Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  4:01:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness, F$ visits are next week, so an extra $20 or so.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Christina L.

Whitehall, PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  1:51:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got hired by this company. I have some questions, 1. Do all IC get HH?? And what can I expect from this company? Is it fairly straight forward, share some tips with me! Ty
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  5:12:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, only reps that work for Sony or do other video jobs, get them. The HH can be anywhere from large clunky to ones the size of iPhones. I've had 3 so far, 2 clunky and now a new MC65. This new one is so great in comparison, I can't describe.

Email me with more details, I'll be happy to give you the rep's side. I've been with Spar for over 4 years.

Also, more work next week. the last 2 weeks have been really slow and I was worried, but now back to normal. Thank goodness.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  5:16:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Christina, you will not have to worry about a paycheck, they come right on schedule. Over the 4 years, I've only had 1 check delayed and I was emailed about it.

I've gave up almost all other companies due to the regularly of work and pay that Spar gives me.

They don't have direct deposit and raises are slow if at all, only downside IMHO.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  08:17:16 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Philips -Norelco IRC placement - scheduled for today if possible. I'm still waiting fir the stickers to get here.

Late this morning, the Package Shipment Status on my SPAR account was updated to reflect the FEDEX overnight shipment tracking.

Reps may enter the FEDEX tracking number on the Fedex tracking page and then setup a notification to themselves when the package is delivered.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

JennKane

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  5:28:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so family dollar stores... they add more work for $4-6 more dollars... one word ... RIDICULOUS...
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  08:50:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have training tomorrow.

I hope it's not all Family Dollar stores. I live in a fairly remote area and travel regularly for work with another company, but I sure don't want to pick up remote locations for next to nothing as an IC. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  04:39:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kris, if you were hired for a certain town(s) AND there isn't another rep, you will have everything for that area. Be sure your DM knows how far you are driving and how long, they can help some if it's justified. I've always kept a 25-30 miles as a limit before asking. That's not a total, but 25-30 one-way OUT of my normal working area. Never been refused some.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  06:43:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip, Marla. I live about 25 miles from the WI/MN border, so I work both states. It's difficult to find reps for this area because of the driving, so I will be sure to take it up with both managers when the stores are off my regular work commute.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  09:35:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Spar, is one of your DM GK? If so, she's mine also. I think she covers MN

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  2:08:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BBX machines are gravy jobs. F$ stinks, but can get done fast once you figure out a system. They will send you to WM twice a year for a Phillips project and Lego project, both a waste of time IMHO since every one I did was done when I arrived. Those jobs are just packing out stuff, so if your WM is bad at that, there is work for you!

I second the person who said let them know your driving. Heres what you do, tell them upfront that you only want your town or ones that you regularly go to. Regularly meaning that you could afford to go there for a 10 dollar job. THEN, they won't listen, so when they add the other locations, tell them thats not what you were told is your service area and they're going to have to pay you access pay if they want you to go there. It works, happened to me. I had a BBX machine I had to do 30 mi away, because that rep quit, but it was in the mountains, and took about 50 minutes to get there, so they paid me $35 EXTRA per trip.

All in all when I quit I had made about 200 per month with them, give or take some. My route was the following...
2 BBX machines
2 Sony stores (same as BBX stores so wasn't bad)
1 F$
1 WM

The BBX and Sony stores were the only weekly or bi weekly jobs. F$ was once a month, and WM was twice a year. Spar is alright in my book, the pay is crap and its IC so your not making alot, but other than that nothing really bad to say about the company. Nothing good either besides the fact that they have work you can count on from month to month.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  11:40:23 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Double check your assignment dates very carefully on your job board. There are or were up to three chains with conflicting dates or multiple assignments that can be done in the same trip only if you allocate enough time and double check assignment due dates.
i.e. TRU has two jobs. One is deadline Tuesday and the other can be done later in the week.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  06:06:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff for your good eyes, I missed that. It's not changing my schedule, was planning on doing it Tues, anyway. Now I realize that I have to get it done Tues.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  08:19:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, those initials match the MN DM, but I haven't heard anything from her at this point. The WI DM has been in touch with me, but given my location, she has nothing in my area. I just sent an email to the recruiter, asking her if she could get me in touch with GK so I can get busy. I have another phone interview today with another company, a set route on the WI side of the border, and I'd like to give SPAR a chance to be on my calendar before it fills up.

Kind of disappointed, actually. The orientation conference call was some craziness, IMO. Necessary, to be sure, to learn how the web reporting works, but there were a few people on the call that made me scratch my head. Where did they find them? Who knows, but there were at least one on the call who had no idea how to follow the basic instructions in the email to participate in the conference call, the person running it had to constantly remind people to mute their lines because all that could be heard was background mumbles, and some of the questions coming in weren't coming from anyone who has done MS or merchandising or even retail before.

Better to know now than later, I suppose.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  10:51:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The recruiter told me she'd forward my email to the DM; still nothing from the DM. I just sent the recruiter another email telling her it's obvious that the stores they were advertising on NARMS to staff are no longer available, and I have worked as an IC enough to know that when there is no communication with the DM, every job becomes an emergency.

I also told her I was sorry it didn't work out.

I wouldn't want that recruiting job, that's for sure. I can't imagine this is the first time it's happened.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  3:25:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kris, email me with your info, I'll pass it on directly. don't know if it will help, but I'll try. Even if someone has been hired to do that work, I've found that several people have hired on and stayed MAYBE 2 weeks.

I've been thru 4 supervisors, but only one DM. She knows that I'm there for her when she needs me. That's what counts.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  3:19:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone lost a BBX/Ncr since the announcement?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  07:41:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, after I sent that last email to the recruiter, she sent another email to the DM that she cc'd to two other people. Then I heard from her via email, as I was working. "How far are you from (store I was recruited for)? I'll see if I have any work for you."

I responded, and she asked for all of the towns in MN that I regularly visit, and added that the rep for the store I was recruited for decided to continue to work it. This after I sat through the conference call of misery! I have pretty high standards as to what I will put up with, and lack of common courtesy and communication in a timely fashion are way up there at the top of my list.

Everything happens for a reason, and I've been hired with a different company for a 3 store route close to home once a week, and that works just fine for me. That DM there is very good about communication. She's driving all the way up here to the boonies early Monday morning to do my first store with me. I appreciate that, and it's more along the lines of being a two way street in terms of respect and expectations. It's the main reason I'd rather work as an employee than as an IC.

I mystery shopped enough to know that IC's are pretty disposable. Employees, not so much.

Thank you for your offer of help!!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  10:26:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had any trouble from her. I've got her home, business, and cell phone number. She is now handling 2 district that they have put into 1, supervising 2 supervisors, and several hundred reps.

Glad you found something else.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  1:45:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone PM me the email addy for the WI DM? My old supervisor KZ passed along my name but I never heard anything. I'd like to get ahold of him/her myself. I left on good terms with the company so I want to see if they're all full around here or if my name was never passed on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums