Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  5:52:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jan24: What did Spar do to National megaforce? I worked for nmf and the owner took out bankruptcy owing me and a whole lot of other people thousands of dollars.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Becky A

OH
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  6:37:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am owed money by National MegaForce as well. What connection do they have to Spar? I have worked for Spar for two years.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

RAMoratz

So Cal, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  9:12:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
National Megaforce was my first merchandising job, I never did get paid by them. I was wondering what they have to do with Spar as well.

Does Spar still hire people only as independent contractors?

Ruth
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  12:31:20 AM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, IC work only
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  8:01:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spar has nothing to do with national megaforce, they were/are 2 seperate companies. Spar is in New York and nmf was in Georgia.And the 3 principal owners of nmf lived in Georgia.
And JAN24 hasn't answered my question.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  5:07:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed that Jan24 hasn't responded since I said that we have to sign a paper stating that we must return the equipment or have our pay held.
I still love working with Spar and I am sorry some people have had trouble, but I'm happy.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  7:16:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Spar For 10 years now, and I have never had a problem getting paid, or any other problem with them.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  11:38:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a little problem with my pay, somehow the HH did not report and I had to resend it. Just delayed 4.5 hours, it will make the next check bigger.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  11:49:48 AM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I do is after the HH transmits, I go to my MS tools and make sure it yellows out. If not I transmit again...especially on those weeks it is payroll cut off. Unfortunately alot of hh problems this inventory. If it were a normal week without returns or inv, I would report it online in the call form...

As far as that post from jan24, I call that a seagull post...flies in makes alot of noise,posts some thing negative with no merit (poops on things) and then flys away!!

I personally enjoy the work and I have had no problems
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  3:07:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did check, only the second transmit was after cut-off. Also unfortunely for me, I did not read about the 5 min. on the week of inventory. I am having a real hard time getting everything done in the amount of time given. Either I am too slow or too picky. I just like to see it looking nice and semi-organized.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.HaroldLP
Valued Contributor

Syracuse, IN
USA
242 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  10:08:57 PM  Visit .HaroldLP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Becky A

I am owed money by National MegaForce as well. What connection do they have to Spar? I have worked for Spar for two years.

The connection is that after NMF filed bankruptcy in late 2003 early 2004, SPAR bought "certain assets" of theirs. They also brought the 2 principals, Scott M. Sloan and Renee Camplese, on in management roles.

The press release announcing it, dated April 27, 2004, is on the SPAR site at http://www.irconnect.com/sgrp/pages/news_releases.html?d=56563
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  3:38:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Spar but what exactly was the 5 minute deal?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  5:19:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is for the inventory week (my was Kmart) just to answer questions. All my other time was to go under the inventory job. I did not read it correctly, but that was my mistake.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:55:35 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I checked into the info about Megaforce. Yes, SPAR did buy whatever "assets" they had remaining acording to a press release. Which is normal course of business. The info is dated 2004, the Megaforce people were "client service people" for a bit but are no longer associated with SPAR according to my DM...
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  5:15:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would recommend Spar to anyone with some experience, not alot needed. Perhaps not for the first timer with no retail experience. I LOVE them. Anybody out there know when the holiday season pickup starts? I don't want to get covered up with too many companies/jobs.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  05:10:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for SPAR for a few years now and they've been good to me. The work is easy, the pay is average and my DM is great. If only more of the companies I work for would be like SPAR my life would be great!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  09:57:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mark, I ditto that. I am surprised when I get an email complimenting me on my work. Compliments are so rare any more. Spar, or at least my supervisors give out compliments and encouragement when needed. They keep the lines of communication open also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.GingerJ
Inactive

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  8:42:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi. Is there any recent feedback on SPAR -- I just applied for some of the new work with multiple clients they have in my area! Also, is the pay low, average or high -- and do they still pay mileage? Any feedback is appreciated!

GingerJ
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  12:48:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How recent do you want? I have been with Spar since March, love them. the pay is lower than some, but much better than Certified. I get what they call "access" which helps with mileage. For me, it's only $7.75 per week. Like I said, not much, but it helps. My jobs are Kmart every week, Sears, Pepboys once every 4 weeks. then there are resets every so often, along with special projects. My supervisors are great. Hope you have good ones also.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  2:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with Spar for almost 5 years, I have a great boss and they always pay in full and on time. Sadly the program I started with was discontinied as the grocery store pulled the new item cut in program back in house, but my boss found me work with the Kmart video program so I'm happy to stay in the Spar family. Hopefully they will get more work like what I did in the past and can get more hours. I would highly recommend them.

Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums