Like you said Larry, you don't know.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  05:48:37 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suspect this may be the GO TEAM. They reset entire stores. They move or install fixtures and set merchandise to POG.

The other possibility is the McKession group which is more focused in drug store chains like Walgreen or CVS. (Examples as I do no know the actual clients). There are followup visits at least monthly. I know a merchandiser that did this for a while and loved it.

Like any company, success depends a lot on you and how you get along with your District Manager (DM). I have been under two DMs in a different work group. I get along well with both of them. I think that to be true of the majority of DMs as I hear from other merchandisers.

Pay is based on a schedule which considers cost of living in different markets. AFAIK, it is usually hourly wages until you progress into management. I do not know what happens then. Paydays are mailed out every other Friday. There is no direct deposit; so I would ask about getting paychecks to where you are going to be assigned since you are going to be on the move.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MikeRMO

MO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  2:49:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Jeff. It does sound like the GO TEAM you mention. As of yet I have not sent a resume, I should work up to doing that, lol.

Just not sure about the 60 hours a week, that is why I suspected it may be salary, trying to skim by with a $35,000 offer would just not be worthwhile. Now, if it is around $18+ hourly, plus all the OT, maybe I could be road worthy one last time. They do have in the listing, direct deposit available.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  05:08:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The regular Spar reps were not offered direct deposit unless just lately. I would love to have it. I'll have to ask again.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  08:11:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have not been offered DD. Would be nice.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  12:57:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 1 of my 4 in return mode last week. The other 3 are still working normally so far. Were yours at Speedway? one customer service reps stated that all of the machines were being removed from them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  06:12:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All of my machines are either in return mode or gone. That cuts my pay from Spar in 1/2. Now is the time to decide whether it will be worth continuing or not. I have some other work, but maybe it's time to figure something else out, I've been busy enough without merchandising, but the checks had been nice.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  06:21:43 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd give you some of mine, but you are too far away. I'm overbooked this week. (90% SPAR) True last week was completed too quickly.
SPAR provided extra work this week to more than make up for some of the gone blue boxes. I have two left unless they are set to return today.
Moving the jobs to Tuesday didn't help any. That's my busy day. KM half the day today, two TRU, two OMax new to me assignments, and a hardware audit. All today.
Additionally - I have two pool packaways and a zoo to do.
Personal problems are on top of that.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  12:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
this week, I have the zoo, pool pack-away, reg KM, some Hardware store work (which they always refuse), along with 3 NCRs (newly return mode) and 1 NCR (last visit for return mode), and a TRU and a staples. Along with going to school full-time and trying to finish our house, so that we can move in before it gets cold. All the house stuff needs to be finished within 2-3 weeks and we still have all those little things that have to be done before occupancy.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  12:02:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their check today? Normally, I receive it on Monday, but it wasn't in the mailbox. Very windy here, but the rest of the mail was in the mailbox. Of course, this week, I really NEED it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  8:14:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No I haven't gotten mine yet either, Marla. And mine usually comes on Mondays also.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  11:39:32 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine was in Monday's mail as usual. I am just outside of Omaha, Nebraska.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  06:57:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear yours hasn't come in either, but glad I qasn't the only one. I'm in Indiana.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  05:40:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received my check on tuesday, just a day late, but no problem otherwise. Hope everyone gets theirs. I knew I'd get it, just wondered if there was a delay (like someone forgot to take to mailbox, I've done that before).

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  06:17:21 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit steamed. With the latest upgrade/revision of the Android reporting, I decided to give it a try. For most of my jobs, it was ok. Then I went whole hog and started to use it for the OD Sony reset. I spent a excessive amount of time on pictures, RTS and the like. Lo and behold, there was no product count nor return nor the new Inventory on the Android version.
Fortunately I did have my HH, but I wasted a bunch of time on the pics and RTS with pictures. NONE of that matters as I was not able to file that report.
IF any of you are using the Android for reporting purposes, I would be interested in your views. I just started using it since the latest revision.

UPDATE: They have addressed the majority of these issues effective the week following. So, I have the ability to do what I was not able the week I wrote this.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  2:24:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thought about using it, but I have such terrible service, that I decided NOT to use it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  07:32:24 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now What!!!!

Today is Thursday.
They rolled back the start date to Wednesday for two stores and the reading glasses.
They added four shaver stores in one chain starting today into the middle of next week when no store wants to see us.
They are in the process of adding more shaver jobs in at least two chains starting tomorrow into the middle of next week when no store wants to see us.

So much for a week of ease.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  11:53:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my shaver job was this week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  4:26:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else noticed that we have a Blitz on Black Friday???

are they crazy??

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  5:09:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only see three full service OD visits.
Like Henry Ford's model Ts. May be done any day between this Friday and this Friday.
Weekly Visit Guide:
quote:
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to short notice, Office Depot W47 visits are voluntary.***

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums