Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2015 :  6:06:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not sure where you live but I do shelf labels, discontinued products, outdated products, resets, cut ins and pretty much what the store asks me too. I also show the person I deal with every month the new item alert and they choose which items they want. I cut that in and put on a new item tag over the shelf tag. I like the work a lot. I get mileage over a certain amount. Like I said, it depends on where you live and your experience.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2015 :  08:34:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for SPAR years ago, when they serviced the Circuit City stores and Meijer shelf tags.

Can anyone tell me what chains/product lines they now service on a regular basis?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2015 :  2:31:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cathy: I PM ed you about your question.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  5:53:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ditto
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  1:37:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Noticed on my payroll recently Spar cutting my time paid to the "estimated time in-time out". Many jobs do not list a cap time, just this estimate. Before, Spar paid the full task time on such jobs without need for TO approval.
So I am understanding that "estimated time" in the instructions is the new capped time?

Also having a lot of payroll errors recently, all in Spar's favor. Having to watch payroll statements carefully.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  2:53:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you not getting paid for the time you're claiming?

So far, Spar has been golden to me on my pay. I've never had an issue and my time in store has always been a set time.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  5:38:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had jobs for a long time that have an estmiate time.They are usually jobs that were 1 hour and now say 45 mintues to 1 hour.
I go to the full 1 hour and never have had a problem getting paid.
Several months back my dm sent out an email saying that if you went over the time limit that you would have to call them for approvel for it,even if it was only 5 mintues as they were having to many people going over the time limit and not reporting. And that each district is given only so much extra money each quarter to pay over time limits and that in our district they were running out of the money 3/4 of the way thru the quarter.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  7:31:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That folks, is called under budgeting. Just a roundabout way of saying management is keeping all the money, and crap on all our employees.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  7:44:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've always looked at the "estimated" time as the time cap. If I go over, I just submit and RTS and notify my DM and have never had any issues getting paid the extra as long as the RTS is submitted.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2015 :  3:12:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recently a job instructions said "estimated at 2.25 hours, capped at 3 hours."
I spent 3+ hours in each store, reported 3. Got paid for 2.25 each store.
My DM seems to get terse if i bother her needlessly, when a TO or access is unnecessary. Guess i'll learn to always consider the est time as cap, regardless.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  4:58:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always been paid what I am owed. I may not agree on the fee, but that is life. It is still SO much better than Driveline.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2015 :  8:41:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It does seem to make a difference who your DM is. I am fortunate that the one for my area is excellent.

quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

I have always been paid what I am owed. I may not agree on the fee, but that is life. It is still SO much better than Driveline.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  4:27:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hummm,

Well if you reported 3 hours and have only been paid for 2.25 hours I would nicely send emails asking where the rest of your money is. If they put up a fight just fill out the little form on your state labor boards website and see if that helps(normally it does as now they are under pressure from the state)

Have copies of everything time wise....

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  07:48:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed, sorry to tell you.... but the state cannot help you either. Spar is an IC and they only deal with employees.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  09:36:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan B.

It does seem to make a difference who your DM is. I am fortunate that the one for my area is excellent.

Yes, Jonathan, my DM is awesome. He got me a huge raise and I have always been paid! The work is easy and interesting too. I work for 2 divisions of Spar. I do the Rx jobs and the $ stores. My DM for the $ stores is nice also. She always answers my questions immediately. She gives me a travel fee if I do work out of the town where I reside.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  05:31:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still no paycheck here this week in the midwest. Anyone else gotten theirs yet?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  07:41:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got mine.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  4:18:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow!

Yet another California Labor code violation.

I know of some companies who are trying to hire outside of California where possible to avoid these laws. These areas are places like Reno,Oregon border of N. Cali etc...

California laws are getting really bad. This is why for you Cali Merchandisers most Managers watch you like a hawk. It's just to ensure you don't go OT etc.. so the company does not need to pay you any additional money.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  5:34:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No paycheck here yet in Idaho.
Has screwed me up on paying my bills for the week.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2015 :  05:52:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am soooooooo glad I live where I do so I do. I am treated very well with Spar and am always paid when I should be and the amount is correct. YAY SPAR!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums