Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  1:30:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar and Archway both have many 15 minute jobs. They expect you to do these for nothing. If it is against the law someone needs to put a link on here so we can report all the companies.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  3:00:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SPAR is very prompt about sending earnings form for taxes.This is the only co. I work for that has sent anything so far.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  6:20:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
National In-Store can be included in your count. The lowest I've received is $6.00 for a 20 min. drive. and $7.40 for a 45 min. assignment.
Another thing is the instructions on one assignment said may take 1 1/2 to reset an end-cap and the Letter of Authorization to Manager said 1 hr. for end-cap. Either 3' or 4'. Mine was 4'.

On ther survey to enter report did not ask how long it took me they can delete this question if they want to. This means they're giving 1 hr.

I called my supervisor before I left and told it may take me over 1 hr. I also had an audit included in assignment sheet. I was told to call her if it did. I don't think we should stop on our job to call at that time when we're tring to get the job done as soon as possible and leave to complete the report on-line. Which is not included within the 1 hr.

The report surveys on-line are starting NOT to ask you how long you took.

I've had a better working relationship with Certified Merchandising in reporting things like this affter the job is done.

Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

T. Hester
Apprentice

Clinton, MD
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  9:10:49 PM  Visit T. Hester's Homepage  Send T. Hester an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hated spar. I worked for htem for almost 3 years and never got a raise. I was making less then what merchandiser where making. That why i did them p/t until i got better offers and got snatched up. The only reason i had stayed with spar as long as I did is because i enjoyed doing the eckerd store and had good PR with the people in them. I miss the people in the eckerd.

Tracy
~~Part of MayLaTex~~
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  1:38:18 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on that Independent Pharmacy job with a drug company? I was just offered four stores in my area. It sounds great!!
Go to Top of Page

RhondaTN
Contributor

Milan, TN
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  7:17:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Katherine,

I work with Spar as an Independent Pharmacy merchandiser and I love it. The first time, I was trained by my District Manager. I am very happy that it worked out that way and that I wasn't thrown in without training. Although I have worked various merchandising assignments for the past 7 years, the Independent Pharmacy jobs are different from the other work I do.

Pay has always been on time and fair. I've never had any trouble with communication either. The website is user friendly once you learn your way around it and paperwork is shipped to you. There's hardly ever any printing to do yourself.

Hope that helps & good luck!
Rhonda

Rhonda
Silver Certified!!
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  12:09:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working the pharmacy program for Spar, and I also worked it for the company that had it prior to Spar. I have just been accepted a quality control supervisor position for this program, training merchandisers (like eyes and ears for the DM) and auditing their work.I think you'll like the program and enjoy the work. Spar pays in a reasonable amount of time and they are very good about getting the materials out to you. They do not pay what we call mileage. Instead they call it an "access fee" per store. Please make sure you ask for this fee.

One thing I do for my pharmacies that they absolutely love...I take a different area each time and check for outdated or near dated products and pull them off the shelf. It seems like these small independents just do not have the man hours to do this regularly. They really appreciate things like that.

The only thing that I wish is that we would be employees instead of ICs.

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  12:27:20 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a little leery about applying because of all the bad things I have read, but I am finding it really depends on the DM in your area. I took the four pharmacies and was trained today. This isn't your average merchandising job. There are alot of quirks of working in a store that isn't used to a merchandiser. There is alot of brain work, which I am ready for. I wish alot of other jobs were like this. There is alot of paperwork but she said unlike other SPAR jobs, EVERYTHING is mailed to you. It seemed the store we visited will be a joy to work in. They appreciated everything we did. I am fortunate that the stores are very close although she did say that if I wanted outlying stores, she would negotiate the access thing. Seems like this one is a keeper!
Katherine
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  3:18:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Katherine!SPAR does at least pay ontime.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  4:15:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone taken their employee survey which includes topics like would you like more hours, what other companies do you work for and how does Spar pay compare to other service companies?

If you did and answered honestly, did it negatively impact your future work with them?
Go to Top of Page

SuzieMartin
Apprentice

Galion, Ohio
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  4:19:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have or should say had worked for Spar for almost a year, in their Independant Pharmacy Project. Our DM changed twice in this time and the last DM whom was in place for two months fired me because I did not meet her at one store the farthest away from me (1 hr.15min one way) to do my monthly visit when I had already finished my visit for the month when I recieved her request to meet within two days and had no way to notify her other than on site and then did not know if she would get it in time. The day she wanted to meet she phoned my house and got my machine - She proceeded to state that she had visited all of my stores and that none of my 5 stores ever heard of me and I was fired point blank.

To bad I had other things scheduled that could not be changed for another company. Afterall I also work for a living and have to work when I can.

Now, keep in mind that I did work for them for almost a years time and one of the pharmacies I serviced was also my personal pharmacy in my home town and I know everyone that works there on a social level. Attend church with some and some their children and mine play together or attend school together so we see each other all the time around town. So ask yourself this - Why would a store that I have been a customer in for over 30 years and was servicing on a monthly basis for a year say they did not know me? I have doubts they would or did.

I will say this they are prompt with payment and very thought with the paperwork and shipments of materials. Just use your own judgement. Alot of times it is not the company as much as a scheduler who finds in nessecary to remind you they are the "BOSS"

Suzie
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  5:06:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I answer that survey every year, and I answer it truthfully and honestly, I have gave negative answers to some questions, IE:pay to other companys,poor,etc. I have been with them for 9 years now, and it has not affected my hours or anything.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  10:11:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their check for June 29th? They are usually good about making sure the checks are available a day or two before the actual payday. I have not received mine yet and hope the PO has not lost it or misdelivered it . Sure would be nice if they would pay with PayPal or direct deposit!

GloriC Striving to be the BEST. Shopping with honesty, integrity and an angel by my side!
Go to Top of Page

Becky A

OH
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  03:31:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My check arrived in Friday's mail.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  12:42:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Becky A

My check arrived in Friday's mail.
Thank you Becky, I will look again on Monday since it appears several have received their check. It could be my "backwoods" PO. They are infamous for putting the wrong mail in the wrong Post Office box .They have even returned a bill to the Credit Card company because, when someone gave the Postal clerk the piece of mail back saying it went to the wrong box, they thought it was addressed wrong! Boy, did that set well with the Credit Card company! Thankfully, there was a kind soul at the cc company that was sympathetic and reversed the late fees!

GloriC Striving to be the BEST. Shopping with honesty, integrity and an angel by my side!
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  6:21:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got my check yesterday Mail must have been slow- our postal workers are OVER worked! Just like some merchandisers.

Go to Top of Page

CharlotteAM

High Ridge, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  11:48:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seasoned ICs with Spar's Independant Pharmacy Project i could really use some advice. My DM has just taken on this project so she too is riding this ride for the first time.

Okay, here's my story:

I started merchandising with Spar begining of May 2007. Prior to this I had held positions in light merchandising and had set up a local Target store for grand opening, so I have experience. My first assigned store I visit 2 days week for dvd merchandising, One of those days I also service the games department for a couple of hours. Once I made it thru my Promo set up I was then given another assignment 2 more stores 1 day a week each / dvd merchandising. O>M>G> I am still trying to figure out a system to keep myself with in the allotted time, but I'm getting really close with these 2 and I've think I've finally gotten my swing of the things for the ones I m mentioned at first.

But.....here's the kicker. Stupid me gets offered 3 pharmacies for Monthly visits. I think no problem, sure I'll take them, I knew that it would different from the other assignments, by now I could really use a day or two inwhich DVD's do not cross my mind, right?? WRONG!!!! These are the most challenging and time consuming of them all. The DM was great at trying to help me along, I tryed to prepare by reading over the Job instructions again and agian and again, went to train with front end spar trainer at a location that was not a pharmacy of mine. Outcome?-------EVEN more confused, and then I go to visit My first Pharmacy, and what do you know?????? All shelving in store is only 48inches in height------ all of the many planograms of section/catagory to be updated/reset for the month of July are at least 56inches SQUISH and Squish some more, not to mention a majority of products in store are not on POG, oh and because of store's location most of the items shown on POG will not be carried at this store. 5 hours later, and now time to see which label sets to order for September's HHC reset. I never received copies of HHC reset pog's to reference for this visit, I even tryed to request them, might as well been talking foriegn language cause I was told they would not be available untill September. Well gotta answer all call form questions, and since this pharmacy really needs HHC reset and possible expanded, the pharmacitst and I choose the label sets by footage and discription. September is here now, label sets in which I ordered can now be seen as POG's --Sooo many items that pharmacist does not want to carry. AAAGGGGHHHHHH.

I did get to meet with my the newest DM for my area, She drove down to get a better idea of how store visits are, and it's a good thing cause she got to see what kinda mess I've signed up for. I mean she and I worked for nearly 3 hours straight, moving items from shelves to proper sections, moving like items with like items, to clear shelves/space and to get some sorta order and game plan for attacking this store. This store has potiential, and space to work with, and a pharmacist that is willing to expand. They now have an IC (me) that has a terrible time setting shelves POG when technically I haven't any POG's to reference, just a page with merchandising stratigies for this catagory. GREAT, SUPER!! Now all I have to do is read each items' box/bottle to figure which of the 4or5 shelves it should most likely go on. Sounds like an easy one. NOT!!!!

Where am I going wrong. Some one please throw me a bone here. Am I making this way more difficult than it is supposed to be????? My DM is very new, she is learning just as I am, That was the main reason she came into town, to see the visit proceedure in action and to personally meet with the pharmacists and a few other ICs.

Why do I feel I need a crew to get these assignments completed. I have finally finished my September visit(talk about cutting it close to deadline) But I still have to return to store for third visit so that I can complete HHC. It's started, but not completed.

Sorry if I rambled on but hey, don't know how else to explain my delima(s).

Anyone have any suggestions???

I've got another busy week ahead of me, and I hope to find a way to speed things up a little but I've been sick since last Saturday, not much time for resting body to get better with planogram squishing on the brain. I mean last week Sun=Sicker than a dog/ Monday=7hours /Tues=8hours /Wed=10hours /Thurs=12hours /Friday=12hours/ Sat=6hours from time I left my house untill I returned back to home.

I am not a person that walks away without being satisified with end results. However it hurts when I just keep banging my head againts a brick wall and run in circles. That is exactly what I feel I have been doing.

CharlotteAM

I think I can, I think I can, I know I will, I know I will

Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

Jane Walshing
Valued Contributor

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  05:30:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Charlotte, I believe you are to work with the store and keep/get rid of what they want. They may have an item they want to keep in there, so keep it. I know the POG's don't work in the stores. So you have to wing it. Just make yours as close to what is on the POG as possible.

Since these are independent stores, just be sure to work with them and don't get rid of something they want to keep and don't add something they don't want.

And most likely no two will be alike, almost none will be like the POG so again, just set it as close as possible. There isn't much more you can do. As long as you verify with each store how they want things, you will be fine. You will have to do some creative thinking in some cases. May have to cut down facings, and logically create a good looking set with the POG used merely as your guide.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  09:20:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working with SPAR in the Independant Pharmacy program for about 5 months. I know the pogs can be really frustrating not to mention the little chips that you have to place on the shelves. I have one store whose shelves cannot hold ANY of the chip set sizes so I have to take a pair of scissors and cut them down a sliver. When I have talked with my DM, she told me the pogs are guidelines not mandates for these pharmacies. As far as not having enough room- when I show the Manager the new items list, we talk about which ones they think they will use and try to order the "A" items if there isn't enough room for all products. I also pull deleted items or items further down the rank on the PHistory report(with their permission and none of the stores I work with care what I do as long as it looks good to them and I show them the work I have done before I leave.)The bottom line is, with these IP stores you have to be creative in tackling the assignments.

I also have some of the DVD resets. Those are pretty easy but I don't care for the return process. When I do returns it ALWAYS takes more time because the managers are usually very busy and do not want to sit with you while you process returns. However, all three stores that I work with have been polite about working the returns (it is money back into their store.) I work a new store that cannot get items in for the DVD section or the inline phones (another company guys.) So, I have to listen to the manager for about 10 minutes asking why the store isn't getting shipments. I imagine they will get ALL of the items I requested on the same day-- won't that be fun

I really like working with my DM so far. I never have a problem requesting more time for the pharmacy store: if I go over the alotted time I email my DM and she normally arranges for me to be paid. The DVD stores are not as "giving" with extra time or access fees. They always pay on time (just wish they had DDeposit or PayPal.) My Post Office has not always delivered the check on time but that is not SPARs fault.

So far all

Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  12:49:25 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
First of all, You CANNOT do this job without plannograms. It is impossible...and no rep should be sent into a store to do a reset without one. It's not fair. I would request one from your DM.

With the HHC, a survey was done in July about what the store wanted done. Did you do that survey? There are alot of things that McKesson does not supply the store so we would not reset.

FInally, this job isn't like most others where you need to make the set look like the pog. The plannogram has a page with color coded blocks. Since each of the independents are just that,independent, they may not have everything on it. Or have too much that is NIS (not in set). Use the color coded blocks to mentally section what goes where. It's like a puzzle. Make sure all the products that are in that category color code are kept together. (ie: Upper Respiratory- all nose sprays are together, all cold products are together, all allergy products) Use the pog as a guide. They are going to have more un pog'd product than stuff that is actually on the set. Check for expired products are you go. Use the purchase report to show the store what the top products are. If they have top products, theoretically it should be profitable for the store.

Each time you do a store, it gets better. You begin to get product knowledge and that makes things go easier. If you have never done health and beauty products before there is a learning curve. Keep your DM informed.

THanks
Katherine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums