Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  09:36:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Jeff.
So, from what I'm piecing together, the only way to get paid fairly for time spent on a job is to do reports on site, on the clock. No prob there- a tablet or netbook, stay til report complete, get mgr signature. Do all printing to PDF, go paperless. Do online training AFTER arriving at site, on the clock again. OK, do-able.

But agreeing with Sandi- wish I could take back many of the bad things I said about CRI. Compared to what I'm hearing about Spar reporting, CRI's system worked well for me. Very few outages, Sony full inventory reports achievable in 10-15 minutes each, and no penalties if reporting went beyond midnight. CRI had a bad rep for low pay, or so we thought. Compared to Spar, I'm thinking CRI paid much more fairly - low base rates, but better negotiable rates for perms.

Guess I'll be one of those to sit back and wait.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  11:58:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiG, I'm glad you got your inventory entered, sorry, If I had been on, I would have contacted you and helped out.

Ellinbeth, I've found with my experience, if you have a 30 minute or less job, it becomes a 'project pay' job, OR it's a job that can and should be completed with another job in that store.

If I was able to continue to do the work, my DM/supervisor would have not worried about taken on any Certified/MF reps in my area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  2:15:50 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Thanks again Jeff.
So, from what I'm piecing together, the only way to get paid fairly for time spent on a job is to do reports on site, on the clock. No prob there- a tablet or netbook, stay til report complete, get mgr signature. Do all printing to PDF, go paperless. Do online training AFTER arriving at site, on the clock again. OK, do-able.
I'm not sure all that will work as you outlined. Many of my stores want/allow me there long enough to do the merchandising job and no longer. Some are more tolerant after they are comfortable with you. Please review the RTS overtime sample in your various jobs. Again, you are expected to contact your DM while on site to explain why you are taking longer than the time budget. Lately, that is not all that easy due to the increased number of reps per DM / number of them calling each DM each day and into the night. Failure to do so while on site may be the excuse/reason the extra time pay is refused.
I'm quite sure online training would not be accepted as a reason for exceeding the time budget. IMO, most stores expect you to have a good clue when you walk in the door unless you are OJT with a known rep on scene training you.
Unless you are having problem with the HH or cell phone Android APP or reporting by the cell phone internet data entry app, I doubt report entry would be considered a valid reason for running over the time budget. Those excuses only go so far. You would most likely be instructed to contact the HH support team to solve the problem (unpaid). YMMV.
Reports are on line or by APP, so a tablet or netbook will not be able to report on line unless WiFi is available in store such as Target or one of the office supply stores or you have a cell phone company data plan. Most of the cell phone company data plans have usage caps (with WiFi exceptions)
PDF paperless printing is only as practical as the battery life of your laptop, tablet or netbook. You will still be expected to print as needed the Sony sign in logs for each business location, handouts to the store managers (new title promo sheets) and at least the first report page where the Manager sign off lines are. You are going to need a backup plan for when the battery on your unit dies. Can you reduce printing? YES. How practical is it? YMMV. Like MF, SPAR reserves the right to audit your work including requesting you produce your file copies of the report you filed with the manager/store representative signature. How often that happens is a well-guarded secret and may vary by District. YMMV. That includes faxing the requested report. MF expected me to fax in certain reports. MF people are still in the background running those programs.
You have to weigh the activities you list verse getting your work done. (how many jobs done per day) Doing the "extra" items may burn time you could be earning money doing other jobs...what I call "burning daylight". I am always short on daylight given the number of locations that limit visiting time to 2:30 PM or 3:00 PM either by job instruction or availablity of the key people you need to see in order to accomplish the job.
Examples: I have to be in my Kroger locations prior to 1:00 or the GM may have gone home.
SHOPKO has a written policy that each vendor rep signs stating certain visiting hours.
Some office supply stores have a period of time in the middle of the day forbidding vendor reps being in store those hours. This allows for the store employee lunch periods and runnning the store with the reduced staff during that time.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  8:59:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far, I am liking SPAR. My DM is great and responds to email within a very reasonable amount of time (morning of the next day if I email in the evening). I've even had her respond on a Sat or Sun, which I did not expect! I have the work I had at MFI, minus the Dollar Generals, which were really too far away for me to do anyways. (I requested my DM to not assign me DG's unless they were close to me.)

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  9:46:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks everybody for all this info, what I suspected is true. These $8 jobs are actually $8 and that is just nuts. Going to have to see how this shakes out. Now all I am seeing are theater jobs so I guess I am not really signed up with the new Spar site anyway. Not sure I want to after reading this thread.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  12:45:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I'm hearing, Spar isn't handling the theater jobs. Plus with Spar, you will not 'see' jobs unless you are assigned those jobs. You will see them within 3-5 days of the job starting, usually not before that.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  4:41:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email there is work in my area. I will speak to someone in the morning.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  01:11:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
But you have to be signed up on the "Spar" website to be eligible don't you? I mean they aren't transferring us automatically just because we worked with MF - I never got an email.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  05:02:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied with Spar several times. This is the first time they have contacted me.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  06:41:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb, use my name, you know it. I'll give you reference.

Sometimes it takes awhile after you applied.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  07:09:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelaN

But you have to be signed up on the "Spar" website to be eligible don't you? I mean they aren't transferring us automatically just because we worked with MF - I never got an email.

They did transfer us automatically, but when you log in you have to accept their terms and such to become active. I got an email from my DM at the end of March to welcome me and I had certainly not done a thing on the SPAR site at that point. The log in page is https://mi12.sparinc.com/MsToolsLoginus/MsSparmenu.aspx but I do not see a "forgot my number" link for you to use. The password was the last 4 digits of your SSN.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  1:39:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the number is your merchandiser number.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  2:33:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, thanks for the info. I think I remember your last name. I stand a good chance of getting the job. I am the first to call him. The job sounds great and really good pay... easy and sweet!!~ The company seems to be organized and I have had good communication.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  3:05:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm PMing you Barb

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  04:08:34 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kmart SBT (Sony) - REPLACE the POG before attempting to make sense of your OOS (out of stock) items. The original POG has several incorrect UPC numbers above each title on it. IF you reprint the POG from your current assignemnt, all will go much smoother.
The UPC numbers in the HH or Android are correct.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  05:04:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am getting another call this afternoon or evening. I am pretty I was hired and soooo excited. Like I said, I applied many times to work for Spar and finally got the job!!

Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:11:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
>> .... the number is your merchandiser number.<<<

Didn't work for me, I used my MF Rep ID and last 4 of SS.

I see no "help" or lost password function so I guess I just wait to be contacted.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  1:56:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I meant your Spar Merchandiser Number, not MF's. It was in your welcome email from Spar, or should have been.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  7:40:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never got the email. That is why I was wondering if this was an automatic transfer or not everyone received it.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  09:36:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Angela, if you message me and tell me where you are, I might be able to contact my former DM and find out what's going on.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums