Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  06:28:43 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kris - I have learned where the closest library with internet is ... closest to the jobs that is. The ones in Omaha have a 15 minute limit unit for people like me who do not have Omaha library cards. The other town's library has a one hour limit. No way will I give up an hour in the middle of the day.
You may want to check that out. It may make the end of the day easier.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  06:47:51 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have the same person who calls if the kiosks are nearing deadline. She used to call early evening. Yesterday she called mid-day. I know she is just doing a job, but she can get to be annoying. She does it with southern charm - so it is not like Kris was remarking about. I just get annoyed when I am doing my job in a timely manner and still get chased.
It's getting almost funny lately. She has called when I was at the location a few times. The funniest one was when she called to let me know that I had a goback (8)on my board. I saw it before she called and was at the locaton when she called to let me know I had the goback.
Yesterday, I just returned home from the last (one and only left to do) kiosk when she called about 4:00 PM local time.
It makes me wonder if she was handed more districts to call for since she called so much earlier than usual. It could just be the change in districts put my new district before the old district on her call list pecking order.
=============
After Monday was established as the preferred day to start, I was asked by my previous DM to establish a daily pace for the 14 blue boxes I have. I told her half Monday - 25% Tuesday and 25% Wednesday. She accepted that. This week I achieved 11 Monday and all but one was done by Tuesday. I still got a call.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  06:59:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do my kiosks on Monday afternoon. I wish the Sony visit would keep the same start day, this bouncing from Monday to Tuesday to Thursday is crazy. And the Blitzs on Friday, when we are supposed to have all of our work done by Thursday. Come on, 1 Blitz 15 miles away from home, no other work, for a 1/2 hour. It doesn't pay for 1/2 of my gas. On those situations, the client should be paying for a minimum of 1 hr, IMO. I know it won't happen, but some access for those situations?????

Sorry, must have woke up on wrong side of bed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CatR

Spirit Lake, IA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  3:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM recently changed, I was a carry over from NMS and was told I would still be an employee because my new DM was in a different area of SPAR. Not so. They paid me as an independent contractor and lowered my pay without notice. My question is how do I accept assignments? SPAR is loading my page with work, but I haven't said I would do it? Is there a way to decline it?

Cat
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  3:44:25 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
CatR - Pull up the work on your job board and look to the far right. The contact information for your DMM is there. Please call them ASAP and discuss your concerns.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  3:54:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are assigned all work in your stores. It not just whatever you want to do.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CatR

Spirit Lake, IA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  5:28:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff- Have done so, have not received a response.
MarlaB- These are not 'my stores', these are new stores not near me. I haven't worked but perhaps 3 times a year, no repeat work, no set stores. My previous work was near me, within 30 minutes drive. These are further away and I assume there is no mileage pay.

Cat
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  6:08:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually no mileage, sometimes some access (which is what they call it for mileage).

Jeff, I had 2 people call me at different times regarding go-backs, which was a good thing, since I was in town and hadn't seen the go-back. I was able to complete the go-back without going home and back again. I didn't need my paperwork, since I was so familiar with my machines and the paperwork.

Cat, maybe your DM isn't aware of your area. I've had people call me and ask "are you close to xxxx?". Only 100 miles away, I tell them. Surprised them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CatR

Spirit Lake, IA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  7:51:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MarlaB- I know what you mean. What I didn't understand was that stuff would be put on my 'page' without me knowing about it. Mary(DM, not her name), knew I didn't work as an IC, she assured me that I would be an employee, I was leaving SPAR when they bought NMS just because of that. So I didn't realize I was an IC, then the pay cut. I wrote Dave (DM, not his name), said I wasn't interested in more work, but there are two stores that I am to do. I guess I'm stuck doing a full day for $72. I guess it's a lesson to me. I appreciate your and Jeff's input.
Thanks!

Cat
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  8:35:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CatR: Everyone with Spar is an IC not an employee, it has been a few years since they changed everyone from employee to IC with them. I can't do my kiosk on Mondays they get their delivery at all times of the day anywhere from 9:30AM up until 8PM that night, and it is never the same time every week, so I do it on Tuesdays on my way to KM or my Sony job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  05:55:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My daughter-in-law works on Mondays at one of the kiosk's store. When the box comes in, she texts me. My boxes are all delivered on a regular schedule, off only by minutes from week to week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  06:38:53 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of my kiosk deliveries are somewhat predictable. A few are less so. One location has been anywhere from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. One is dependably after 6:00 PM. I go to the UPS website and have them email me certain locations' deliveries. I have a setting on Yahoo mail that then texts me when the email is received. It's not as prompt as it used to be, but that still works for me.

Lately UPS locally has a talent for leaving one box on the long distance truck. The truck is loaded and leaves town. I've had a box go to NC, CA or Des Moines, IA and back. This week, I received all my deliveries, but my teammate had one go astray. Since she is out of town today, I will be going and tending to it when it gets delivered. UPS will let me know when that is, so I don't have to pester the location.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  08:02:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm lucky, all of my boxes have been delivered between 10 am and 1 pm, every week except for the week that we were told ahead of time. I only have 4 kiosks now, down from 7. Evidently the other 3 (all one chain) wasn't renting enough, or something.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  04:15:28 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good news ... bad news. Watch for communication from your DMM or watch the instruction sheet carefully.

SPAR renewed the NCR/BB blue box contract for a couple of years.
Everybody had to take a paycut on this project in order to do so. This is NOT restricted to reps. It affected all involved.

It was very competitive with over a dozen other merchandising companies involved. SPAR's decision shows how far they will go to insure they have work for us. It was considerable.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  05:45:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen anything yet, my instruction page is the same as I've had since I signed on last summer.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  5:09:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In regards to the NCR/BBX, I got a personal call in regards to the pay difference, only 50cents which I can live with. And the possibility of more stores.

Has anyone seen the Sony visits @ Kroger's this upcoming week? I normally would have 2, but none are showing yet. Maybe just late.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  7:43:55 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sony resets: I four ODs in the coming week (201114) and KM (201115) the following week.

I do not have the Kroger related chain under SPAR.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  02:51:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, My Kroger's are posted, remember we had a frequency change, perhaps your stores changed frequency?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  06:30:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't see the frequency change. I looked in plano-viewer and didn't see it either. Where could I find it? I have 2 stores that were As and 2 Bs, or at least on my mailing for last week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  07:52:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine is listed under viewable files when I click on a store number. It is only for my region. My DM also sent it in an email.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums