Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:12:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb, what did you not like about the Pharmacy work for SPAR?

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  02:22:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It isn't the kind of work I am good at.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  07:43:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else notice that Spar has cut back the DG DVD jobs to 60 minute caps from MFI's old 90 minute? That cuts the pay back too.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  09:47:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At the other Sony jobs, 60 minutes was adequate, except for changeouts. I've done the MFI jobs and 60 minutes was adequate. You will find that Sony has people that check out how long a job actually takes BEFORE they assign a time limit. IF it takes you longer, and you have a good reason, then fill out the RTS and you will probably be paid for it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  3:07:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you go over on time, just report it the way you did the job and explain why you needed extra time. Spar will pay you.
Go to Top of Page

PhilipR
Apprentice

Ardmore, OK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  10:42:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody had the Schleich monthly merchandising job since the last reset in February/March?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2013 :  06:38:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I was with Spar, mine was not monthly and I had NO clue when those jobs came on until they arrived in my portal. I know they were a pain.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  10:10:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see Spar is giving us Driveline's work but as an IC we are not employees. I find it interesting that they have just kept putting these jobs on my schedule page.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  3:07:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar took over quite a few of DL's job before I left. I noticed over the years, Spar was receiving more and more of the same work that DL had done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  5:31:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is cuz after a while the companies do not want to deal with them any longer.....myself included. They didn't give us a raise this year and I said bye bye. I am not doing those heavy resets any more.... no moving shelves and 40 lb. bags of pet food or cases of water etc. So far Spar has been easy. I plan to keep it that way. I do not understand how they can schedule as I am an IC.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  6:30:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb, even tho you are an IC, your DM schdules you for your stores.
If you do not want them, then contact your DM and tell them so.And they will remove them and give them to someone else.
Me I wish I had more work.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  10:08:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still miss the work that I had with Spar, but I don't miss the resets AT ALL. Still stop in at 'my' stores just to say hi. If and when I'm able to come back, I'll be knocking at Spar's door first.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  06:22:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
contact your DM. sometimes mapping programs don't always pick up some smaller towns in the right place.

Is the other towns out of state? DMs territories are based on state lines.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  5:53:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you talk about what stores/towns would be 'in your area'? The company picks up work all the time and sometimes certain towns only have 1-2 stores without any merchandisers.

I don't know where you are at, USA doesn't narrow it down much. I know my DM was fabulous in the understanding department. Of course, I was willing to go that extra mile for her also.

You need to remember that there are reps all over and the DM has to try to spread out the assigned stores.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  6:10:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Too many reps to deal with, even within my state. I have jobs assigned, waiting on training... Keep getting cc'd emails about me, a "shared" IC. Have asked politely several times about a neighboring state that I go to often (and where I have heard that jobs are going uncompleted) but no one seems to want to clue me in to any DMM names or addy's for that state.
Frustrating when there is available work out there, but I can't seem to make the connection with the right scheduler.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  8:21:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you that do the Sony at Office Depot, what is the "power panel" fixture. I'm starting to do these now and am slightly lost and confused

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  3:54:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SPAR continues to enhance our mobile in-store reporting capabilities to focus on giving you the best tools to use while in the stores completing work on behalf of clients. As you have seen from the hotsheets and Message Boards we are pleased to have officially rolled iPhone application, now adding the ability for both Android and iPhone applications on Smart Phones, iPods and Tablets.

Our focus in this area includes being environmentally responsible, and taking steps to reduce the need to print in every case possible. With the ability to download instructions and call forms on Android and iPhone mobile devices effective August 3rd we will be reducing the printing payout to $0.04 per page printed. Our long term goal is to utilize our mobile apps and hand held devices to greatly reduce the paper needed to take into the stores with you. While we may not be able to eliminate the need for all printed paperwork, we are pleased at the strides we have taken, and excited about the great feedback many have provided on our mobile apps!

As a reminder to download our Android or iPhone apps go to e-Knowledge on your Merchandiser Tools page and look for the SPAR Smartphone Information/Store Visit User Manual.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  4:02:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The "power Panel" fixture is a 10 slot sidekick, located somewhere in the store. You'll have to aske management where they have it, as all the stores have it someplace different.
It is a white fixture with 10 clear pockets/slots in it.and has a red sign on the top of it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Heather_NW
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  5:46:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by April2013

With the ability to download instructions and call forms on Android and iPhone mobile devices effective August 3rd we will be reducing the printing payout to $0.04 per page printed. Our long term goal is to utilize our mobile apps and hand held devices to greatly reduce the paper needed to take into the stores with you.

April, PLEASE remember that many of us live in rural areas, receive limited part time hours, and cannot justify the purchase of Smartphone and monthly data plans to use these mobile apps during store visits.

Also, when reducing the compensation for printing ... please remember that there are many pages we are required to print and leave with the store or dept managers. And, there are multi-page POGs we need to print for resets.

Spar is one of my favorite merchandising companies & I have been with them for several years in the rural NW. I have had some of the ongoing projects/ stores throughout these years. I hope the focus on mobile devices doesn't make it impossible to continue.

Heather
merchandising in the NW
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  05:05:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heather, that was what Spar sent out to reps. Even the non-rural areas don't always get good reception. Smart phones are getting cheaper and cheaper. I have one that cost me $79 at WM for the phone and $50 unlimited. downside is it doesn't have alot of power to download items. Of course, they don't say you CAN'T print, but they will only pay 4 cents per page instead of the 7 cents that they were paying. 4 cents barely covers my printing expenses and I have a super economically printer.

I found over the years with Spar that there are many managers that don't want those printouts, so I didn't print them. I basically printed the call report and POG needed, or anything that needed to be posted 1x (not every visit).

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums