Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Stephanie H Daniels
Apprentice

Martinez, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  7:42:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had the access Fee paid by Spar cut? I was told by my DM that "Traditionally, Spar as well as other companies pay mileage, access, etc. after the first 30 miles. Since I live under 5 miles away they don't want to pay the access fee anymore. I wasn't notified of this in advance and was suprised when I received my last check.
I guess Spar needs the money more than I do.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  7:18:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My access fees are still the same amounts, haven't been cut. I have one store that is 9 miles from me and I was never paid an access or mileage for it and I have been with spar for 9 1/2 years, and have done that store the same amount of time.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  8:12:43 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My stores are within a 10 mile radius. I have not been paid any mileage. I was told if I traveled to other stores that were out of my area, we could negotiate. I have decided to just keep the one's I have right now. Most companies will pay mileage but only after a certain distance traveled...
Go to Top of Page

Stephanie H Daniels
Apprentice

Martinez, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  8:20:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't think the access fee was tied in to mileage at all so I was surprised when it was eliminated because of the distance of the locations to my home. When did it become payment for mileage?

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  5:38:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The access fee has always been for mileage. Years ago Spar was like most other companies they paid a mileage after the first 30 miles(it was about 32cents a mile)Then alot of other companies started doing away with per mile , as there were people who would take the longest route they could find to their accounts so that they could get more money for mileage/travel time.And started paying a flat rate per store, and called it by different names. Spar picked access for theirs. Some companies pay for travel was/is nothing like the per mile was. One company gave me $4 for a 100 mile round trip. I didn't do that store anymore, they found someone local, as I wasn't driving 100 miles for $4 and a 1 hour job that only paid $7.50(this was in 1998)

Sue
Go to Top of Page

CharlotteAM

High Ridge, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:21:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, for the suggestions on independent pharmacies. It really helps, knowing that my finished results will not always look like POG picture. Hopefully October's visits will be much less stressfull and time consuming.

What is the average time it takes for visits?

Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

CharlotteAM

High Ridge, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:31:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In responce to access fees:

If i'm not mistaken, I think the contract Spar MS's renewed had a clause that addressed access fees. I called my DM to be sure just what it was saying, she said that from contract renewal date and forward any new job assignments would not be paying an access fee unless it was over 30 miles drive. She said that it would not effect any of the stores that I was already assigned to for the weekly visits. So far I have still been paid an access fee for my regular (previously assigned job assignments) stores.

Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  4:10:03 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Charlotte,
Can't give a time as each month is different with differing sets that need to be completed. Rest assured that you are given enough time to do your calls each month. Last month I went over my allotted time and I e-mailed my DM with my time and it was paid.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  12:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just signed with this company, any recent feedback?
Go to Top of Page

Patrick B

CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  1:04:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started with spar almost two years ago. Alot of your experience has to do with the DM handling your assignments. I have lucked out and I work for two great DM's with spar. One does the independent pharmacies and the other does everything else. They pay is every two weeks, on time, and as long as you do your work on time, no one bothers you. I have had a good experience.

merchandising in CA...what a trip
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  6:03:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Spar since 1998. Have never had a problem ,pay is always on time, minus the slow post office every once in awhile.My latest DM is fine. She is the 5th one since 1998. 2 of them retired ,then they redid districts ,and 1 was promoted to another divison. I have always had steady weekly work. Pay veries on where you live.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  3:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired in June of 07 and have yet to get any work. The job I was hired for was done away with. I have tried to contact them but I get passed around. The person who hired me no longer works there or not this territory. I get offers on NARMS, so I know there is work.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  5:13:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Spar a few years ago and had a ton of work. Recently I was contacted about doing some resets in the area, as part of a team. I'm supposed to work on Monday, but there is nothing in my employee assignment area. I'm a bit annoyed because I postponed an interview for a day thinking that I didn't want to go back on my committment to do these resets.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  09:13:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all of the feedback, I am over run with work. Love it so far!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  1:55:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Spar now since the first of March. Very plased with the company and my assignments. Just done my first reset, went well with help from my Mosaic associate (it was a joint effort). I signed on think that I just had 1-2 stores, I was actually disappointed in so little work. I have now found out that I have 12 stores so far. I like the amount of work much better now. I am only afraid that I have bitten off more than I can chew when I add in 2 other companies work also. My checks have always been there, and I like the website.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  3:06:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I just wanted you to know that SPAR is a shady company. My wife has been sick and had to have emergency surgery, And had to leave the company rather quickly. I was not sure how to get the handheld back to the DM . Well out of no where she suspends her paycheck until I give back the Handheld. If she would have asked for it in the first place there would have been no problem. I gave it back the same day and when I check on my paycheck they are missing 32 hours of work. I emailed the DM stating this with conf. number signatures from store manager and everything to show she worked. Well she said too bad we will not pay you. We cannot help payroll mistakes. SPAR is out for themselves. THEY DO NOT CARE FOR THEIR REPS. I hope no one else has to go through this but my wife and I just gave them 320.00 of free labor. And it is not fair!!!!

Janet
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  3:09:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also want to add. I am not have been suspended from looking at the website to get anymore of my check information. I guess they do not want me to investigate this anymore. I should have known better to work for this company after what they did to the National Megaforce reps

Janet
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  04:02:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that you had problems but I LOVE this company and my DM. She is great and very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  08:54:57 AM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to give up my assignments a six years ago. I was "terminated" from the system. I was still able to view my payment detail. It is the only thing that was left to view in my merchandiser tools. WHen I was reactivated, I got all the links back

It is all merchandising companies' policy to hold checks until they get their equiptment returned.

I would call their corporate office and speak to someone in payroll about time not paid for. Unfortunately, you did not report the work. If they already closed the job, something creative might have to be done.

I'm sure a rational phone call will get things cleared up.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  11:29:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working with Spar. The previous rep had not returned her HH to the company, they emailed her (cc me) and asked for an address to send a pick up tag. The rep said she would take it into the Kmart that she had been "working". After several contacts, she took it in and I picked it up. It was not working and I had to return it to Spar for repairs. Evidently it had not been working for over 3 months, she was a rep for about 1 month, 2 other reps before her had not used the HH. Spar has treated me well, of course, I have not had to get sick or anything. I just wish they had MORE work in my area for me. We sign an agreement to return the equipment or they will hold pay.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums