Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2013 :  8:06:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is Spar servicing the Sony DVD spinner in Office Max?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2013 :  8:24:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine was cancelled about 2 weeks ago. Email from dmm.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2013 :  11:18:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Mine was cancelled about 2 weeks ago. Email from dmm.

That's interesting. The reason that I am asking is that a month and a half ago, Sony had one of the companies that I work for, do an audit on the fixture, the sign in sheet, the graphics, the dvds, a whole list of things/items even down to asking the Managers/employees about the service and the reps. Makes me wonder if Sony is looking to shop the account around or make a change.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2013 :  3:59:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar is great to work for... if I have questions, I ask and get an answer. If I have problems I call and get help. They are great to work for and right now we have loads of work to do. woohoo!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  2:49:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found out about Workmen's comp and Spar employees paying for that. No, we do not have, to but it is their option. I would rather have the workmen's comp. It is a benefit.>>>COMPENSATION
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  7:26:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know anything about Office Depot for Sony?
I haven't had anything for Sept.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  9:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I found out about Workmen's comp and Spar employees paying for that. No, we do not have, to but it is their option. I would rather have the workmen's comp. It is a benefit.>>>COMPENSATION

When I was there it was not an option. Something must have changed because if you did not take the WC, you could not work for them.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  04:42:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not know if I would be fired if I refused to pay but why would I refuse to pay? It is an option on their part to offer me a BENEFIT of being COMPENSATED if something happens on the workplace. Maybe I am not understanding the meaning of workmen's compensation. [/purple]
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  07:48:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They would not hire me because I refused to take it. The laws in WI for workmans comp do not give you anything extra than what health insurance would. And if you are only doing a 20 minute job for Spar and get hurt, you would only be entitled to 70% of the 20 minute job. I have health insurance through another employer. There is no need for me to have workmans comp in the state of WI. To make an accurate decision, you would need to know what your states workman compensations law are.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  10:53:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why are people quoting posters in here and not saying/replying anything? We can actually read what people have written. lol I don't get the point quoting of posts without adding any comments.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  10:56:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do not know if I would be fired if I refused to pay but why would I refuse to pay? It is an option on their part to offer me a BENEFIT of being COMPENSATED if something happens on the workplace. Maybe I am not understanding the meaning of workmen's compensation. [/purple]

First you stated it was an option, and that you did not have to sign up for it and now you are saying that you don't know if you would be let go if you didn't take it. Huh?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  5:57:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So did anyone else do the resets at F$? I am done mine for now. I think they were easy.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  07:04:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The F$ resets were a lot easier than I expected when I read the paperwork.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

KathyCGold
Apprentice

Canoga Park, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  1:54:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this ... I've only been doing a few things for them since May and think that their paperwork is incredibly convoluted. I have done the same jobs that I was doing for a company they "took over" (a simplification). Comparing the two entities' paperwork was like night and day. SPAR makes it incredibly more difficult than it has to be. BUT they do reimburse for printing... So, like with all else, it has some good points, it has some bad points.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  10:23:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not print all of the paperwork each project. I do print the call form. The instructions do not change. I do check instructions but I print only the bare necessities. I print using fast mode...uses a lot less ink. The pay for projects with Spar is more than with the other companies with the same projects.

I am glad Spar has the DG Sony visits. I hope they are not changed. They are so easy.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  11:00:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was in an O.D. today (Sunday) and they had signs saying the store was closing, so I asked why. I was told by the store manager that Office Depot is merging with Office Max and that any O.D .that is close to an O.M. is being closed.
This store is in the same shopping center as O.M., O.M. being about 1/4 mile down from them.
So I guess I am going to loose my Sony jobs.Unless O.M. carries Sony and Spar gets the job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  6:39:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Office Max does carry Sony. Spar had the job, but the last visit was cancelled and I've not heard anything else about it.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  9:17:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've known about the merger for a few months now. Out here (and I imagine elsewhere) I lost two of my Office Max locations as they closed because of the merger. They are looking at store performance and how close stores are to one another so it will continue to be a combo of stores (both OD and OM) closing here and there.

When I service my OD's and OM's this month I am going to see what additional info I can find out. When I asked before, no one seemed to know how the store appearance and systems may change as well.

The merger is still in the process and the final sanction by the FTC has not taken place yet, which they hope to have soon.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  6:14:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody else having the Kroger Sony jobs taking longer than the 60 minutes allotted? I had 1 take 45 minutes over the 60 today! I know I'll get paid for the extra, but I just wish they had given a better time estimate. I planned my week, based on the Kroger's only taking 60 minutes and this is a really busy week.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  1:21:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't done mine yet Jonathan, but anticipating 2 hours or more. Lots to be done there this round.
Yes, they always pay the extra IF all the hoops are properly jumped thru, but does get to be a pain as you said, to allocate time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums