Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  2:54:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I seen that the visit dates were only 11/23, can't read messages. It says have 5 messages, but when I click on message board, message board says NO messages.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  7:47:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I getthe same notice on my message board.
The OD visit basically is just to make sure that the store has printed the signage for the black Friday sale that runs thru Sunday and check a couple of dvds to make sure they are scanning at the sale price. Thats the instruction that I got from my DM.
And that they are volunteer so you don't get dinged if you don't do them.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  12:12:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't relax too much.
I checked my ODs on the job board. All three of them received two shipments (Monday and Wednesday) this week, One store received one last week.

We are blitzing all my seven Sony locations next Friday (11/30).

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  12:07:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey sue, just found out that since I was using a 'favorite' instead of typing in the sparinc.com, I had trouble. After typing sparinc.com and going thru that way, I could see all my messages and the new format. Very nice looking, I just didn't realize that they went thru an update.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  8:23:34 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Keep an eye on your job board. They are in the process of adding additional locations for this Friday Blitz. One chain will just about double the number of my blitz stops.
The assignments are on my cell phone, but not on my regular job board just yet.
No guarantees, but I would most certainly update your HH Friday AM.

=========
Last Friday's voluntary OD jobs never did come up in the HH nor my cell phone. I ended up doing them for gas money when another company made an offer I would not refuse Friday afternoon.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  8:35:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Marla, Thanks for letting me know. I deleted my old spar off of my favorites list and put the new one. Now I can read my messages.

Jeff:
My DM sent out a message this afternoon saying the add. stores for fridays blitz should be on our job boards Weds. morning.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2012 :  06:05:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, glad I could help. My DM told me about it. I'm glad to share tips, after all that's why we're here, right? To help each other.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  6:26:16 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Double Check your BRU job. At this writing, I hope SPAR provides more info on the job board. As it stands, we are allowed up to FOUR HOURS for this task. We are dependent on the store having a instruction/POG book in the back room.
Also ... there is a product pull and park in the back room.

TWO photos required.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  07:02:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have BRU, sounds like I'm glad.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2012 :  10:50:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My OD's are not showing a BOGO this week, so far have checked at 2 stores.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  07:51:49 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Make sure you reload your HH per the message board.
Also see message board and Hot Sheets regarding KM SBT.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

PhilipR
Apprentice

Ardmore, OK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  05:49:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does it normally take you guys to get your access pay? 1 check after the job? 2 checks? Just curious how long everyone is having to wait to be paid for their out of pocket expenses.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  5:29:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends upon when your DM adds it to their reports. If you're waiting on some, contact your DM. Sometimes they are so busy that it gets overlooked. They don't just sit back and tell people what to do, they work too.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  7:58:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My access little as it is, is on the same check as the job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  05:56:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I started, I had a regular access since I only had 1 store and I got it on the same check. Now, I don't have a regular access, but I email me DM as soon as I get home from doing the job. I furnish her with j/w/t chain and store, along with agreed upon access. It makes it easier for her to enter the access.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  07:02:56 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are doing the zoo project in the Wal-Marts this week, good news.
The client shipped the new install product sorted by shelf. TG!!
It made a major positive difference compared to previous years.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  12:12:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have experience with Spar on the Pharmacy New store set-ups? I have been asked to travel 3 hours away to help set up a new store. They say will pay the hotel and exspenses etc? I have worked with them years ago with DVDs and the pay was super low. I have not made the decision yet would like to see some feedback as to what you were paid; if they paid upfront, and paid all they said etc. They make is sound great but we all know they all do that.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  2:59:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't done any of the store setups, but I have done work for them for the past 5 years. When I was promised something, I got it. I was never promised any money up-front, but I did get everything that was agreed to.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  4:05:09 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
People who start in that division are often paid at a higher rate. When I get calls or emails for that work, they expect me to do it at my lower SPAR merchandiser rate.
If you have the manager who offered the extra terms email you that information, then it should be good.
My problem with the three hours is the milage paid historically is very low compared to other companies. Geting paid time AND milage at SPAR has not happened in my experience. Get them to state precisely these terms you listed in the email. Do not accept generalized phrases.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  4:27:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I have received both on occasion.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums