Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  12:17:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to the paperwork, we are to receive our RGA number from our DMM. I haven't received it yet either. I also don't see the link showing that the boxes are delivered yet.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  3:33:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well with my DMM, I'll never get it, as she never bothers to send out emails, so hopefully they will post the link to the tracking # on the schedle page, or else just tell my 605 clerks to call me when they get the boxes.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  5:34:31 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just to help out the wrong way, my DMM dropped an additional KM in my lap. AFTER I told her I would do what I can, then I learn about the resets this week. They didn't show up on my board until Saturday. Of course, the time allowance is about 1/3 of what is necessary to do the job correctly. There is a directive from national not to grant any extra pay. I'll just have to do what I can and forget the rest.

I was hoping to get Cemtura done this week, but I have no hope of that now.

Making life interesting is the fact that I took on two new unrelated MC clients with a day's worth of work this week and one of my PERN contracts moved their job back a day.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  6:45:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At KM it's not a reset, it is a "refresh''. Basically all you have to do is make sure that the NR,inline sections,etc. are set to current pog. As I was told by my area supervisor, we are just making sure the stores are doing the jobs that we used to do. That is why the time is so little.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  07:05:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The time allowed for my store is very adequate for a refresh. We only need to do the areas for are mentioned. My store has a good manager now, and most will be done and I'll need to spend the time dusting and auditing.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  06:46:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What are Blue Boxes?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  2:52:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The NCR machine new releases come in Blue Boxes, actually I think they're almost purple.

My DMM sent out the email with the RGA numbers for Chemtura at KM, if someone needs them. I think they're for everyone. Email me if you need it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  2:59:34 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Depends on who is talking. I call the rental machines "blue boxes".
Marla is also correct that the DVDs arrive in a blue box.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  04:03:52 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't you know it? SPAR gave me a very heavy schedule for this next week and then added three NCR/BB pulls which average 1.5 to 2 hours each. Two of them are outdoors. I wrote my DMM these go to the bottom of the barrel. They can stay there until warmer weather.
I now have 14 boxes a week to fill. The weekly deadline has been shorted by a full day. This week's workload kills any chance of getting the boxes loaded Tuesday as I have been doing recently.

It snowed last night. Something is giving me a clue old man winter is coming.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  05:02:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I have 17 BBX (all outside), if you do not want them, please let your DM know to re-assign them. We have a deadline set by the client and NCR is a very big client, I would hate to see us lose the contract because we can't meet their dealine. Outside work is not for everyone, good luck!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  05:59:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Finally some more work, could it be the holiday season?

Jeff, all of my BB boxes are outside, and the 2 pulls that I had to do were in rain storms. I'd rather it be snowing, at least I could've put a coat and gloves on. My changeouts only took alittle over an hr each, but I was new.

Last week, I had fun, since all of my work needed to be done on Tues or Wed, absolutely by Thurs. I came down with a stomache flu that really FLOORED me on Monday afternoon. I struggled thru 2 Sony C/Os (til my HH died in the middle of one). I started doing the BB machines because at least I could sit down (and drive) between the machines. I came home and contacted my DMM and gave her a heads up that I might not be able to complete my schedule all on Wednesday, but would try. Wednesday schedule was an additional 8-10 hrs. She understood, and she knew what was up. Lucky for me, my husband came along on Wednesday, to make sure I was up to driving, and I got everything done. Just in time also, he came down with it before we got home.

My DMM will be replacing people that have too much work that they can't (or won't) get their jobs done within the time frame. We, as reps, don't want to lose clients. If we lose clients, we lose work. To me, it's simple, take on enough regular work to have 1 day per week that you can have for the 'extra' work that comes in during this time of year. Yes, I would like to have more work, but I know that there are times that work gets heavy and other times that work is light. I just need to balance my bills out to work with it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  07:48:34 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed my DMM before posting here.

The third scheduled pull was done a week early on a goback task 8 per email instruction from a project manager. Despite that, they scheduled a pull for that indoor machine this upcoming week. It was not offically on the schedule last week. That machine pull was 2.5 hours due to the added movies in the bag at the counter. I agree my one outdoor pull completed previously was about an hour. Too long in the cold for me. This task is not worth frostbite.

As many of you know, they moved the NCR/BB loads up a day. Friday deadlines were moved up to Thursday recently. Friday was my flex day to allow for weather, colds, Tending to Mom's needs or Murphy. SPAR does not have much of anything deadlined on Friday.
Pulls are supposed to be done PRIOR to that weeks New Release inserts. These pull have a two day window. I am NOT scheduled to do them on Tuesday, but they must be done by Thursday.

To make matters worse, HQ has a stat they keep and grade the DMMs and us on. That stat is the percentage of work done on the first and separately second day the work may be done. Work done on deadline day gets no points. Tardy work gets a double negative rating on both the DMM and the rep. For that reason, we are under pressure to get it all done prior to deadline day.

This week upcoming, that is not possible. the outdoor pulls take the same amount of time as a couple of my other assingments. I choose to take my dings on the outdoor machines rather than my other regular or holiday work. I have emailed my DMM so. I still plan on doing the weekly load at those locations.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  11:43:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, Perhaps your DM can get someone else to cover your pulls. I love this client and understand the outside concern, but we are taking some of these from another company who could not cover them, would hate for the same to happen to us.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  11:51:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, Jenny is right let your DMM know. Sounds like you are overloaded. Its not you taking the hit, it is your DMM, and the company that takes it. Then its the reps who take the biggest hit because if we lose and account, its our bills that are not getting paid. As the saying goes, stuff rolls down hill.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  4:50:02 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI: IF you forget to call FEDEX to pick up your PRP returns, you can set them up online; then you know the information was not messed up in the telephone conversation.
https://www.fedex.com/grd/rpp/ShowRPP.do

The above information is NOT limited to SPAR as the site is a FEDEX site. It IS limited to PRP pickups.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  4:53:53 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have the software reset this week, I encourage you to print the COLOR version in Viewable Files ... Not the Mandatory Print version which is a poor black and white copy.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  05:27:04 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everybody can sit with the hot chocolate now. My pulls are done. I got lucky in one way. The number of DVDs pulled per machine was less than 1/2 of what my previous pulls have been. Time on each of the three locations was an hour or less including the weekly feed.
My one brrrrr bear was the other ourside machine with just a weekly feed. 40+ DVDs to feed.
Now IF they can just live up to their message board, I may be content on that score. Over half my locations have no FEDEX in the links and no message indicating no FEDEX shipped.

I don't know when, but many of the assignments that I thought were due by Thursday are now not due until Friday. I'm going to need all that time due to the softwear resets time involved.

The weather person keeps using that undesireable 4 letter word: snow.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  05:51:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, my DMM wants all of our work done 1 day earlier than what is posted. Using Friday, ONLY as a clean up emergency day. I purposely don't take any more regular work than I can get done in 2-3 max (if every store is due), that gives me 1 extra day to do the extra work that does come up.

I'm glad you had easier pulls this time, but you don't need to send that 4-letter word my way, ok.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  06:28:47 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Again, I never schedule anything Friday most weeks. By the standard you posted, the vast majority of my work should be done by Wednesday. Most of it could not be started until Tuesday this week. This week, Thursday is not realistic due to the jobs in my board. Hopefully, it will be an exceptional week.
IF the software resets were as easy as posted in the instructions, I'd be less concerned. I still have 3 to go.
I have two Kmarts now. I'm scheduled a half day each with several different tasks in each store. A repeating task has had an hour added to the normal time budget per store.
I have about a half dozen tasks with the razor/tooth care combo. The discounter portion is not a big deal, but the department store portion is a time eater.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  10:25:11 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
NEW screens went into effect today on the blue rental boxes.
Loading, Unload and Unload Damaged went smooth.
15 titles per rental screen.

Initially, I give it a thumbs up.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums