Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  4:23:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I have 16 currently. When I serviced DVD play (the red ones in Kroger's) I had 33, no problem. By the way I am wearing regular gloves and they work fine on the touch screens.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  6:57:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I'm in Idaho.We had blizzard conditions warnings for Tues.
Marla: I wore 3 pairs of "warmers" gloves.Also had on a very heavy coat,thermals,watchmans cap & earmuffs.
So far in my area, there is only 1 machine.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2010 :  7:02:13 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 14 including 3 outdoors. It takes the bettter part of the afternoon and evening to get them done and reported.(before the software update) The route is about 60-70 miles (home-run route-back home).
When I first started it was more time and miles for fewer machines. (The pay was better too).

Would I take more? Probably, but it depends on location..location..location
... and my other assignments.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  05:51:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just took back one company that I had given up earlier this summer. they have added more work, so with my luck, I will get several more machines. I try to do all of my work on Mon, Tues, or Wed. The other company has a 2-week window, so I should be able to take on more, maybe another 10 within my town.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  3:25:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness the screens on the BBX machines have speeded up, the last machine today sets near a time/temp billboard and it said 32 and the wind was blowing. I'm thinking that I don't care what I'm wearing for the winter, I will wear something warmer than my regular merchandising clothes. Maybe several layers of LongJohns. Winter is just getting here.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  02:05:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do all of mine in one day and have always dressed for the outdoors, as only one of mine is inside. I try to park my truck in front of the machines, to prevent getting run over and to act as kind of a wind break. Dressing warm is definitely a must and I do not think anyone will say anything about the fact that you are dressed for the weather.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  05:54:06 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pass the warmth (jk). We had a dusting of snow Tuesday AM. I had a load in the 20s with a stiff breeze.
I went home and layered up. I did a pull and load in the wee hours of this morning. 48 of 50 pull completed in 30 minutes. It's now colder than it was then. I have one more outdoor pull and load today.
I have 4 pulls this week including another one outside. 1 down.
I have 4 of 14 loads left to do as of Wed AM. I have yet to see that 3rd box.

I spent 4 hours in a couple of Kmarts for SPAR.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  05:59:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Evidently my machines are new enough that I haven't had to do but 2 pulls. I've been expecting one at any time, tho. I park my vehicle as close as possible, but all the parking is either straight in or angled parking. All machines have parking spaces directly in front of them.
We got snow last night. I'm sure glad I got the machines done yesterday.

None of my machines had 3 boxes, some not even 2 boxes and others Fedex was just getting there with the 2nd box. I guess I'll do the 3rd box next week, since we are to LOOK for the 2nd and 3rd box but not wait for them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  8:34:08 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ya gotta love this one. UPS got the package to Omaha (town where blue box is located), then left it on the truck when it left. Package will be back Monday afternoon. Most likely about 6:00 PM.
New memo says gobacks must be done by Sunday afternoon now.

Where is the Enterprise when I need it?

Did I mention that I already have a full Monday booked with SPAR due to the pacing guidelines?

Update: The box arrived Monday morning. All times below are Central Time.
SPAR notified my DM about 12:45 to 1:00 by email.
DM notified me about 2:00 PM
Call forum would not print. That is the second go back to have that problem in a 8 day period.
I rerouted and had it done by 5:30 PM.
I called DM and had her enter it so she would not call me about it later.

Full day -- I got home about 11 PM which is our reporting deadline in this time zone.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  04:41:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that situation is a different ball of wax. I'm surprised that is going to take that long since it was their mistake.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  2:32:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My manager wants our blueboxs done no later then Wednesday now. I do mine on Thursdays as I have a another store 2 miles away that is a Tuesday & Thursday only job. UPS doesn't deliver the box until ater 4PM in the afternoon on Tuesdays. I told my manager I wasn't going to make a special trip(25 miles round trip from my home) just to service it on Weds. when I go right by the store on Thursdays going to the other job. So she told me to try and do it on Tuesdays then.I'm in that area in the morning not late afternoon as I told her, but I don't think she listened to a word I said as she stated "well try and do it on Tuesday anyway."

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  5:06:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, this last week, UPS delivered my boxes on Monday. Fedex was the one that was running later. If you're in the area, or if you can call your store, check, the box might be there earlier than you expect. I wish the links were added to our board faster.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  5:29:16 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you get the UPS tracking number, you can have UPS send you a message when the item is delivered. I use it for the locations that vary on delivery times by several hours. On of my locations may be anywhere from noon to 7:00 PM depending on the routing the driver chooses. The funny thing was one time when I was there, the driver delivered it on his lunch stop. I had the box in hand when the alert came across my cell phone.

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  04:08:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a go back yesterday and noticed that my UPS Bluebox for BBX was already there before noon. Stupid machine stated that I didn't load 4 dvds last week, so I went back just to check the dump bin AGAIN. Nothing there, don't know why it did it. Maybe ghosts? Anyone else have this type of problems?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2010 :  05:44:32 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
See this morning's Message Board.

To answer the question you asked:
Not for a partial load. I had an occasion when half the shipment would not load. I simply reported the number loaded. Never heard a peep.
I had a full load not loaded due to machine out of service back when we called SST. I got a call on the weekend despite proper paperwork being filed. Nothing but a go back when they figured out it was repaired happened then.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  02:55:49 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your assignment boards carefully. Some deadlines have been tightened officially ... not just DM pressure.

ALL my NCR/BB have been moved up on the deadline from Thursday to Wednesday.
Update: They pushed the final deadline back to Thursday, but as always, the DMs are under the gun to see them done sooner.

PLUS I have a boatload of work assigned for Tuesday only and Tuesday-Thursday. I've talked to my DM. She understands there are only so many hours in a day, but somebody up the ranks is not looking at the whole picture. Each project manager is looking only at their own island.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  04:53:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, along with the deadlines tightening and the extra holiday work, we have had a snow storm with high winds blow in. Schools closed today, even town schools are delayed. My rule is that if the schools are closed or delayed due to weather, so am I. I let my DM know last night that this might happen, since she is in another state south of me and she sent out an email stating to try to schedule our work accordingly.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  11:04:23 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM is west of you on the other sidr of the lake. She knows.

What is interesting is SPar HQ is in Michigan west of Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  09:20:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an issue with this company. (Not related at all to pay which was never a problem). I was hired to work doing furniture at Staples. During the hiring the thing with in home installs came up and I flat out stated I had no interest and would not do those. Ok, they still hire me. After two months I decide the entire thing is not for me, but before that they want a background check run so I can do in home installs. Um, I already said no, so I ignore the email. I then send in resignation. Ok, no problem. Except now they keep calling wanting me to do in home installs that I said I would NOT do when I was hired AND I've resigned from working for them and I NEVER filled out the background check paperwork. UGH!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  4:24:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes they get their 'wires' crossed. I haven't tried to do any of the furniture installs, luckily there is another gentleman that does that part in my area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums