Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  9:07:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone doing the resets in the Staples store for Martha Stewart? Just got a recruiter who called at 9 pm tonight.
I told her i worked for Spar several years ago and when i go to apply for any jobs it says i already applied over 2 years ago!
She said they were having ALOT of problems with getting people to work on the reset crews building these fixtures. It's taking at least 8 hours or all day, not the 4 or 5 that the work order says.
I said i would work one of these resets or fixture builds in Staples so i could get back in the system for more work.
She said i would be on the GO team,whatever that means.
Hope it pays more than the $9.00 i was making doing the redbox in Fred Meyer over 2 years ago.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  10:08:24 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
GO TEAM is strictly fixture resets and store fixture rearrangeing with related resets as far as I know. Sometimes, they have crews do entire stores.
Generally, they pay more, BUT I also work for SPAR and when the recruiter called me on a Friday, she wanted me to work EIGHT HOURS on a SATURDAY (next day) for a lesser pay than most GO TEAM members get. She expected me to work for merchandiser pay. Merchandiser pay varies by area.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  10:32:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff68005,that's what i was wondering. I asked about the pay and she said she would have to call back tomorrow and tell me what it was,she couldn't bring it up on her computer. She also wanted me to work the next day and drive almost 2 hours to this store and be there before 7 am,i said no to that store.
So if it's less than 12.00 (for this area) i'm going to decline.
I really don't want to be on a fixture reset team,been there done that.
I get 2 or 3 companies a week calling asking me to work,so at this point i have enough ongoing work.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  09:39:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recruiter called back to let me know that the pay is the same across the board for everyone no matter what team when i asked what it would be. She said it was $9.50 hr. Told her sorry but i won't work for less than $11.50 hr. assembling fixtures,which of course she said no one at Spar is paid that. She mentioned she's having a really hard time finding anyone who'll do the work in this entire area. I mentioned other companies i work for pay 3 or more per hr. and she said Spar doesn't pay that much.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  11:08:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We wouldn't have touched them for less than $14.00 an hr. each, expected to drop and run is ridiculous, and then drive un- compensated, GEE, I wonder why they can't find anybody??

Kelly F. you made the right call!

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  1:06:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing these in Ohio and our rate of pay is 10.00, whenever we work in Staples, we make GO Team rate. They should not be that difficult. I do most of my work in Staples, easy money!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  4:10:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They called back and upped the pay for this one fixture reset,so it looks like i'll be going. Jenny41,do you just go to the front door and knock to get let in? I asked the second recruiter who called back if we go to the back door and she said probably just the front glass door. They don't open until 8 and the reset starts at 7.
She also said they couldn't hardly get anyone in Oregon to do these fixtures either. They were having a really,really hard time finding anyone.
I explained with the price of gas and driving at least an hour each way with no mileage or drive time it wasn't worth it at $9.50 an hr.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  4:49:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told that it would be 8 hour days and minimum 18hrs per store, with at least 2 people. Mine doesn't happen until mid-January. I can't, since I'm back in school by that time.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  6:42:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey MarlaB, I was told by the second recruiter(they called 4 times in 2 hrs.)that there is suppose to be 4 people plus the team lead there tomorrow. But she did mention that so many people are not showing up for these. So we'll see how it goes. I may be there all day long and then some.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  06:07:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
different stores are different. My store is smaller, and I wasn't contacted by the GoTeam, but my own DM for me and my helper/team to do the job. GoTeam does not contact me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  06:24:57 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Effective a couple of months back, merchandising DMs can see and/or assign work for any division of SPAR. Some of the TRU display jobs are reported to be from a nonmerchandising division.
I still get ASKED if I can do GO team projects rather than it being dumped in my job board like merchandising assignments.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  07:33:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

Jenny41,do you just go to the front door and knock to get let in? I asked the second recruiter who called back if we go to the back door and she said probably just the front glass door. They don't open until 8 and the reset starts at 7.

All the Staples that I service have a small buzzer button to press and get their attention, located somewheres on the front frame of the glass doors.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  08:08:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

Jenny41,do you just go to the front door and knock to get let in? I asked the second recruiter who called back if we go to the back door and she said probably just the front glass door. They don't open until 8 and the reset starts at 7.

All the Staples that I service have a small buzzer button to press and get their attention, located somewheres on the front frame of the glass doors.

We usually just wait and all go in together or the outside door is unlocked because they know we are coming. If not I just tap on the glass with my keys and they let us in. Always use the front door.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  09:54:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my DM always asks, since she doesn't know my schedule and she knows that I do other things besides Spar. After all these years with her, it's nice to know ahead of time, and she really tries. I've had 4 supervisors, including your DM, Jeff, but only 1 DM. Maybe our region is a training region???? Never know.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  07:13:08 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heads UP !!!
The Wal-Mart animals job requires a BEFORE as well as an after photo.
This devil is definatelly in the details.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2012 :  12:27:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sure glad I don't have WM, done of mine allow pictures of anything.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  9:08:37 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is extra important to get your NCR/BB blue boxes loaded by Tuesday if at all possible. SOME of my location's deliveries included releases for THIS TUESDAY (Jan 10, 2012)
  • Moneyball
  • What's Your Name?

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  05:25:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I almost always do mine on Monday, since I have too much work starting Tuesdays. Even if they are new releases for other retailers, doesn't mean they will release at BBX on the same day. When I did mine, those titles didn't come up 'coming soon', which usually meant a least a week away. But the email that I just got from BBX, states that Moneyball is available today.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2012 :  11:06:19 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have not done your SONY/OD tasks 26 and 27, be aware repriced items are NOT showing the correct prices in the OD cash registers.

The majority of the new units are NOT ON FILE in the OD cash registers.

Saddle Bag A POG shows old prices in 7 out of 10 pockets. The master list has the lower prices which match the OD cash registers.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  6:29:11 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
KM managers were instructed to take before and after service photos this week on the Sony fixture.
Problem is our work is scheduled for NEXT week.
I suggest you contact your KM contact and let them know.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition о Copyright й All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums