Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  11:08:43 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

Jeff, my DMM wants all of our work done 1 day earlier than what is posted. Using Friday, ONLY as a clean up emergency day. I purposely don't take any more regular work than I can get done in 2-3 max (if every store is due), that gives me 1 extra day to do the extra work that does come up.
It's not a matter of what I sign up for. SPAR assigns work without asking if I have the time or ability to get it done. It's the extra work assigned by SPAR without asking that has me concerned about meeting deadlines THIS WEEK.
To be fair Baker & Taylor also has impacted my Tuesday in much the same way. (only Tuesday).
Both of them now expect me in store Fridays for the balance of the year. Depending on resets, it may be doable.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  1:40:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm so lucky with my DMM, she always asks if I can add any other additional stores before she adds them.

One of my BBX boxes decided to 'mis-behave' today, first time for this machine. I called it in, as a customer, machine being down. The rep on the other end told me that this machine was showing transactions for the 20th and 23rd, but it's only the 17th. It was seeing into the future, I wonder where it got the crystal ball???

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  03:27:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, We do not have to call these in anymore, just do an RTS. However, that is funny!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  05:16:21 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I now have a big problem and would apprecite the group's insight.
See the SPAR message board regarding the software reset.
I agree the time budget was never realistic.
The client is holding SPAR's feet to the fire.
I do other tasks on a regular basis in the same locations where I have been assigned the software resets. I have a business relationship to keep. IF we do as instructed, the store will be stuck with a disaster on that fixture at a time when they are very involved getting ready for next week's Friday.

HOW do I abandon the task when the allocated time is up in the early stages as instructed and keep the good will of the store?

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  06:25:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Personally, I don't leave til the job is done. I enter my time for what it is. If I don't get paid for the complete job, I chalk it up to keeping my relationships with my stores. Most all of my stores are very good stores that I don't want to lose. On the software resets, my store always takes the 'old' software to the back until they can find a spot to place them, so I don't have the create the bin and place it. I went over on my by 5 minutes, well worth keeping the store happy. I happen to be in this store for multiple companies.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  07:12:13 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla - that is exactly the situation I am in.

My first of four stores ran over by hours - not minutes as they were not keep up the fixture nor product. It was a mell of a hess. It made a bad SONY reset look attractive.

Update: My second of four stores was in much better shape. I stayed over the hour by maybe 20 minutes. The store management was very understanding and agreed to finish the task after I got so far. I surprised myself and got way past the agreed point. Now I feel better about it.
Second update: The other two locations were more like the second. I was able to get most of it done and left manageable situations.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  08:39:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I was closer, I'd help out, but I don't think I can do for you. You have my mental support, if that helps.

My DMM just forwarded a message that basically states, if you can't get it done AND reported on time, you may be fired. I see several reps in my area repeatly late report or wait til the last day. I gave up work so that I didn't have that stress. I'm gray enough without any extra stress.

I still enjoy working with Spar, at least 95% of the time. There will always be some of 'those' times. Spar is my main company due to the regular work, would I like more regular work? Some yes, alot no.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  3:13:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished by BBX/Ncr jobs with the new software update, the update speeded my loading 2x. Much much faster and no troubles today.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  6:16:58 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that I like the new software so far, but the outdoor units that I have did not speed up noticeably. The indoor units did to a certain degree in some cases ... not all.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  04:38:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm happy that my machines have speeded up since all of mine are outside and the temperatures are dropping effective today.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  2:08:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine also sped up, however, since you can now purchase dvd's from the kiosk's, I am guessing that our loads may increase.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  2:25:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen any of my machines offering purchasing of the dvds yet. Just wait, I heard that the machines might even offer games. I may regret saying this, but, I'm ready for a few more machines. I've been asked if there are any more coming to my area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  3:29:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What exactly are these machines that you guys are servicing?

Ann
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  3:32:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We service the BlockBuster Express machines. They are like RedBox, but are a division of NCR (National Cash Register). They are popping up in several areas.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ian S

Naperville, IL
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  8:33:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see the red box machine all around my town but today saw the first blue box (then I figured out who owed the blue ones!!). Most the red ones appear to be outside in this area (and winter is here in Chicagoland) but the blue one was inside a grocery store. The mall the grocery store is in also has a blue box DVD store right across the lot. Wonder if that is win-win for them?

So question: when you say service the red/blue box guessing that means stocking the machines with DVD and whatever else they will soon be renting from them? Does the merchandise get shipped to you or the location (store) of the boxes?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  9:28:21 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It varies. All my product is shipped directly to the store where the rental box is. I load the product and wipe down the machine including cleaning the screens.
SOME chains have the product shipped to a drop point which the SPAR rep goes to fetch and then transport to the assigned store(s).
Product is NEVER shipped to the rep's home.
There will be times the machine must be emptied of some DVDs. The SPAR rep handles that task as well.
When a customer has a problem with the machine, the customer can leave the DVD at the store. The store gives those DVDs to the SPAR rep when the rep comes each week. The rep has a way to handle those situations.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  9:56:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I serviced my bluebox today and froze to death it is outside. Temp was 10 and wind blowing, that thing was as slow as could be.Plus I had 35 returns from the bag to load,didn't think I was ever going to get done.Still haven't warmed up from it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2010 :  10:28:50 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whereabouts are u?

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  06:06:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you have touch screen gloves? The redbox guy was telling me that you could get them at WM, but I found a pair that I bought at the farm store (RK). They have plastic/rubber coated fingers and palms, I'm hoping that they will be warm enough. You can also get insulated ones, but I haven't checked to see if they'll work.
Springtime, please come back!!!!
I haven't had much cold yet, but I know it's coming.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  1:13:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For curiousity sake, how many BBX boxes do you service? and how many do you think you could, if you wanted to?

I have 7, and could service more, just not sure how many more.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums