Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  09:40:00 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/redbox-to-acquire-the-assets-of-ncrs-entertainment-line-of-business-nasdaq-cstr-1615655.htm

Blockbuster Express sent out the word to their email customers Feb. 6th including the link above. I shared it up the SPAR chain of command who responded they were aware. Terms will not final until sometime this fall. SPAR and NCR/BB will continue business as usual for some months to come.
I had 11 locations pulled by NCR, but that was business as usual since those locations did not meet the sales quota per machine. That action had nothing to do with the sale to Redbox.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  4:31:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My BBX was removed at the stores request. The owner told me that his lease was up on the machine and that since they had raised the rental prices, the machine had been down by 50% or more on rentals and it wasn't worth it to him to renew the lease on it.They removed the machine last week and it was the only one in the whole area. There are a million redboxs around here some street corners have 4 of them, one at each store located on that corner.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  5:28:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, we have been losing BBX each week at an alarming rate. I am in Ohio, they are expected to be phased out within the next 4-5 months according to my unnamed SPAR higher up. I went through the same thing a few years ago with DVD Play, no notice, just that our services would no longer be needed one week before Christmas. They were replaced by Redbox also.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  6:12:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This information was sent out to Blockbuster renters months ago that NCR was intending to sell to Redbox in the 3rd quarter (which starts 7/1/2012). I haven't lost any machines and really don't expect to lose any until they all become Redbox. At that time, I expect NOT to be servicing those machines, since Redbox have several reps covering my town.

I've actually have had more work for them, every week, due to all of the pulls. Almost every week, I have a pull, while loading only every other week.

I have heard from customers that when BB went up in price, they quit renting from them, since RedBox didn't go up near as much. Even after Bb said that the new releases were going down to $2, they were still being charged the $3. That, of course, upset the customer and we lost some more.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  7:57:43 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not noticed the drop in my paycheck due to loss NCR/BB service until last week when my work load was almost zip.
Overall, SPAR has sold our services so well that I have had to decline some work. I have to look at a calendar to believe 4th quarter is over.
Next week, SPAR will make up for it in spades.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  01:56:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff I totally agree about the amount of work, I am working today (Sunday) I am so slammed. SPAR is great, I didn't mean to suggest that they weren't, love them!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  1:26:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm overloaded this next week also. I'm taking another week off of school, or at least some of it, just to get everything done. I haven't noticed any decrease in my checks, actually I've been getting more NCR work than usual, with all of the pulls.

Spar is the only company that I'm doing work for at this time, I don't think I could add anything else.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  11:07:18 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have Mood Music in Michaels, etc, remember there are two FEDEX shipments. The display, chip etc came yesterday. The batteries came today (Saturday).

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  11:11:56 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your job boards. My NCR/BB blue boxes work must be done on Monday since they are sending an extra shipment to two of my locations. The extra shipment is 34 pounds. The regular shipment is about 3 pounds. Oh ... I forgot to mention task 26 there too. Time budgeting Monday will be so much fun.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  12:01:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, Task 51 is required for Monday, only kiosks with task 51. Mine aren't included. Plus note, each kiosk will need their own separate box on task 26, instead of putting them all together like we were doing. Last week, I had a kiosk that had 4 dvds to be returned, seems like a waste of their postage money, IMHO.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  5:47:26 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have not visited your TRU this week, re-communicate your handheld. There were some errors in the call form and returns setup this week. It appears the returns error was not fixed. IF you are OOS Moneyball DVD or Zookeeper DVD, then I advise you to report your TRU manually to properly report the OOS.
It appears the callform problem was addressed.
I had to manually report one store and HH my other one.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  08:13:18 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Double check your job board. Evanflo task 1 was loaded last week. Task 2 was loaded within the past 12 hours. I received 2 racks yesterday. Instead of having an extra rack, I now am a rack short with 3 stores to visit. Open window is the same yesterday to Friday.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  3:50:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up, I looked yesterday and planned to work only today for this week. Long day, but only 1 trip into town. Now I've got to go back into town for this special job only. I'm upset about it. I barely have enough gas money for 1 more trip into town until we receive our next check, hopefully Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. I don't appreciate changing the schedule at the last minute. They could have at least let us have til next week for those of us that have other things in our life. Sorry, I had to vent.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  8:14:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't mind working for SPAR, I did when I lived in CO for the last 6 months, but I was doing the number crunching the other day, and with their low pay along with contractor status, it came to WAY below min wage after taxes and expenses. If you use them to supplement your income, fine, but I don't be recommending them anyone for work that doesn't already do other IC work or doesn't know the rules!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  05:58:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brian, I agree that any company that pays the IC way and doesn't pay at least $12-15 per visit (less than 1 hr) usually doesn't allow for minimum wage UNLESS you can make several visits in one day within a certain number of miles. Personally I haven worked for any company (lately) that pays minimum wage after taxes and expenses AND IC. Even the employee companies are pushing very close to that, after expenses that are unreimbursed.

Merchandising is not something to live on, UNLESS you can find at least 40 regular ongoing work, IC or not. Those that can, have their personal expenses down to a manageable level, meaning NOT alot of bills.

For me, Spar does that for me, but I have other money coming in monthly.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  7:23:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was working full time and used SPAR for beer money and such. Now that I'm doing this full time again, the last thing I want to do is run all around town to make 12 bucks!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  08:35:45 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
More fun ... A couple of weeks ago in one location, I added 150 DVDs via task 51. Two weeks later, I pulled 100 DVDs via task 26.
Now I have another task 51 for Monday. Judging by the weight, I estimate it to be about 150 DVDs. That box was delivered to the store last Thursday.
Normal shipments are sitting at UPS set for normal Monday delivery.
Store also has a task 26 scheduled.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  12:24:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I have 3 tasks 51 at same location with pulls(task 26) on same day. Good thing since I have nothing else except KM for this week or even last week. Last week, I was able to do all the NCR/BBX on Tuesday ALONG with the KM. But this coming week, Must do on Monday for NCR, and KM can't be done until Tuesday. It's not worth my driving into town just to do 75 minutes of time. I'll be spending as much for gas as I'll make. It would be nice to be able to work all of it on one day, but doesn't look like it this coming week.

Hopefully, I'll have some more work next week. As it is the check after next, will add up to maybe $100 if I'm lucky. Hope it doesn't continue, or I'll have to look for more work from other companies. I gave up all of my other companies and stayed with Spar when I had more work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  9:31:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear this, Marla. But it seems this is happening more and more. You used to be able to count on a certain amount of work and hours and now you don't even have that. It's all changing monthly and weekly, nothing is secure or for certain and everything is just up in the air constantly. It's very exhausting and frustrating to say the least. And the worst part is calling or emiling your supervisors and having to beg for more work or asking them if anything is coming up. I really hate that part. These managers have no clue as to what we go through or how we live. If I were you, I would seek out more work from some other companies. I am working for so many now that I wonder how long I will be able to even keep it all under control and organized anymore. I don't know how the heck I do it now. lol Constant juggling and organized chaos. That is also very tiring. Hang in there and I hope something breaks for you soon. You just cannot depend on anything for sure or put all your eggs into one basket. Heck, my tiny eggs are scattered all over the place and I still have no certainty.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  08:39:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My manager understands since she's working some of it herself. I gave up the other companies since I had too much work, now I don't have enough. I just checked with another company for 1 job 1x month. Don't know if it's worth it or not.

Only thing I can count on is the government check, as little as it is. And of course, it's a joke also. Just think it's supposed to be here on a certain date.

I'm sure things will pick up, just as soon as I hire on with other companies, then I won't have enough time, again.

Glad my bills are very low, people can't believe that we can live on less than $1,000 per month.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums