Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  3:23:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pulls come down the road. These kiosk are shipped pretty light, so they plenty of room and pulls are not necesary.
Jeff-what new pay plan?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  3:50:34 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They cut the pay for the weekly visits a few weeks ago. Pulls are now a separate assigned task at additional pay. Most of these pulls are DVDs customers have reported as not working correctly. Customer Service flags them in the computer not to rent. When they get so many, they schedule a pull. The trick is to do the pulls before the regular assignment that week.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  05:26:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In your opinion, what would be the max number of machines that a merchandiser could service adequately? If all of my Speedway/SuperAmerica station get machines, I'll have 10 within just my town without driving outside the city limits. I think I'll be fine, just not sure how many others might be servicing.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  06:28:13 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope you have indoor machines. Weather could be a factor to consider for the outside kiosks. Winter is not considered in my answer.
At 30 minutes per kiosk, 10 units would be 5 hours plus drive time plus report time. The form (signature required) averages 12-15 questions with almost no commentary. A couple of questions may be less than 30 characters of typing. Depending on the FEDEX box, you should have two to three days each week to get it done. A couple of weeks ago, the FEDEX box was delivered on FRIDAY as late as 5:00 PM in some places. That can screw up your route royally.
I suggest you obtain the FEDEX desktop software which is free from the FEDEX web site. IF you get tracking information in your links, you can copy and paste the tracking number into the desktop software. When you are online, the software will notifiy you when each delivery is made. You can nickname each delivery by location.
You can report on your cell phone while loading or at home. Reports need to be done by midnight EASTERN time EACH day.
I have done as many as 13 machines in a week. That was over 100 miles of driving at city speeds.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  4:45:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like all of mine will be outside machines, I had forgot about winter (wishful thinking???). I had a dream that I was handed 57 machines, maybe it was a nightmare. I believe I can do the 10 machines in my town without many problems, it's just when they start adding out-of-town machines that might be trouble. I will be deciding an exact route to do these machines. The week that the Fedex box was late wasn't very nice, but I got it done. I'm hoping that that won't be a regular occurance.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  8:53:18 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla ... My scheduled pull of about 80 DVDs was two hours.
I'd be very surprised if the loading went that well.

UPDATE 06/28/2010 : I just loaded 78 DVDs which took between 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours.
I had 3 rejects that just would not load into the machine. They kept falling into the dump bin. I'm glad that I have a dump bin key. Some sounds would make me believe more fell than really did.

Personally, Id put pressure on SPAR via the SAL line (help) and/or your DM to get with the program and get you a disk and dump bin key ASAP. I cannot imagine an install without some DVDs going in the dump bin and needing to try a second time to get those in. Every report I have heard of supports that view.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  9:00:15 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
More fun ... My teammate resigned. Now I get to do some of her stuff until a replacement is found. It turns out her major account will be picked up by a part timer with good experience in that chain.
Unfortuate for me, the part timer only wants that chain and not the smaller stuff nearby. I'm going to pray the part timer keeps that chain on her account for a longggg time. She may have it with my blessing.
More fun ... Another teammate is taking a week off . I will have 11 to 13 Blue Boxes next week plus some tear drop assignments not worth turning a key for. TG I can put them on the same route as the Blue Boxes.
The schedule is out for next week. I have 7 SONY service visits for MF plus 4 for SPAR.
After discussions with my DM, my part of Metro Omaha is expanding. Like everything else in life, that has pluses and minuses.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  04:37:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, my town had 3 reps (I was the 2nd in seniority), over the last 3 months both of the other reps quit. Lucky for me, they did hire 1 to replace 1 of them. I've picked up the other one's work, plus newer jobs. I know that if I get over=whelmed, they will hire another person to help me. I also has 2 family members that are hired to assist me, and another one willing to sign up. All of us have worked together.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BetsyA
Apprentice

Dayton, OH
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  10:34:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41
I guess the payroll department is a closely guarded secret. Never fear, if I do not receive it in the next payroll round, I will contact someone. Perhaps the BBB? Whenever I have contacted the help desk I have always gotten voicemail, some "help"!

Jenny, did you ever get your pay? I quit in April, for the same reason, the lousy pay that did not even cover gas. Not to mention printing mountains of paperwork and not being reimbursed as promised.

They still owe me money. I have reported them to the Labor Council. I am tired of their threatening emails and phone calls. All of their lousy equipment has been returned. I wish I had known how terrible SPAR was before I took the job three years ago. Nothing but a headache.

BetsyA
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  6:17:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have been away from 3rd party merchandising for most of the last 4 years, but my full time merch job just laid us all off (Borders) and am thinking of going back to Spar, They seem to have a lot of open stores in my area (eight different towns were listed) for general merchandisising and 3 towns listed for the Phamacy program. Started my first merch job with them in 1992 when they were still Marketing Force. Does any one have anything positive to say about them? Before I fill out an app for rehire? I left them when they had lost floorgrafics to National in store, and the Dollar general greeting cards, so there was not much left for me in this area.
Any honest feedback would really be appreciated, as I have read the thread and it sounds like we either love em or hate em.
Roberta

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  8:05:23 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suggest you talk to both areas and see what each section has to offer. I work the general merchandising side. Some projects only pay a few bucks. I can depend on a certain amount of work weekly. I can predict which weeks are better than others many weeks. Talk to each side ... get an understanding about a minimum amount $$$ per assignment. (Scroll back a few months in this thread.) Some weeks are better than others, but I get along with my DMM well. I mix SPAR and a couple of other companies to fill my week.

Someone out west of me signed on to the McKesson (pharmacy) side. She likes it so well, she drove some 400+ miles each way for a 3 day "finishing up" location assigment recently. She was paid enough per mile that she would do it again.
She is not full time with SPAR. She fills some of her week with other companies also. She likes the work and the team she works with.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  03:35:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar is my main company at this time. No they don't pay as much as some companies, but they getting more work. Almost too much for me at times, especially to do much work for any other companies.

I have NEVER had a problem with my pay, only 1 delay in over 2 years and that was just a few days. My DM is wonderful and really thinks of her reps.

I'm very glad that I hired on with Spar.

Only down side items, for me, are no direct deposit and they could pay alittle more. Some people may complain about printing so much, but Spar does reimburse our printing at a per page amount. Some other companies don't, or just a certain amount per quarter.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  6:39:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with spar for 10 years, never have had a problem with pay.
I've had 3 really good dm's,they retired,the last 2 are so-so. Work in my area has picked up with them more work some weeks then others. I've no complaints except I wish they had direct deposit, and paid more,but they do at least pay more then driveline does.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  10:45:56 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need a teammate in Omaha. Weekly projects in Florence area to West Maple Road to Elkhorn. Occassional projects in between these areas.
It can pay someone who lives northwest, but I live in Bellevue. I have more locations than I want to do.

Please drop me a note and I can fill you in.

I'd put this in jobs, but I do not have a scheduler log in.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  12:55:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody in Indiana get the email from Gail with the inventory dates for Kmart Dvd's? I must have deleted it. I know it was sometime in August.
Thanks,

Terri
Central Indiana

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  1:48:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't find the email about the FPI either, I think it's the first part of August. Have you reached out to Joni? My HH is still not working, but this week and last were so busy that I haven't been able to work with SAL again, after trying for 2 hours (wait time plus) last week working on it. I hope to work on it somemore this next week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  7:35:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was around the first part of August for the KM inventory for dvds.I don't remember the exact date.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  7:37:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody asked for a pay raise this year? My anniversary comes up in August, I figure if they can afford to buyout 2 merchandising companies so far this year,then they can afford to give a pay raise.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  9:03:22 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you scroll back in this thread, folks with three years are still at the same rate they started. I agree, SPAR is not middle range, but neither is another outfit that keeps me busy.
SPAR is getting some business that the other outfit had. By those standards, those jobs are getting raises if done by the same people - just now for SPAR.

In this industry ... raises are not normal for us in the field unless we find the greener pastures ourselves.
I find they do exist. The problem is the greener pastures in many cases do not provide steady work ... just better work /conditions / pay occasionally.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  07:32:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just requested mine last week and was told they are frozen.

Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums