Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  3:57:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pet Peeve-
Its Friday and I was completely done with my work this week except for one Kmart blitz that I had planned to get done when the store opened. I get a call from my manager asking me to please complete 3 jobs that another rep had not reported and they were past due. They were within 30 miles and my DM offered me a small access which of course I accepted. I went to do the jobs and ran into the regular rep, who was quite nasty about me doing their work. I said this was suppose to be reported yesterday. He said well I was running late, and I asked if he filled his manager in on his and he said, well no why should I? Ha, I said because if you had maybe I wouldn't have to drive 30 extra miles to finish work that should have been done yesterday. I told him not to bother to go to his other two stores, because I had already one them. Moral of the story is- call your DM if you run into problems. Please it would save us all some trouble.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  06:24:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Gayle, I agree. Perhaps my supervisors get updated TOO often, but then again, if I don't do as soon as I think there may be a problem, I may forget.

I get at least 1 email EACH week reporting WHO had NOT done their work the day before it's due, everyone else gets it also. I call it the 'bad' list. It's amazing how many people wait til the last day to do their work. I'm sure there are reasons, but when the same people are listed on the 'past due' list, there is something wrong. In my opinoin, they may have taken on too much work.

In regards to the Friday blitz, I only have all of my work done by Thursday, so to run into town AGAIN for less than 1 hr, is actually losing money on gas.

My pet peeve is when you get used to servicing on Tues-Wed, with a tues-thurs window, and then suddently one week one assignment changes to a thurs-fri window. Most of my work I can do on Tues and Wed as my backup day. It just throws my schedule off.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  2:39:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heads up, if you had a NCR that was removed, you may need to go back to pick up items that was not returned when the machine left. Pay is only $4 per location. Doesn't cover my gas, but I'll do them. Our gas is now over $4/gallon.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  2:51:59 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Keep your eye on your job board. At this time, it appears that the work planned for later this week is not going to happen.
Also since UPS does not deliver on Memorial Day, it appears the schedule that week will be open Tuesday - Thursday.
It's still in flux, so check at least every other day or more this week. There was some discussion of task 26. Where that stands, who knows?

========
Did you get an email inviting you to a conference call (unpaid) about the NCR/BB? Next one is scheduled for Friday evening. Maybe we'll chat then.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  4:28:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just heard, not as many Task 26s (pulls) as normal this week. Task 1 will start on Tuesday of next week.

Question for those of you that have had a new machine installed recently. I have another kiosk in my town (I'm the only rep doing the town) installed yesterday. I'm waiting to see when I'll need to go in and install the new releases that are normally required. How long did it take for you to get notice of a new machine?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  4:31:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You will probably just have that store assigned to you next week. There are no deliveries this week so there is nothing to load. At east that is what happened to me on a down week.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  4:36:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks, are we still supposed to be at the kiosk within 3 hours of assignment like before? I haven't had a new store for several months.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  5:14:39 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would just check your job board each day. I've always been requested to get to them ASAP, but never had a 3 hour rule for the new kiosks.
There is a possibility SAL line folks could call you yet this week to tell you of the install. They usually can supply a UPS tracking number. It's fun when I tell them I've already seen it on the job board and checked with the location if they have received a box.
I've had the chaser call me to be sure I was aware of it too.

It's good to learn they are shipping out more machines. I'm expecting a couple of possibilities based on the management of those chains telling me informally they are on the list to add some of their locations.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  10:44:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This machine was removed from another town and placed at a brand spanking new Speedway store. I knew it was coming because I was teasing the direct manager of Speedway one day and he told me that the 'new' store was getting one, but I will be losing one soon also.

I have an inside track with the Speedways in my town, my DIL works for them, plus I have really good relations with the store managers.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  2:43:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are relocating the the kiosks from the slower stores to busier ones. This is happening everywhere.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  5:49:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I actually expected for the machine that is being removed to get moved over to the new store. This store is just down the road from one store that was doing ALMOST enough to be kept. Across the intersection is a RedBox, we'll see how it does.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  11:44:30 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have the product packaging repair task at the big box store, take some scissors or a box cutter you are comfortable using. Be careful not to damage the client's product. The Premium Transparent Film Tape sent out by SPAR HQ is on a roll without providing a way to cut the tape.

UPDATE: I have discussed this job with my DM. Apparently there were two sets of instructions. SAL line yesterday was reading something different than the final edition. The ones on the job link ARE the only task - tape the side of the box as shown. My first Wal-mart location only had about a dozen boxes popped open as shown. My DM instructed me to TAPE ALL boxes regardless if popped or not.
The last question on the call form specifically asks if you taped ALL boxes or RTS why.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  4:03:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new machine is finally showing for next week.

Jeff, I always have an utility knife in my vehicle. I'm comfortable with it. I also keep a 10-n-1 and a tape measure.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  05:36:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am really disappointed. I applied with Spar a long time ago and never heard from them. Now I received a job notification from Narms for job opportunities in my immediate area. So I go to the link provided and fill in the application only to get a message at the end that I already applied- in 2010!!! I have added a lot of experience since then. I can't believe they won't they let you update your application. It's been two years, for Pete's sake!

Ann
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  07:14:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oops. Sorry, meant to say it's been a year and a half. Still...

Ann
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  08:06:37 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ann
I was going to send you an email but you have not set your email addy into Volition. When you do, your email stays private unless you respond directly to the person sending you email.

I was going to ask where in the USA you are. (nearby city, town or area you service - nothing more specific than that.) I may be able to put you in touch with a person rather than the automation you are dealing with.
You are welcome to drop me an email via Volition by clicking my handle and I will be happy to forward your contact (email) information to a person for you ... my District Manager can forward to the appropriate DM if you are not in the area my DM covers.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  09:47:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ann, I was going to tell you the same as Jeff. I can help, let me know where you are?
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  9:01:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same issue, because I first applied back in 2009. Since then I have moved and have a new phone number. I keep seeing jobs in my area but get the "you applied in 2009".
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  08:01:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you with the problem of applying and not getting anywhere, there several of us "old-timers" that will be able to forward your information on to our district managers. Sometimes a forward will get you farther than just emailing yourself. Just send us an email. My district covers IN and KY, but she is willing to pass on people to other districts. I've been lucky to have had the same district since I started back in 2008, and several of my supervisors have been districts over other areas.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  08:30:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was in their system for over a year. Never heard from them. They would post on NARMS, I would reply. No answer. And then out of the blue three weeks ago I received a phone call from one of their recruters asking would I be interested in 5 BB's in my area. I said sure. She said she would pass it on to the DM for my area. I never have heard from the DM. However, the recruter said she would email other DM's in other division's for my area. Thanks to her I have been hired.

I received a call from the DM for the NAS side on Thursday and was hired. As I understand it you can work for multiple divisions after you are hired by one division. Can anyone give me some advice on how this works with Spar?

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums