Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Strategic Reflections Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  08:52:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody ever heard of them? I received an e-mail this morning asking me to sign up with them. I've never heard of them before.

http://strategicreflections.com/

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  09:08:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a company newly incorporated as of the first of August, by one of the former owners of Check Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  12:15:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up a few ago just out of curiosity. They use the Shopmetrics software but as of today have no jobs available anywhere.

Posters on another thread stated that it was owned (at least in part) by the individual that supposedly pulled funding from another MS company, causing paychecks to bounce.

Think I will wait and see also...
Go to Top of Page

AngelaMc
Star Contributor

Mar Vista, CA
USA
508 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  7:07:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received the email. I sent a reply addressing my concern that the company is possibly owned/owned in part by the person who left Check Mark. I'm also curious as to where they got my email address. I'll post the reply here (if I get one).

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JoanneCT
Contributor

Cheshire, CT
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  8:34:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!
I got the same request to apply; YIKES! I think I'll wait, too. Not sure I want to link up with anyone with THAT history!
JoanneCT
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  9:21:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We, as shoppers, do not really know the entire story of why and/or how Karen Register left CheckMark. Perhaps she is the victim? Perhaps It was the remaining employees that were the bad guys and she got out when she could? No one knows. There's nothing wrong with her starting another company after breaking ties with CheckMark.
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  06:12:08 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now it seems really sucpicous that Checkmark Shoppers are getting spammed to join Strategic Reflections. I got the message too. Unless Shopmetrics has the same set up as Prophet where shoppers will be automatically contacted if a new company starts using their software. I'm kinda new at this, someone else may know the answer to that one.

The Strategic Reflections domain register was on the NIC via Tucows on July 13. First notice of the Check Mark Check's being bounced was July 14. The site is too sparse and looks like it was hastily designed. No links for Who are we, Contact Us, no copyright, no way for prospective clients to contact them, etc.

There's nothing wrong with breaking off on your own and starting a new company. Just don't burn bridges on your way since your way out may be a dead end.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

Wendy South Hampton
Valued Contributor

South Hampton, NY
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  11:16:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regardless of who owns the company, they sent emails out to people asking them to sign up. So, the resipient was not signed up with them and had no relationship with them, that is SPAM.

Where did they get the email addresses? From the last company they worked for? Theft?

The email itself violated most of the regulations of the US CAN_SPAM Act, and everyone who recieved it should forward it to spam@uce.gov

I would never work for a company that has no ethics. So, ignoring all the rumors from the other firm's check bouncing - this new firm is clearly stealing (or harvesting) email addresses, and sending spam with total disregard to the laws regarding commercial emails and privacy.
Go to Top of Page

.HaroldLP
Valued Contributor

Syracuse, IN
USA
242 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  11:56:49 AM  Visit .HaroldLP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For whatever it is worth here is the Whois information on the site.

Whois info for, strategicreflections.com:
Registrant:
Ryan Hittinger
6732 High Meadows Dr
Cincinnati, OH 45230
US

Domain name: STRATEGICREFLECTIONS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Hittinger, Ryan hitman731@fuse.net
6732 High Meadows Dr
Cincinnati, OH 45230
US
+1.5136249560
Technical Contact:
www.123cheapdomains.com
jonathan@123cheapdomains.com
1032 Irving Street, # 603
Renew / Manage domain at 123CHEAPDOMAINS.COM -
For support, please send email to: help@123cheapdomains.com
San Francisco, Ca 94122
US
+1.4156823859
Go to Top of Page

KarenRegister
Apprentice

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  06:46:01 AM  Visit KarenRegister's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did start a new company by the name of Strategic Reflections. After 18 years of mystery shopping, this is the one industry that I know and love. I also pledged my home and personal assets to make sure that Strategic Reflections is financially stable. There were four other employees that left Check Mark, Inc. with me, choosing not to stay and work with the remaining management. Three of the employees have joined me and together we are working hard to provide assignments for mystery shoppers who want to work with a company that cares.

Karen Register

Karen Register
SVP National Accounts
Strategic Reflections, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

SharonMc1961
Valued Contributor

Athens, TN
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  12:23:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That brings up the question then of how many companies are now contracted with Strategic Reflections. Will there be enough jobs contracted out nationwide to benefit the company and anyone who signs up as an ic?

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

AngelaMc
Star Contributor

Mar Vista, CA
USA
508 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  07:20:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I just received this reply to my email from Friday evening:

"Dear Angela,

Strategic Reflections, Inc. was founded by Karen Register, a former partner of Check Mark, Inc. You were listed as a valued shopper during her tenure as president. Applying is completely optional. If you are still mystery shopping and would like to apply with Strategic Reflections, Inc., we would love to have you as a shopper. Thanks and have a great day!"

I'm still irked that she thought it would be alright to contact shoppers who had worked for Check Mark, since no one is giving a clear answer to anything surrounding her departure and the checks bouncing. I think I'll pass on signing up for them.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraNY
Valued Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  6:20:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy South Hampton

Regardless of who owns the company, they sent emails out to people asking them to sign up. So, the resipient was not signed up with them and had no relationship with them, that is SPAM.
......I would never work for a company that has no ethics. So, ignoring all the rumors from the other firm's check bouncing - this new firm is clearly stealing (or harvesting) email addresses, and sending spam with total disregard to the laws regarding commercial emails and privacy.
I have to agree with this post. I really don't see how Karen can legally take our email addresses from Checkmark. My ICA is with Checkmark, not Karen Register. Sending out emails to us to sign up with her company really makes me wonder about ethics. I'm not signing up....

BARBARA
MSPA Silver Certified
Happily Shopping Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  3:57:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed a posting under the Job Postings thread that this company has posted jobs. I went to the website and they have some old Checkmark jobs (Loss Prevention audits) that I used to enjoy doing. I wonder what other clients they have from Checkmark?

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

WillKeel

Hillsboro, Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:27:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strategic Reflections,Inc. has 69 job openings listed. A former Check Mark client.
They have been contacting former Check Mark shoppers to signup with them, contacting former Check Mark clients to sign on with them and even in their shop instructions they say in
ITEM 3: BE COMPLETE
If you have a question, or do not know how to answer a question, please call a Check Mark scheduler @ 1-800-866-8836.
Now talk about ethics.

Will
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  4:10:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I just finished my first shop for Strategic Reflections...I know, let the tomato throwing commence.

It was for a shop I had done previously for Checkmark and enjoyed. It is also a place I am at all the time right now, for back to school shopping for my daughter. So I figured I would give it a try.

I don't love the software they use for report submission...the same as Ritter Assoc., but I have never shopped for them.

I must say that I applied for this shop and was assigned it without further communication from the company. My two emails to them have went unanswered. It just annoyed me that I had to check back into the website and see if they assigned me the job, and they had. It was due in one day. Luckily it worked for me and I completed the shop.

We will see about payment. Anyone else have a similar problem with being assigned the job?

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

KMartha

FL
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  6:45:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too just finished my first shop with them. My experience closely mirrors yours. I was assigned to the shop and not notified. Luckily because of this forum, I was prepared for that and checked back.
The reporting software was awful and clunky. The directions on submission were not clear at all. I guess we'll see what happens when payment time comes around.

Shopping sunny Florida and loving it!
Go to Top of Page

Kayla54
Apprentice

Hollywood, FL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  6:22:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strategic Reflections
Well here is a story. I am a newbe to Mystery Shopping. Some how Strategic Reflections got my e-mail address and offered me some shops. I signed up innocently enough and did three retail shops COMPANY_NAME for them. Now here is the kicker....I filled out the summary reports and evedently the metric program does not have all the kinks worked out of it. There is no contact person and I sent numerous e-mails to the scheduler asking for some help with filling out the summary report. No, response. Bottom line I could not finish the report in a timely fashion, no report, no pay! I learned a lesson the hard way. Know the company well before you work from them. If it where not for this forum I would be wandering aroung scratching my head wondering what I did wrong. Thank you Forum

Michaela M Conca
Go to Top of Page

WillKeel

Hillsboro, Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  7:07:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kayla54: This is one of the best places to checkout a company and find out what others have to say about it and then makeup your own mind whether to signup with them or not.

HAPPY SHOPPING

Will
Go to Top of Page

NikkiDC
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  1:34:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any idea what the timeline is supposed to be for payment? I finished a job for them without any contact with a real person as well. Now I can't even find an email address to ask any questions. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

AZJoJo
Trainee

Sierra Vista, AZ
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  01:08:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From the Web site:

Q.When will I be paid for my shop?
A.Strategic Reflections, Inc. will pay the mystery shopper a fee agreed upon in advance for each project, payable upon satisfactory completion of the mystery shopper’s assignment and written report. Payment will be mailed approximately the 25th of the month following receipt of report. (For Example: If you complete a shop in the month of August, your check will be mailed approximately the 25th of September).

Also, it seems there are only 3 email addresses listed:

Scheduling Email: scheduling@strategicreflections.com
Editing Email: editing@strategicreflections.com
Technical Support: techsupport@strategicreflections.com

I just got a recruitment email from them today (I'm a Check Mark shopper) and it came from the scheduling email address. Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums