Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  2:09:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get access fee for some stores that were not regular ongoing visits.
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  04:58:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a job posting in my area of Delaware. Does anyone know who the contact for hiring in Delaware is?

Thanks in advance!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  06:55:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
no, but go ahead and apply, then email me if you wish and I will forward your name to my supervisor, she will get with the correct person to look at your app.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  11:57:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's Monday, and I have received my check today, dated last Friday. Evidently sent out earlier than the last few. I'm surprised, pleasantly so.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  3:57:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine usually comes on Monday but alas did not come today. I do not know what is up with the check mailing system.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  5:10:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was getting them on Wed or thurs, so I'm happy it arrived today.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  6:43:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My check came today also Monday, was getting them on Thurs. or Friday.
Nice to see it in the mailbox today.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  09:08:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no check, anyone else's late?
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth62
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  11:21:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am somewhat new with Spar and so far I really like it. I was wondering if the work it steady? I am not looking for full time, so my question is more can I look forward to weekly work on a continual basis?
Any comments would be highly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  03:39:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, if you have a regular ongoing assignment, yes it is regular. If you are not assigned a ongoing project, you may have some weeks with alot of work, and some weeks with nothing.

I have a different question. Did anyone get a raise this year? I was told at my anniversary date, there was a raise freeze. Anniversary date March 1st.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:04:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I'm sorry that you are having troubles. I don't count on Spar for consistent work. the only ongoing that I have are 2 Sonys, 1 weekly and 1 bi-weekly that I picked up when SMP was replaced. I'm not sorry that I gave up the KM videos, that job drove me nuts.

right now, I am not working as much, on the merchandising side. But I never meant for merchandising to pay all my bills. I do a farmers market during the summer months and merchandise more during the winter months. Plus hubby still has a job. I'm hoping to build the merchandising up to the point that it will supplement Social Security, whatever that might be. I only have less than 9 years, maybe it will still be there for a few pennies.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:06:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, Big Sue do you not realize that Supervisors and Managers read these forums all the time. I can hear your frustration,but some of this stuff is out of the merchandising companies hands. Mosaic picked up the Ralphs account and from what I understand it was a last minute decision. The vendors like to pit the 3rd party merchandising companies against each other and have bidding wars. Hence the lower wages we have all been suffering. The market has totally changed in the last 3 years and its not for the better.

To me it seems that the vendors have done everything they can to bring down the cost of doing business and we all either have to roll with it or get out of the business entirely.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:15:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Gayle, supervisor DO read these forums, I found out personally. and Sue, I can feel your pain. You have expressed how it is/was in your area, and then a few months later, what was happening in your area happened in my area also. I'm a firm believer NOT to depend on any ONE company or ONE person. I've been burnt before.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  4:45:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a raise every year with spar on my anniversary date,I just ask my dm. The way the economy is this year,I don't plan on getting a raise from any of the companies that I work for,that includes the ones that usually give automatic raises.I'm just glad that I have work every week,the way stores and companies have been closing this year.That's my. And bidding wars are the same in any industry not just merchandising. I owned a private security company in the 1980's early 90's, I would put a bid in for a contract and they would say "oh, we're going to give it to you"the next thing another company underbid me by 5 cents, so they go with that company instead.They didn'tcare what kind of guards they were getting,just that they were saving 5cents.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  5:24:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ain't that right, I know my husband is in the construction field, and he will bid a job and get under-cut by someone that is just getting started. The other guy will get the job, then the homeowner will contact my hubby to correct the other guys work. The saying "you get what you pay for" is SO true.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  6:30:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a shame that we need to censure ourselves.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  04:21:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
we can always email each other. sort of defeats the purpose of a forum, but it keeps us working without fear of loosing our jobs.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:27:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

It is a shame that we need to censure ourselves.

Yes, you would think that your fellow merchandisers would be more understanding. Apparently, not so much. Guess I'll mostly go back to "read" mode from now on.

I think you misunderstood me totally. I was just trying to warn you that there is a lot of people that read these forumns. I personally do not understand why you would be complaining about someone that you want to give you more work. It seemed counter productive.

The point I was trying to make is that times are difficult and it has hit everyone. This business is not what it used to be. So we just have to be patient and ride the wave with the best possible attitude.
Being negative just does not help.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  1:21:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, I have had one of my former supervisor actually tell that "she has seen my posts". So, now I really watch what I say.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  3:18:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know what kind of merchandising Spar does for drug stores? There are openings in my area and am kind of curious before I apply.

Thanks in advance!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums