Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 68

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  5:00:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've gotten three urgent email messages from them in the past three days asking that I reply with phone numbers and a good time to call. So I do, and no one ever calls, or calls back when *I* call and leave voicemail. If it's so urgent, what's up with this? It's like they say, "Oh, goodie! She called back! Let's send another urgent email!!"

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  11:33:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys:) I surely don't want to turn any of the jobs down, because that was my thought also--that if I did another rep will be able to do all of them, becuase there is only one of us in any given area. So far everyone is just the greatest, work well within our area group, and they are all so very nice. As mentioned before in posts about the lower pay, I'd also rather have consistant jobs and a great crew than higher pay and tons of headaches! Sue, I wonder if you might be able to contact SPAR headquarters and request the number for your areas DM? I bet talking to the area DM will answer your questions on job availability. It's just a thought :)

Jess
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  06:17:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
anybody starting the WM wing rack installation? Suggestions or tips? I have one to do week 1.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  06:35:47 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope. I didn't get that one

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  06:48:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the jobs are just now showing up, if you have week one. Of course, the shipment to the stores were delayed, so we are also. Normally I get 1-2 hours from them per week, this week looks like 6-11 hours, and next week another 6+ hours. I won't believe my check when all this hits. I am using alot of ink lately.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  06:52:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My week 1 is January 12th, I do know that the racks weigh about 20 lbs. a piece.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  07:03:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My week 1 is this week, I'll report any tips, or disasters. I got the instruction sheets. They look like they will very nice looking when we get them done. Rpt says Team plus up to 6 merchandisers. starting at 6 am and ending before 11 am. Wow, that's early for me.
Jenny, are your jobs picking up?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  08:14:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder are we talking about the same racks? My DM told me to get a partner, got one. Magazine racks? 20-30 per store? I have about 30 stores. My work is off the hook!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  08:18:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 3 WM, but only 1 for this assignment. It's called Walmart Wing Rack Installation/Walmart Wing Rack. Each rack should take about 20 minutes. We are changing the old wire racks that hold the mags into curved mag racks that take up the entire endcap between registers.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  09:58:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, same one.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:35:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My pay rate was $4/per rack. Helpers ok, if already with Spar or willing to sign up with them. Team Lead (the one assigned to the store) reports time and splits it fairly.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  1:56:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone out there who's managed to make the online reporting work on Windows 2000 Pro? Apparently, I'm supposed to have Java Virtual Machine, but the instructions on the website for resolving the problems ("Download & Install JVM") don't work for Win2000. And - the latest version of IE (with JVM embedded) is not available to me.

I asked Pierre - he doesn't know.

I'm tired of bopping over to the library...

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  5:09:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have xp pro. I started with 2000 pro. When I got the newer laptop, it have xp pro on it. Let me check with my son regarding this. He does my computer work for me. It's a good thing we let him "play" when he was a young teenager. Which IE version do you have?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  5:14:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Feedback on the WM wing projects. The racks are heavy, be sure to bring someone STRONG with you.

Tips: the person that puts the racks on, need to loosen the bottom hook, none of mine lined up.

I took the mags out and laid them on a register belt, so that I could easily see which was which.

Over 50% of the mags that I removed did not belong to the POG. We have a new Magazine lady, who evidently just put whatever she wanted to wherever she wanted. Boy is she going get a rude awakening later tonight when she comes in. I had a whole buggy full of mags that were in the wrong place. Management said, her problem.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  7:08:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, Marla!

Aren't sons handy? I have sons also, but they are most familiar with more recent versions of Windows.

I'm running the latest version of IE that's available for this O/S: IE 6.0.2800(blah) with Service Pack 1.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  1:53:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I forgot you today, I seen my son. We were moving my husband's older sister.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  07:35:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla - I got it working. There's a link to Java Virtual Machine on the website that's broken, so I wandered around to different sites, downloaded different versions of JVM, rebooted (again and again and again), and FINALLY got it going about 3:00 this morning! Yay!

I know a lot about computers, but Java and ActiveX problems make me want to shave my head (a la Brittney Spears) and run screaming and naked into the street! And getting this to work broke my Pogo games, because they want Java 2. I'm so mad!

SPAR Systems People: If you're reading this, your link is bad

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  3:16:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I really needed to think about "shaved head and such". I can visualize too well, especially since I have never seen you. I just put myself in your place.

I'm glad you got it fixed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  3:09:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied to a position they have open about a month or so ago, and I still see them hiring for that same spot. Did I mess up on their exam to keep me from getting in with them?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  07:01:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't remember an exam. I hired on in March of this year. If you have a contact person, contact them. Sometimes you get overlooked. Also, they look for people sometimes up to a month ahead of time.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 68 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums