Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  10:41:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
sorry Jerry, I only work for the regular merchandising side of Spar.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  11:16:00 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Jerry,

Each of the division DMs will expect your loyalty to their division/area/projects. My understanding is you would have a DM to report to for each division. My Merchandising DM said I could work for NAS as long as I got my work done in the Merchandising Division. To be fair, the Merchandising DM was the first job offer I accepted. I had been called by NAS previously, but I was not sure that was what I wanted to do. That does NOT make it wrong for anybody else. It was a personal choice.
Time management and awareness of how much time each assignment will REALLY take including travel time are key making it work out. SPAR time allowances are not always enough compared to doing the job in a quality fashion. NAS work requires your best quality work as the store is dependent on your work for more sales or avoiding complaints about a product put together in a customer's home.
I'm not so sure if they see your total assignment load. So the ultimate responsibility for managing your jobs and how to get them done on time is up to you.
I'm happy handling the BBs and other merchandising jobs.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  6:29:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, you're right about the loyalty and not realizing that sometimes you work for several companies. That's the reason that I only schedule myself for 1/2 time at the most. I only have 1 other company that realizes that 1 company can't pay all the bills, and they respect that.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  8:11:09 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you are reseting the SBT fixture at Kmart, be aware the new product is NOT labeled "Out of Dept". It just has SPHE and price.

For some unknown reason, they shipped two titles that are NOT on the POG. One was IKE. The other title escapes me I think it was Augustus or something similar.

Three titles were not shipped to my KM. I had to flex.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  8:16:01 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The UPC in the instructions for the Spin Master assignment failed if entered as instructed. If you drop the final zero (0), the UPC works.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  10:48:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff, I had no POD and was missing several titles. The dept mgr noticed that the titles didn't have the "Out of dept" on the stickers, so he thought that those titles needed to be elsewhere. I'm glad you posted that your stores were printed wrong. I got Augustus as a spare title.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  6:57:33 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called the SONY help desk in the instruction and told them some of the new titles in the reset. They then identified the shipment and gave me tracking info as to who signed for it.
We then pulled the "no home" box to find what I needed for the Sony SBT reset.
I find SONY's help desk the way to go for the SBT tasks rather than SAL line. So far, there has not been any flack about doing so.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  7:00:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't ya just love it?? The S2Go instruction set did NOT include the POG. I had to dig, but I came up with a copy of the POG from a previous assignment and completed the job.
Still IMO, it should have been there and I told SAL line so.

UPDATE ... Now that I have completed the job, they have spooled in a hotsheet copy of the POG. IF you want one, that is where you can get it per the SPAR message board.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  06:01:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love when they post a message about things that I've already done. Usually posted either after the assignments should have be done or the very last day.

I find that most of the messages don't apply to me, but I read them all no matter what.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  8:20:35 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have any of you received your SONY fixture danglers for this week's reset/changeout ?? I did not.

Also - the Title List put out as SIX (6) pages. Pages 4-6 are the waterfall column without titles. IMO, we do not need to print those three pages.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  05:52:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't received anything yet either, and haven't printed my paperwork. Planning on printing later today, after I do my NCR and OD Sony c/o. Still getting over last weeks KM work, no helper this time.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  9:04:59 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the Sony job, this week, the Alphabetical List was useless. Instead of reflecting a title/pocket relationship as it has historically, it reflected title/price.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  11:47:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reason that the alphabetical did not have the pocket, was that we were to check the prices.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  3:37:52 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Checking prices is SOP for all SONY resets.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  5:17:07 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Finally, the KM SONY SBT has an alpha list this past week with pocket numbers.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  5:24:32 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you have NCR/BB blue boxes planned, check the message board.
Pulls (26/27) are the first part of the week.
Loads (1) are the end of the week or over the weekend or normal following week schedule. Given that variable, we are "encouraged" to get it done Friday or over the weekend.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  6:32:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't mind getting them done on Friday or over the weekend. Nice to get it out of the way and have the ability to plan my week with out worrying about the deliveries. Problem are the stores that lock them up and the receivers only have access.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  11:12:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't do merchandising on Fri/Sat or Sun, so my machines will be done the following Monday.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  5:19:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Dm said ours won't be delivered until Friday. So I'm going to do it over the weekend and get it out of the way. Then I won't have to go in that direction during the week for 1 job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  4:12:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone bother to ask their DM about a pay raise this year?

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums