Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

CathyCastle
Trainee

Bainbridge, GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  11:10:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Spar. So far I haven't had any problems. I like the hours, I like my jobs and the ability to be somewhat flexible.

Cathy Bannon
Go to Top of Page

TammyKristaAshley

Niles, Ohio
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:49:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Spar for over a Year now and I love my DM. Whenever, I have any problems or needed an answer to my questions they are just a phone call away.

I feel they are a great company to work for
Go to Top of Page

Suza

St. Louis, MO
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  1:22:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
People seem to forget that Spar also gives a store access fee which can greatly raise your pay rate.

Suza
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  2:04:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are right about the access fee. My status with them has not changed in that I am still in their system.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

cindy e.
Apprentice

IN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  5:57:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The 3% is taken from your check because you are an independent Contractor & paying for your own Workman's comp. Spar demands alot for little pay. I agree the work is consistant. I have been doing work for Spar for 5 years. The video work in that certain chain pays very little for what is expected, and so little amount of time allotted to do the job correctly. It is getting much worse & fast. I believe this is why the heavy turnover.

cindye
Go to Top of Page

TammyKristaAshley

Niles, Ohio
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  04:01:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand where you are comming from on the time that you have spent in the store verses the pay of only 8.00 an hour.

I work for other companies as well and pay is 10.00 to 12.50 per hour. So I do understand that you feel that 8.00 is low.

SPAR also pays mileage, and printing fees, access fees and the hourly wage, so when you add it all up it is not to bad of pay.

I think we all get spoiled with other companies that pay a higher wage. Yet for someone starting out or looking for part-time work, when there is no other jobs around, SPAR is a great place to start.

I may be spoiled because I have a WONDERFUL DM, yet I do enjoy working for the company.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  04:46:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is a store access fee and how do they pay mileage? What do they pay for mileage? TIA
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  06:50:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I had started out with this co. I would not be merchandising now. In their favor the work is consistent and pay is on time.Right now while I am waiting on pay from slower paying companies it looks better than it actually was.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

TammyKristaAshley

Niles, Ohio
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  08:05:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do agree with you there

The pay is ALWAYS on time and always correct.

I am sorry but I can not give that information out about the access fee or the milage, that is crossing the line on my part, sorry
Go to Top of Page

CathyCastle
Trainee

Bainbridge, GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  12:18:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WEll hmmm I still like my spar. I know that other companies pay more.
But I like my local accounts! I do some work for other companies but they aren't enough. With Spar, I have something every week. Heck Spar even pays more than Hallmark! I know, I work for both!

Cathy Bannon
Go to Top of Page

Tresha
Apprentice

Gaylord, MI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  4:29:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked regularly for Spar for several months now and would recommend anyone in my area to them! Yes, the pay is not as high as other companies....I get many jobs that pay several dollars an hour more than I make with Spar, BUT Spar pays EVERY 2 weeks...no waiting for checks and I have NEVER once had to call them and ask where my check was (which I have had to do several times with other companies). Whenever I have had a question or concern, it has always been addressed immediately! I am not a person to say yea or nay about many of the companies that I have done work for, but this is one time I felt compelled to speak up. I do the regular weekly DVD merchandising and to be honest in the very beginning I thought it was a bit much for the pay, but you learn how to make the most of your alloted time and as long as you are fulfilling your requirements they don't give you a hard time. You also get several other job assignments in your territory whenever they come up. My DM is very on top of things and makes sure I have everything I need to complete my jobs efficiently and accurately. To wrap things up, sometimes we take a "cut in pay" to work for companies that are consistent and reliable. Personally I will take reliability over a few bucks anyday!!
Go to Top of Page

TammyKristaAshley

Niles, Ohio
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  03:45:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done the weekly visits servicing the DVD's as well and yes at first it was overwhelming, yet once you get a routine going it is very easy to be within your allotted time. There is always work and extra work in most areas.

The pay that you are referring to, working for 30 minutes or 20 minutes within the stores and only getting paid $4.00, that may seem low, but I can not understand why you would want to be paid for 1 hour when you did NOT work for one hour.

That may just be how I feel, but I don't expect to be paid for an hour if I did not work for a full hour.

Judy my DM is "THE BEST", and I have had no complaints about Spar at all over the last year I have worked for them.

If you like your DM and they are easy to get along with and you like the work you are doing, I think that makes a big difference in attitudes.
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  3:35:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mostly questions to the DM about milage and access fees went unanswered.I prefer stores that pay by the store and over 1 hr. by quarter of hour.It was overwhelming not to receive training for a 20 ft. plus section of dvds.I prefer the small fixtures I am servicing now.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  5:30:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody doing the independent pharmacies?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  02:03:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the allotted time?
Go to Top of Page

TammyKristaAshley

Niles, Ohio
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  04:30:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Allotted time for a New Item end cap is 1 hour.

For myself the first one usually takes and hour and the rest take 30 to 45 minutes to complete.

It is per person, on how long or fast it takes to complete them.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  05:00:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This job looks really complicated, I turned it down. Thanks for all your feedback.
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  1:52:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny,

I am doing the independent pharmacy work. I used to work this program when MCA had it, before they lost the contract to SPAR. Spar has since hired me on and given me even more stores than I had before. It is very easy work for the pay. It just looks complicated. If you'd like more info you can email me privately at cuzzinhunter@cinci.rr.com . I would jump on this while you can...

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

SBorn
Trainee

Walnut Creek, CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  12:24:34 PM  Visit SBorn's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Independent Pharmacy job is seperate from our other work (IE National Chain Drug store). The store times are based on store revenue. High revenue stores are 5 hrs a month, med are 4 hours and low are 2 hrs a month.

The one hour for an end cap is NOT with this particular client.

Thanks

Shelley Born
Spar Group, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

AKLeah
Apprentice

Anchorage, AK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  02:49:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In regards to only being paid for 20 or 30 minutes is agains state law.
Some states require that anything over 20 minutes is to be paid a full hour. I am not sure if this applies to I.C.'s but I believe it does.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums