Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  5:18:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired this morning and have 4 locations to visit monthly. It is IC and they pay mileage over 60 miles. Woohoo!!~My DM is patient and thorough. I am happy.

Marla, I doubt if you will get anything for the referral as I had applied a lonnng time ago and multiple times ... I really think he wanted to hire me when we first had the interview on the phone.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  5:59:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's when you're hired. Don't care, I know Spar is getting a good rep.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  8:24:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marla, I sent you a message.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  09:56:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ooops - better check that.

I did put an app in at the Spar site, so maybe that will work.

In the meantime I have had some very disturbing communication with MF.

I asked about being signed up with their other division - not the Certified one and they replied back accusing me of having had two accounts under 2 different socials in past years and SHOPPING under each them !!!

I am in shock. I swiftly wrote back and set them straight (omg that is illegal ...) and demanded a reply or I WILL pursue this. That is one serious allegation.

Has this ever happened to anyone ? All I can figure is they are confusing to similar names. I haven't moved in 24 years so it should be easy to confirm my innocence.

PS Marl - just put Angela@ .... and then the rest as my email address and it should get to me.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  3:13:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok, I'll try that.

No such luck.

I'll just post it, since you can tell me the answers by email.

To find out your MCID, I'll need exact state/area and exact name, with all contact info, phone/address and such. I will NOT share except with supervisor/DM.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  8:08:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla

Thanks so much, I sent you an email with all the current / correct info.
I will need to correct my info on here, thought I did it once.
Go to Top of Page

CyndiK
Trainee

Wyoming
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  1:29:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too come from MF. I had 7 DG stores, plus a little other work. My DG stores should be scheduled for next week, and so far I have nothing. I have a good working relationship with the store managers, and need the work. I contacted my DM and she knows nothing. Said if they turn up she will let me know. I feel like I've been scammed. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  4:58:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think the DG assignments will be until June but nobody at Spar has them right now or knows when the next round is. I did a special visit at one of my stores for a fixture change a couple weeks ago and the calendar in the paperwork did not indicate a regular visit was planned in May for any of the stores. It said new fixture installs only for each week.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  7:22:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You had a set schedule for the Sony visits with MFI? The only time I had a schedule was for brand new stores that got visits for three weeks after I did the install at store opening. Other than that, all 25 of my stores were on the "surprise, here's the next round" form of scheduling. They averaged every three months, with some being every other month and some having a 4-month span. Having just done them at the very end of March, plus some of the spinner to inline conversions just being done, I don't expect to see them again until June.

I'm going to miss my beautiful routes, since most of my stores were not in town or even on this side of the state line so I won't be doing them in the future.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  09:53:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually when clients change servicers, the schedule get messed up a bit. Once the DG Sony assignments get started then you'll get info for 4-8 weeks of what stores that will need done. Just like MFI used to do.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  4:25:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started my pre-calls today. My first day of work will be next Friday 5/24. I am sooooo psyched to finally work for Spar!!
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  11:25:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla

Thanks for all your help. I got a call from the district mgr over the weekend and I am all signed up :)
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  3:28:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great, she's really nice and friendly, plus she was trained by one of the best DMs.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  8:31:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, she was nice and easy going on the phone. I look forward to some work with them. Thanks again :)
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  06:19:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call this morning from a lady that wants me to do work in DG doing dvd's, F$ doing magazine credits and also some MFI (certified) work.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  3:42:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb, F$ magazine work is monthly 11 months/yr. They add other work in that store at the same time. The pay will be varied with the amount of work in each store, not each store will have the exact same work. DG is MFI's Sony work, not much work, unless they get other work.

The magazine work is easy, as long as you can count and take a few pics.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  6:19:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will speak to the lady tomorrow morning abt this. I do not like doing anything at DG's.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1666 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  06:57:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
F$ is 2 months on and 1 month off. DG? not sure yet.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2013 :  12:00:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Evidently they've changed the F$, it was every month except during holiday time.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  08:56:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was looking at SPAR's Independent Merchandiser Master Agreement, and I see that they require their Independent Contractors to have Worker Compensation & General Liability Insurance . . . either you have to provide information to them that you currently have your own OR you are required to get theirs at 2.9% of gross invoicing and you must give them consent to deduct this amount from your Project payments. WOW!!!

I have been working as an I.C. and employee for merchandising companies since 2010 and I have never once been required to have Worker Compensation & General Liability Insurance. I feel that it is bad enough that they only pay $10 per hour in my area (though I will be responsible for taking out and reporting for my income taxes, as they do not take out income taxes), yet I was surprised that this is a requirement to work for SPAR. Is this a normal requirement for some of the other merchandising companies out there?

From looking at their website, it seems like they pay once every two weeks. Is this correct? Do they offer direct deposit?

How much paperwork do you normally have to print out per location for these DVD calls? I hear that only pay 7 cents per page.

Currently, I was interested in an opening that they have in my area, to service DVDs and do resets when required. I was told that these DVD service calls are about one hour to one hour and fifteen minute long per location . . . however I have heard from other people over the months that have worked for other companies that they only get a flat rate per location servicing DVDs and more often than not, it takes much longer to service DVDs than one hour and they felt ripped off, since they were only getting paid a flat rate of $10 per location. So I was wondering does SPAR pay by the hour on these Sony DVD service calls or do they pay a flat rate?

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums