Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  12:28:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just looked at both stores from last week, the last frequency change was 5/2010. I don't know what happened, but if I plan on NOT doing them and then they show up, it will change my scheduling for sure. I wish I could look further back. Anybody in 653 with that update? If so, email me, please.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  05:31:08 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Hot Fudge !!! We have KM Blitz both this Friday and Next.

That trip by itself for that limited time barely covers gas.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  1:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, a Tuesday blitz, just got the email, on certain KM stores. We won't which stores until Tues am. All stores will be listed for it, but the stores that don't have it will be deleted Tues am, so check before you leave Tues am.

These Friday blitzes doesn't cover my gas, especially at $3.89/gal. Today's price here for regular gas.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  7:06:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Only 1 of my KM is a blitz this Friday. The other 1 is only getting singles not a corrugate. Lucky for me I have a job scheduled at a store just down the street from the KM, otherwise it would cost me more in gas then it's worth.Gas here is up to $3.60 gal, was $3.45 2 days ago. For NCR they also cut the task 27 pay down to $4.00.
Got an email from the regional vp says our district now has 2700 ncr machines.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  04:48:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only had one task 27, and it's scheduled to be removed. I've 'lost' 4 out of 7 machines. And yesterday, I spoke to a supervisor of the only chain that I have left, to find out that he's expecting another one to go. Good news is that he has a new store going in and it's should be getting a kiosk. Minus one plus one makes it equal.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  07:01:47 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
More fun. The blue box location that got my foot in the door at SPAR is the only one south of me making it a special trip of it's own.
This morning, it took 15 minutes to get back due to a contruction zone. Normally, it's about 4-5 minutes if all the lights turn red. This will last into July.

While crawling northbound, I heard a clutch spring break. That peddle is very soft now. Last time, the mechanic said if this happened again, buy another car, he was done.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  1:48:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So sorry Jeff regarding your car. I just got another one a couple of weeks ago. My son, who's studying to be a mechanic/service advisor took it into school and found out that I need brakes like yesterday and an idler arm and pitman arm, plus the ball joints are very dry. Will probably need them soon. I just made the first payment on the vehicle today. I'm lucky, the school lets him bring it in to check it out or fix it while training the entire class on what to look for. Definitely a win/win situation. Check out your local vocational school for discounted repairs, these students are supervised by a knowledgable mechanic/teacher while working, it might save you some money.

We all need to save a bit considering visits/pay have been cut.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

John6228
Apprentice

Columbus, Georgia
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  11:43:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by SPAR. Any advice? I have one office supplies store to work, and there has been mention of more. I do have a full time job, and a lot more work would probably be hard. One good thing is they said I could work later into the evening if need be compared to having to be done by 4:00. So, comments from reps with experience with this company would be great.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  4:22:44 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Aboard.
Try not to schedule your work on the last day of the assignment.
Learn to sign into your job board.
Print everything for starters.
Read everything.
>>IF you do not understand ANYTHING, ask questions.
>>Learn how to file your report by midnight Eastern time.

We're here to help too.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  4:26:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, don't be afraid to ask us questions. Of course, you should ask your DM but sometimes you need someone else. My email is available if need be. If you have the 1 office supply store, any other work in that store that Spar gets, will be yours.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  5:57:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just received copy of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader today, surprised, I wasn't expecting it. Along with it was a nice letter thanking me for supporting the Blitz. Things like this make me feel useful and appreciated.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  05:55:25 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Old saying: "Be careful what you wish for ... you may get it."

I just had my handheld access the server. Lo and Behold:
The NCR/BB callform reports are in my handheld. So now I can file via HH. I've been pushing for that. Now we'll see if I was correct to do so. We'll see if the HH can hold up a full day.

UPDATE: MY DMM HAS ADVISED ME THE NCR/BB ON THE HANDHELD WAS IN ERROR.

Also while I have no official word, I am expecting to get a week off next week since we are loading two weeks of NRs. Good for my gas expense. Bad for my bank account.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  07:01:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are not loading the week of the 18th, I have the official word. I have a HH I do not use, hate the thing!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  08:36:23 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree the HH is seldom of any value vs paper and computer reporting. Normal 5276 etc weekly reports should be computer reported. Somebody in HQ has contracted otherwise.
I have slowly come around to the HH having value for the Sony resets. Usually, I can do the job better and quicker on paper and computer. That said, the HH insures that I don't miss a title on the product count.
For the NCR/BB, The HH is the lesser of two evils for me. With it, I may be able to stay out later Monday evenings as I will not have to run home and computer report 10 to 15 reports. The only process less desireable than the HH is cellphone reporting the NCR/BB service with my ten button cell phone.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  1:32:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an HH (actually have had 2 different ones this time around) both of them have been pieces of junk and I can report it faster via the computer than using the HH. The last time I tried to get my HH fixed it took 4-5 hours on the phone just to find out that it needed to be sent back. Second one worked for 2-3 weeks and then decided not to work, I tried again to resolve the issue, and was told it should be working. It did, for less than 15 minutes. Now I just report via computer and it's alot less hassle.

I also have the official word that we will not be doing NCR/BBX the week of the 18th. We will have several discs to put into the machines due to this.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  10:10:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Jeff, we are unable to load BBX to our HH, I do think that would make it easier to keep time straight and such. Lucky you.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  10:29:55 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe I should have kept my email shut. I loaded this week's work early Sunday AM. I advised my DMM via email about the NCR/BB on the handheld. She responded later in the day that should not have happened and it had been pulled.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  02:29:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that, it was the only reason I plugged mine in. I was soooo hoping.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  05:36:22 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your message board. New cell phone reporting info. Looks good at first glance on my older NON-Smartphone cell phone. They mention cell phones with more ability than mine too.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  05:43:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now, they do this, after I get rid of the phone that had that feature. This phone isn't picking up internet.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums