Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  05:30:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My KM decides to do whatever they do with the Sony rack. I could be working on it every week and it would still be changed before the next visit. They believe that whatever they want to do is ok, since it's their store. I have a hard time with the S2Go rack, which they believe is a rack for any and ALL games that are not locked up. Plus everything has to been mussed up every time, there must be someone with OCD. I've talked to management, and that is a waste of time. I've been at that store since 2008.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  09:39:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So time for another HH, the 2nd one is going back. I haven't used it in years and since I updated my computers above XP, it hasn't wanted to work. I hoping that I will get one that actually wants to work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  2:14:08 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check the TRU SBT Scan Test Update sheet in the 201208 week job.
I suspect it could be a model for other SBT jobs.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  6:10:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
More fun from UPS. The aircraft landed in Omaha and my NCR/BB blue box was checked "Destination Scan" at 7:16 AM today.
An hour later it was scanned in Yorktown Heights, NY.
At this time, UPS has no clue when the box will arrive at the correct destination.

Thank goodness the job was extended to Thursday.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  6:19:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My NCR/BB showed that it is still sitting in Oakland,Ca. as of tonite.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2012 :  05:38:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They sent a message stating that some boxes would be running late, thanks for reminding me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  8:35:20 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
None of my NCR/BB shipments had return labels in them this week.

Some machines (no shipment) only had the ability to return rentals. Those machines will be removed soon. NOT ALL (No shipments) were like that. Some (No Shipment) locations had normal screens.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  05:35:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, the machines that are scheduled to be removed will not rent out any dvds. If someone needs to rent, then they will need to go to another machine.

All my boxes had labels, plus I have SO many extras, I've been throwing the excess away. If you or someone needs some, email me, and I'll find some for you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  8:09:39 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kmart semi monthly reset - Outpost fixture. SPAR POG starts at 1.
KM POG considers that spot number 101.

Also double check the checklane fixture. My store has had a 16 pocket fixture for who knows how long. When the store printed labels for it, it came up 12 pocket.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  12:43:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my store has never printed the CL pog, but this week they did. They could only print the 12, mine is 16. Evidently it wasn't just my store.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SharonC

Jacksonville, FL
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  8:19:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's exactly why I turned them down when they wanted to hire me. First of all hiring us as IC's is according to the IRS MISCLASSIFICATION OF EMPLOYEE in order to avoid having to pay their share of employment tax, SS/Medicare, Workers Comp etc. We're NOT ICs. ICs have complete control over EVERY aspect of the jobs they do... clients, hours, pay, how and when they do the job, etc. Once the company has ANY say over how/when and what you get paid and who you're going to work for you are an EMPLOYEE. And the lame excuse that you can pick and choose jobs is just that ..a lame excuse. It does NOT make you an IC.

Secondly...years ago when I didn't know the LAW and was naively working as an IC companies were paying like $13-$18/hr plus mileage. Now they want you to work for $8-$10, have to pay your own taxes and not pay for anything else. BS. They can go pound sand. I don't leave my house for less than $13/hr as an EMPLOYEE. Every company I work for now hires W-2 employees... they're the ETHICAL companies. Stay away from companies like SPAR, RMP and the like. They'll get caught sooner or later... as soon as someone files one of these forms against them to get back all the self-employment taxes they legally didn't have to pay.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99921,00.html

Lastly... get hurt on the job because you have no WORKERS COMP and you're totally screwed. Every time you work you're taking a HUGE and EXPENSIVE, not to mind dangerous risk.

Don't let them make you work for free. YOUR time is worth $$$. Demand compensation for it.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  08:00:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar does have WC insurance that is taken out of your check (if you don't have your own policy) at 2% or less.

Sharon, FL's minimum wage is higher than a lot of states. I'm glad you're happy where you are. Frankly, I wouldn't live near Jacksonville, but that's me. Yes, been there done that.

I have found in the past (hubby's) when caught, the companies that are not paying correctly, will HAVE TO reimburse all back to the workers., even former workers.

99% of the time, I am in control of my working hours, which is one of the requirements of being an IC. I make several decisions within the clients requirements, another requirement. Plus I signed a form stating that I am an independent contractor, another requirement.

I use to do payroll for a payroll company, that worked with employees and independent contractors.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  08:24:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon,
I have worked for SPAR for 4 years and find them to be a very ethical company, our pay rate in Ohio is considerably less than Jacksonville, but so is our cost of living. We are paid mileage and are paid different rates for different stores and jobs. I love this company!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  2:36:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, totally agree with you. If I didn't appreciate Spar the way I do, I would have stayed with a different company.

People that don't want to work for certain companies, shouldn't downgrade those companies. I've found that a lot of people that does this, has has 1 bad experience, but implies that the whole company is bad.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  5:59:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with Spar for 15 years now. And have never had a problem with them. If I didn't like working for them I would have quit a long time ago.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  6:40:54 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mattel TRU/BRU / Mattel - Twirlin Whirlin POP

The reshipment of this item has a return label in the outside packing slip carrier. This is a goback even if it is not labeled task 8.
The POP supplier is expecting the defective POP to be returned with the label from the recently received packing slip carrier.
This is an easy thing to miss. I found no such instruction with the job instructions.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  7:46:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FWIW...

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=179115,00.html

Independent Contractor Defined

People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individual is an independent contractor if the payer has the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not what will be done and how it will be done. The earnings of a person who is working as an independent contractor are subject to Self-Employment Tax.

If you are an independent contractor, you are self-employed. To find out what your tax obligations are, visit the Self-Employed Tax Center.

You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the services are performed.

If an employer-employee relationship exists (regardless of what the relationship is called), you are not an independent contractor and your earnings are generally not subject to Self-Employment Tax.

However, your earnings as an employee may be subject to FICA (Social Security tax and Medicare) and income tax withholding.

For more information on determining whether you are an independent contractor or an employee, refer to the section on Independent Contractors or Employees.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  4:07:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Need to ask a question here. After 3 years of not working for spar(didn't know i was till on the payroll)my old DM has asked if i would do the Sony dvd in a store here. What exactly is involved with this? I know the pay is still $9.50 hr,that hasn't changed.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  7:47:20 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually there are 50 to 80 pockets. Time budget is normally about an hour for service visits and 1.5 hours for full resets including inventory of returns and product in the fixture. Inventory is reported by hand or via a hand held unit. As your DM to issue you an hand held as that is less time consuming. IF the system goes down, the hand held will keep your data until it may be reported. Otherwise, you enter the data by hand which is time comsuming and as far as I know, you are not paid for report and data entry at home.
Frequency of visits varies by the location.

I've been doing these for about two years now.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  7:54:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly: You go in and it depends on the store: kroger/Fred Meyer has a 4 way display and office depot has a 2 sided display withsaddlebags(wire racks) on 1 or both ends.
At OD you check in with manager, check to see if they have any dvds in backstock, straighten the display back to pog,report out of stocks,and do a return if needed. Very simple job.
At fred Meyer you check in with the electronics dept. manager,check for backstock,straighten the 4 way display back to pog, report out of stocks, At fred meyer you also have to check the inline for sony and some stores have backstcok in drawers under the music racks. You also do returns if needed. I don't know what else if anything FM does, as I only did a store a couple of months, I do OD all the time. OD is 1 hour,FM was 1 hour when I did it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums