Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  3:00:51 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot remark about what I do not know in your area.

I do know that SPAR's advertising on NARMS for spots in my market has been honest and for a valid need at the time of the advertising.
I answered a NARMS posting for a nearby town despite having an app on file. My NARMS response was what got me in the door.
I filled in one job until a closer person could be found very recently. I still have the town that got me in the door plus other work.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  05:27:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, I agree with Jeff, my Spar DM doesn't hired extra unless she thinks she has a rep that isn't working out, or might quit. Once you build her confidence, and there is work, then there is no problem.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  09:03:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll keep mine, she's great. Sorry that yours isn't as great.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
181 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  7:44:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll certainly grant that a DM- good one versus a bad one- can make all the difference in the world.

SPAR listed a position for a rep that had experience servicing independent pharmacies in this area. They listed this position pretty much every week from the end of January through the middle of March. It just so happens that I have exactly that specific experience and I responded each and every time the position was posted and received only one reply- a DM advised me to check her Facebook page for open positions. I'll admit to not being a part of the Facebook Generation (maybe I should be), but I would think that my response to a specific job opening rather than just a random application for a position that might or might not be open would not have gotten that response from a DM. It just struck me as a very odd response.

On top of that, experience has taught me that merely being in a company's database rarely results in being called even if there is a job you'd be perfect for available. You need to apply for that perfect job within as short a time of it being posted as is humanly possible in order to have much of a chance of being noticed by HR. With some companies that might not be the case but I suspect in many that it is.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  8:31:00 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree the description of events as you describe them strikes me odd given the nickname of Facebook aka the Virus Giver. Anybody that insists on that will have to keep looking as far as I'm concerned. I know of a respected MS/merchandiser person whose drive was wiped because she went on Facebook as instructed.
RobertH posted:
quote:
On top of that, experience has taught me that merely being in a company's database rarely results in being called even if there is a job you'd be perfect for available. You need to apply for that perfect job within as short a time of it being posted as is humanly possible in order to have much of a chance of being noticed by HR.
I agree my experience with SPAR was similar. Only it was the DM ... not HR.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  04:26:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not on Facebook either, and really don't want or care to join it. If my DM was referring me to her facebook, I don't think I would want to work that way. I don't do the Pharmacy calls.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  1:19:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM is great. They must be out auditing. I do Sony Videos as well and I received a phone call on Thursday thanking me for doing a great job. She had gone to a couple of my stores and said they were in !great order.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  9:08:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle on your sony visits,what exactly do you do? I used to work for Spar and loved my DM. They didn't have enough work for me so 3 months ago i went to work fulltime for Advantage. Come to find out my DM for Spar never took me out of the system and has begged me repeatedly the last 2 months to do the sony job once every month or so but hasn't given me any real info on what i will be doing. Thanks for any info you could provide-like is pay it by the job,hour,what's involved etc.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  06:02:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

Gayle on your sony visits,what exactly do you do? I used to work for Spar and loved my DM. They didn't have enough work for me so 3 months ago i went to work fulltime for Advantage. Come to find out my DM for Spar never took me out of the system and has begged me repeatedly the last 2 months to do the sony job once every month or so but hasn't given me any real info on what i will be doing. Thanks for any info you could provide-like is pay it by the job,hour,what's involved etc.

I do Sony for a couple of different retailers. Its basically planogram maintenence, reporting off Out of Stocks and a reset every couple of months or so. Very easy merchandising. Pays and hourly wage for the full time you work on the fixtures.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  06:10:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I originally posted this question in Stratmar by mistake. Does anyone know how the pay period runs for this company? I did a pharmacy job for them in Feb and have not been paid. Also. does anyone have contact info? Thanks

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  07:28:55 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, it could be a nice filler for you depending on your schedule and the location the DM wants you to go to. The resets (about every 8 weeks or so) are up to 3 hours with reporting time. The job only pays in store "Time in/Time out". Some stores could only be 20-30 minutes when not resetting the display. Get a clear understanding what the minimum pay per visit will be.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  07:40:41 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon Lynne - If your reporting was filed on time, you should have been paid April 2nd or prior. Assuming you can sign in, your pay stub and pay calendar are on the menu after you sign in; just look down the menu. Checks are delivered by snail mail. I received mine the following Monday or Tuesday.
The paycheck for 04/16 arrived Monday 04/19

Call your DM or the SAL line (800-438-2566) for more assistance.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  08:17:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it..........Sharon

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  09:05:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on the Sony job guys,i appreciate it!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  5:57:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon Lynne,pay for Feb was cutoff 2/5 check mailed 2/19.
cutoff 2/19 check mailed 3/5.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  4:27:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing some BBXpress boxes and get 2 new machines in the near future. I thought I heard somewhere how long the first visit took, but I can't find that information. Anyone doing these and have you done a new machine setup?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  5:31:13 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Plan on a few hours. IF there is a SNAFU double that. Make sure you have the keys to the dump bin, tech support telephone number, you DM's phone number and the SAL line phone number (SPAR help desk) in your cell phone. Make sure it is charged up or there is a pay phone next to your machine. These machines work on cell phone reception quality. They are not hardwired phone lines.
I was supposed to do one when I started with them, but it was already done when I arrived. I have talked to someone who did a couple. You have to load them one by one like a customer returning them.
Once you get them in, the weekly task is about 30 minutes for up to 20 DVDs. On that basis, plan on 3 to 4 hours for the machine setup. That is just a guess since I have not actually done the setup.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  09:25:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, The first time you load this is with a bump order this could be a box of additional DVD's of 20-40. This step takes about an hour from beginning to end. This job is super easy and honestly takes 20 minutes every week per store for me to do. This includes loading the movies and wiping down the kiosk while they are being loaded. Its one of the easiest jobs I have ever had. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  1:29:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing 3 machines for the past few weeks. You're right very easy. Now I will be getting new machines for new locations, that's the reason I asked about how long the new machines took to load the first time. Also, how often do we return movies? They haven't sent me a dump bin key yet, so I wouldn't be able to open the machine even if I needed to.

Thanks for your information, I won't worry too much. It's just that this coming week, when 2 new machines should be activated, is also a week with an extra 20 hours of work on top of everything normally scheduled.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  1:49:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've yet to do a major pull. I've been doing this for about 3-4 months. I have one scheduled under the new pay plan next week.
I routinely do 4 machines each week. That is about 50 miles round trip.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums