Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  3:32:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow!! 11 yrs now,thats great! I have to go in for the last time this week i noticed on my job assignment. I will really nice working for my DM,she's very nice to work for and great to deal with.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  4:03:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just went in for the last time to do the Movie Cube and found a nice brand new Red Box movie cube in it's place. They asked me if i was doing the red box and i said not that i'm aware of yet. Does anyone know who does the red box movie cubes? I tried pulling up anything on here and nothing came up in the search engine.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  4:13:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Red Box is done by their own merchandisers, I believe the company is Coinstar, or something like that. They also have the coin counting machines. There is a thread regarding them. Use the search option, with Red Box in the search field.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  5:59:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're right it is coinstar. I just applied,but not sure. I think they have someone else for my area,including the Walmart across the street which also has a coin star money machine and a red box movie cube.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  04:22:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Personally, I had a machine that required on call, like what I've heard that is the same with coinstar, and I don't want that anymore. I worked it for year. My work with Spar is not alot, but it is simple and I don't have to be 'day specific'. I don't mind a 2-day window, but I really don't like the blitzes that MUST be done. In my experience, alot of the blitzes are on days that I have other stores to do, or the weather is not great.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  9:26:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marla,i think you're right. I read the fine print and yep blitzes on certain days.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  8:18:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, agreed, Redbox has it's own CS crew as far as I know. Don't be sad...my Movie Cubes are all gone now too. Curiously, are we still doing Rand? Has anyone seen a decline in Rand jobs? I've had none for a long time and wondering if it is just my area.....

Jess
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  8:34:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Jess,nice to hear from you! I think the Rand maps might be a spring and summer thing when people travel alot. I haven't had one in months.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  10:38:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Certified Marketing has taken over some of the Rand McNally assignments.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  02:32:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Convergence also has a few of the Rand McNally. My DM told we were underbid. It was low enough for as picky as this client was anyhow, geez!
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  10:48:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh...hard not to lose a client when we are underbid! Well, that's sad. Thanks for filling me in though, was really wondering about the Rand jobs. They must be paying like $8 dollars a job now to do those if it is through Certified. Convergence never had Rand jobs come along in my area, just American Map. But they did say they had some Rand from time to time. Maybe Rand just hops around alot LOL. Hi Kelly, I'm still around and hope SPAR has something in your area really soon. Sometimes they lose clients through no fault on their part, or the reps part, and then sometimes they get new jobs for us also. I know they try really hard to get work for us, like when we lost CC. Such is our careers in merch, which I wouldn't trade for anything LOL.

Jess
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  2:26:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rand is a seasonally assignment, my DM said that would last til Aug/Sept. I do Rand for Certified, Convergence and Spar. Sometimes the same store. The only one that I am doing right now is a store on the interstate that NEVER has returns, they have trouble keeping ENOUGH stock.

Convergence has also taken over some of the American Map projects, I do them also.

The Certified jobs are the least paying assignments, Spar next and then Convergence being the best pay for these assignments.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  7:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Jess,I haven't had anything work wise in a while on spar. Maybe with the holidays coming up they'll have something.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  02:34:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rand is not seasonal, it is regular service on map displays. I have done these for over a year quarterly on most and bi-weekly on the truck stops. Regardless we lost them because Certified underbid us. I have plenty of work right now with Spar although not like it used to be. I use them to fill in.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  04:45:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm still doing Rand for Convergence, and I did one for Spar a couple of months ago. I should have said 'some stores are seasonal for Rand' others, like my on the interstate will have regular visits, last visit was first part of Sept, next visit is this week. They are a busy convenience store just off the main exit of the interstate heading towards Purdue University. They get alot of map buyers just trying to get from the interstate to the University. Good luck to the drivers, we have construction ALL over the place.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  1:38:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought it was funny that I was servicing this location along with a rep from Spar (I was with Convergence). We were in the store within 2 weeks of each other. My DM told me a few months ago, that I would be getting all of the Rand visits in my area. I guess I won't have to worry about them, at least for Spar.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  3:53:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, if you could shoot me an email ( the little button on my posts) I'd love to talk to you! Please drop me a line!

Jess
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  8:54:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just checkad again on Spar so far nothing assigned in the last 2 weeks. Jess i dropped you a line. Thanks

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  4:11:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only things that I have from Spar are the 2 Sony jobs plus some work @ Meijer. I haven't seen a PepBoy visit for a couple of months now, when it used to be monthly work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  02:41:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My page is loaded, must be the area?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums