Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  7:49:48 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My SPAR DM is asking for a definate number of hours commitment to SPAR. She now or soon will have the flexibility to assign reps to other divisions of SPAR. This is the stated reason for the commitment request.
Is this happening in other districts? My SPAR work is so variable, that a specific number is not IMO practical. SPAR is generally good about setting the board in time for me to plan the following week, BUT ... as many of you know, SONY resets are not every week. NCR/BB task 26s are not a set number of hours nor units per week. KM is most weeks, but can triple some weeks or more. SPAR is good about seeking other work for us. That is not factored in the above.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  06:21:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Jeff, my DMM sent out that information, but the OTHER DMMs of the different divisions would be calling us, IF we have extra time that we can/will devote to "Spar" work. I don't have any extra time, beyond my regular Spar work and the other companies, so that's what I told my DMM. It's understandable since I know they are getting more and more work, this way the other divisions that might have really good reps that need more hours and our division might need help. It just makes sense.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  11:21:08 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received via UPS Next Day Air a package with a return label from:
DCI Marketing
Milwaukee, WI

Nothing on nor in the package identifies it as being for a SPAR project.

It contained two very tiny allen wrenches and a bent tab looking thing which they call a wrench along with black and white version of the PDF instructions now in the job file for the RockStar Mickey Install / Mattel - Mickey Pulley Fix task next week in the Toys R Us.

SPAR Reps should open cautiously as the smaller items could fall out unnoticed which is what almost happened to me.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  7:39:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't gotten anything from my DMM about a commitment to hours.I don't get many hours with spar anymore anyway. My sony at od are only about 1x amonth and my km are 2x amonth, and I only have 1 Ncr, but there is only 2 ncr boxes in the whole state.Plus my DMM thinks that in my area, she has to have 3 other reps besides me for the small amount of work there is.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle M

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  9:24:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a email asking my total availability. She outlined
the different divisions and what they do. It was also stated,
that I may or may not receive a call. This just depended on the
division and the need. I just emailed back how many hours I had
to give to Spar each week. We are still independent contractors
and can turn down work at the beginning of the week if needed.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  06:22:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, spar has picked up several other clients in the last year. The rockstar Mickey was handled last year by CMS (my son did them)and I receive alot of packages from other companies for Spar work. I love this, since I work for several companies and all do the same thing. I have to think about what assignments I have, not which assignments with which company.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  04:01:11 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ABG Accessories - (101568) originally scheduled last week may not have yet shipped per job board POD link this week.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  11:23:17 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Toys R Us jobs scheduled this week will have to wait until next week.
The stores will no receive the appropriate POGs until next Monday.

The display for task 3 has yet to ship per the display maker.
UPDATE: 09/30/2011 Task 3 display still has not shipped from the vendor.
UPDATE: Many TRU received Task 3 displays October 4th.
---------------------
Task 1 If you prepare the Smokey display in the back, do NOT put the battery packs in the display there. The added weight is too much for one person to lift when you place it on the shelf. Place the display and then put the battery packs in place.

Task 2: Read the original printable instruction for battery setup instructions in addition to the instructions that came with the fixit kit.
Be careful with the fixit kit for task 2. THe adhesive under the red tape almost came off because I was digging too deep trying to remove the red tape. If you do take all the adhesive off, just apply some double sided tape.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  7:30:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Spar do anything in Dollar General? My small town is getting one and I'd like to maybe pick up some merchandising work if I could.
TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  06:17:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing that I know of, at this moment, sorry. Driveline and Certified does, tho.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  7:03:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's 10:00 pm here and the Spar reporting is so slow, it's timed out a couple of times. Is it just the time of day, with lots of reps trying to report?

10:10 started to work faster. I finally got my reporting done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  07:24:04 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was late reporting some jobs that night due to slow servers. I had about 20 reports to file that evening.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  3:35:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed my supervisor when my reporting looked like it would be late. She was understanding about it, and I haven't seen myself on her late reporting email, yet. Hopefully yours will be just as understanding. I may email my DMM more than I should, but I do keep her up-to-date with what is going on in regards to my Spar work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  3:38:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone having problems entering reports? I'm attempting to enter a Icon go back, and every time that I answer a question, it sends me to RTS, even to save.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  12:59:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I entered two CVS store ICON reports Friday - Oct 14 without a problem.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  5:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you didn't have any problems, it was a pain on the evening of the 13th. I finally got it entered by filing a RTS for each question.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  08:08:40 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your job boards for next Tuesday.
I have two BLITZ jobs that AFTERNOON.

Note: Please read the job before commenting on this job's specifics.
I'm not sure that I want to say more on this or similar boards.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  10:58:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have any blitzes on my board for next week. Actually next week is slow.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  7:00:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, Its an audit, not a blitz that has to be done on Tues. afternoon only at wm.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  7:32:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have any WMs, that probably why I didn't see anything. Thanks Sue.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums