Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  11:04:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I'm sure that is what happened, but to call before I normally get up in the morning just POs me to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  4:58:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand, since they're in MI and you're in NC, it can't be a time zone thing. Of course, I get called from all over the states from different supervisors "just trying to help". My supervisor should know, IF she calls I answer.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  5:14:14 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get text alerts if my DM emails me too.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  5:52:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had the texts, but it seemed like every time I got a text it was early in the morning, 2am or so. So I cancelled my text acceptance.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  03:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, FYI each DM has several DS's that they ask to "help" with making phone calls, I happen to be one. We are just trying to do our job. I never call before 9 a.m. or after 8 p.m. No one should.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  06:49:39 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was one DS in St Joe that did a good job. Now someone in Oklahoma does the weekend calls. She has a nack for calling about go backs and stuff on Sunday during church services. Being from Oklahoma, I would think she knows better, but she does not. This was before moving the go backs to Sunday.
During the week, my DM calls herself. We are both night owls, so we kinda know when it is ok to call. Usually, it is a more reasonable hour with daylight outside. To her credit, my DM deals with emails until they are done, goes to bed and checks emails again fairly early each morning.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  07:33:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't get calls at unreasonable times, just the texts. Of course, I had the most annoying alerts set for texts. I only had 1 before I turned the alert tone to silent. That 1 went off 2x between 2-3 am on a morning that I had to get up at 5am. To say the least, I was very groggy when I did wake up. I don't get many texts, so I didn't notice the second one and was glad when I got called by someone in NC. Lucky I was on my way to town, near the box that needed cared for. The last callout did not show up on my assignments until late Sunday, and I didn't get a call, so I wasn't able to get it done til Monday. I do check my assignment page at least 2-3 times per day, before noon (around 9am), afternoon (usually 2-3pm) and then in the evening (usually around 7-8pm). The last time is usually to make sure nothing new is showing up for the next day's work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  3:30:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email stating that the KM merchandisers will be receiving a gift from Fox for Q4. Don't know what it will be, but it's nice to get something. KM seems to be my most troublesome store, so the thank you gift makes it easier to swallow.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  4:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not to sound difficult but here is my two cents :-) I have been with Spar over five years FYI.

We are contractors for this company; you can refuse projects. If you can't visit on a Sunday then say so... I do. It is not my fault if a machine is broken and just because their equipment has issues does not change that I am not working or receiving work calls on a Sunday or most Saturdays for that matter.
My phone has an 'ignore' feature when it rings. If they call me Sunday at 9 AM guess what...Yup, ignore.... they leave a message & I respond promptly...on Monday morning.
Just because you work from home does not mean you must be on call 365/24.

Don't even get me started on how their taking away access pay; no raise for two or more years due to 'raise freeze'; 5 minute paying jobs, etc infuriates me LOL.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  10:42:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JennKane, I was wondering what had happened to the access pay that I was getting. I thought about asking my DM, but forgot with all the other work that I had going on.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  7:18:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get my access pay for my KM, for what its worth $2.00.My access for my Rite Aids disappeared over a year ago.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  05:57:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had some for a few CVS, I lost my KM when I took it back because I could also do 4 Krogers on the same day. I don't know if the access had to manually entered each week, but I got it occassionally.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  5:14:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you that have BBX/Ncr machines, have you noticed how many dvds we will be loading this next week. I normally have 15 at the most for any of my machines. This next week, the max number on the store allocation link for my stores, is 47. A big jump. No wonder they wanted us to pull some dvds out this week. What will be loaded this next week was just alittle more than I unloaded this week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  6:20:49 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the past few weeks,I've been pulling out 2 for about each loaded DVD. It has been just a few pulls each week. This week, half my assignments included pulls. One location came up with zero pulled DVDs when I tapped Unload. The locations with valid pulls are still at 2 out for about each one in.
In some cases, they are just reducing the title quanity. In some other cases, they are pulling all copies of a given title.

Also, I've heard the client is capping the max number of machines you can be assigned. For that reason, they are hiring someone new in my area.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  05:49:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How many machines do you have, Jeff? Did you hear what the 'cap' might be? I've still got only 7, but if I dedicated 1 full day, I could do 16 easily. Plus that would leave me 1 other day, in case we had pulls. This is in addition to the other work that I do for Spar and other companies.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  4:00:55 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pack your lunch!! This week could involve a number of pulls and record number of DVDs to load.
I have a couple of locations that are 100+ DVDs.
I'm comfortable at least half my locations will involve pulls as well as a large number of DVDs to load.
Also be sure to read the hot sheet for various pay rates.

I have 14 locations total.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  4:35:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The max loading for my machines is 47, but I only unloaded last week a max of 53. I have a feeling that I'll be pulling more real soon.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  8:39:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only have one machine. I have 59 to load.Also have a pull again this week.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  1:54:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I currently have 19, our shipping in Ohio has been delayed. I am not freaking out, though, at least the weather is decent.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  4:23:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My packages arrived ontime. I was lucky and it only took 30 minutes to load the 47 dvds. It was COLD, I should've waited til tomorrow, but with Indiana weather, you never really know what tomorrow will bring. High today of 29 with windchills in the teens. It was sunny at least.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums