always ask about a pay raise when it gets close to my anniversary hire date, otherwise I don't get one. You have to ask/remind your DM so they will do it.
Spar is the only company that I work for except Choice that does not have DD.Maybe we all ought to send into the "questions/concerns/ideas.... "that we want DD, then maybe they might get the hint Course I've been with them 11 years and have asked numerous times about it.My answer always was "not enough people want it,or " over 1/2 of the merchandisers don't have a bank account" or they could go like Premuim did and issue us debit cards,that way our money is there on payday

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JenA

Highland, IN
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:43:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email from someone today asking me to call regarding a possible position open in my area. Is the work steady or is it sporadic? Hows the company to work for otherwise?

Jen
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  12:15:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for, I have regular stores every week and then some that are not every week. Some project work also. I would highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  4:55:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen, your RM would be Gail, she is great. Some of the work is weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or sporadic. It all depends upon the position you take. I had a KMart that was weekly. My WMs are sporadic. The PepBoys is every 4 weeks. I also have some RandMcNally that is sporadic, as needed. When I signed up, I was to have CVS also. So far, in 1 year, only 3 of the 7 CVS had any work. I also have had a couple other locations that were very sporadic.

Each position usually has certain stores, and each store chain has certain assignments within the chain. These can be regular (on-going) or project work.

Spar's pay isn't the highest, but it is regular. Unfortunately they don't offer direct deposit yet. Gail keeps asking her supervisors.

I would recommend them, if you are interested in working in the stores that are open.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  7:11:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody else had a cut in their access pay? I was looking over my pay details this week and noticed that my access has been cut down to almost nothing and after looking back I realized it has been this way since mid-February... anyone else notice this?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  04:50:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My access pay was elimated when I gave up my KM. I was making almost as much in access as I was for the visit. That really made me wonder if I should have given that job up.

I am glad I did, my mind-set is so much better without the pressure I was putting on myself just for that job.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  4:39:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went and checked my access and it had been cut by 3/4 for kmart, and I don't have any access at all for my rite aids or Wm's. I used to get access for all my stores.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  07:26:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you don't remind your DM then you don't get a raise and it has to be near your hire date when you remind them. I didn't get a raise last year because I didn't know I had to remind them and so this year I have a new DM and when I said something I did get a raise but it was only 15 cents and that is about what you get every year. I asked for double that since I didn't get one last year and the reply was ... the budget is too tight for that ...

hmmm... my questions are... first... we are not employees so why are we paid by the hour? second... if i am entitled to a "raise" every year (a) why do i have to be responsible to ask for it and (b) why can't i get what i was entitled to last year as well as what i was entitled to this year?

and... i am emailing my DM about the access pay but I can tell you for sure that if they don't put it back the way it was... they can find a new rep.. it is WRONG for them to cut that pay without any notice!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  09:22:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM called everyone when this happene and informed us that it was a company wide cut. She was sorry. Most of my pay is flat rates, I have regular stores, weekly. I think it depends on the area. Regardless, I still love this company and get most of my income from them.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  11:03:42 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK. What's access pay? I've been with Spar for a while and I've never heard of this before. I don't see anything called access on my paystub. Anyone?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  1:22:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen, access is an extra pay to help out with mileage. Not every job gets it, and now it sounds like even fewer. I only had 1 job that had access, even if the other jobs were farther away. It needed to be a regular ongoing assignment.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums