Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Strategic Reflections Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MaryJay

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  9:20:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SR doesn't have much in my area. But, I've done a few shops with no problems whatsoever. Payment by check the end of the month following the shop.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  9:32:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

On the ShopMetrics sites, after you submit the report, you should see a confirmation number at the top of the page. It's small, but it's there, at least for the companies I've worked with. I always record the confirmation number on my survey. I've never had a use for the confirmation numbers, but I, like you, feel better knowing it has been sent.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  9:45:39 PM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strategic Reflections should be the model for some other MS companies.

Instructions are clear, the c-shops I rotate with another mysterious shopper are a breeze and their reports are easy to complete in a short time. Pay is fair and always on time - got a check just today!

Only wish is for more shops in my area. :)

Bob
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  07:02:31 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BeverBob

Strategic Reflections should be the model for some other MS companies.

Instructions are clear, the c-shops I rotate with another mysterious shopper are a breeze and their reports are easy to complete in a short time. Pay is fair and always on time - got a check just today!

Only wish is for more shops in my area. :)

I agree, Bob...

I wish they had more shops in my area as I like working for these guys...its either feast or famine with them...I've done a dog kennel shop for them and a few others but its not every month.

And to the person that said about feedback...yea I've never gotten feedback from these guys...when I get the email about the check I know I they accepted it

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

LoriB23
Valued Contributor

Louisiana
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  09:34:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is great. I have done a few shops for them and I would like to do more.

Lori
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePete

Slidell, LA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  07:10:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me too, they are a great company to work for.
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  7:37:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I performed a shop for this company and was required to make a non-returnable purchase and there was no reimbursement for the purchase. There isn't anything in the store that was less than the amount of the shop, so I did not find this company worth working for.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  7:49:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DeniseHazel

I performed a shop for this company and was required to make a non-returnable purchase and there was no reimbursement for the purchase. There isn't anything in the store that was less than the amount of the shop, so I did not find this company worth working for.

I was wondering about that. Well, I accepted the shop and I will follow through. If I find the same, I will agree with you unless I find things there I really want to buy. But right now, especially at this time of the year, money is really tight and I really don't want to just buy something to be buying it.

I'll report back if I have the same experience. Maybe they have other shops that pay better around here.
Go to Top of Page

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  6:51:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, my experience was very different from yours. I found (without trying to) a pair of really cute socks on sale for $1.62! They were 60% off...and most of the socks were under $4.00 that were not on sale. Once I saw them, I looked no further for a purchase. But I also liked some of the clothes (I had not been to this store but two or three times, and not recently).

I would do this shop again in a heartbeat. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePete

Slidell, LA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:42:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a call yesterday in the middle of a conference call at work. I told them as soon as I got off the call I would accept the shop. Well I got a call back and was told the shop was taken, sorry am very dispaointed with this company.
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  3:37:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a dress shop this summer and it proved to be a big waste of time. I managed to find an item to purchase for a couple bucks less than the shop amount on a clearance rack. Total waste of my time.

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:05:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have a rotation of ONE shop per year....and I returned my purchase. Once my shop was input and finalized it went back.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  7:45:59 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done a few shops for them around my place and have to give them two thumbs up. Then again I am picky about my shops.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  7:48:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigMikeyP

And to the person that said about feedback...yea I've never gotten feedback from these guys...when I get the email about the check I know I they accepted it
Hi, BigMikeyP -- and anybody else with experience.

I'm wondering... I sent SR two e-mails directly (with questions about the first shop I completed) and also one on-line question (about something on their site). Both e-mails gave me only automated "received" e-mails, nothing else, and my on-line question remains unanswered.

Is this really typical for SR? I find it quite disconcerting to not know if a shop has been accepted, and to not be able to find out how to use the site from the actual MSC.

One other MSC I work for uses the same software, and, although the reports are straightforward, the site itself is definitely NOT user-friendly.
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  9:06:14 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avery
Hi, BigMikeyP -- and anybody else with experience.

I'm wondering... I sent SR two e-mails directly (with questions about the first shop I completed) and also one on-line question (about something on their site). Both e-mails gave me only automated "received" e-mails, nothing else, and my on-line question remains unanswered.

Is this really typical for SR? I find it quite disconcerting to not know if a shop has been accepted, and to not be able to find out how to use the site from the actual MSC.

One other MSC I work for uses the same software, and, although the reports are straightforward, the site itself is definitely NOT user-friendly.[/font=Verdana][/green]

Avery, if you know who your scheduler was for this shop, email him/her and see they can get you in touch with the editor....

There are a couple of schedulers I've emailed to ask about shops but not one as of yet to ask about how I did on a shop.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  7:43:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeremie (of Strategic Reflections http://forum.volition.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=24603) actually wrote me directly after reading my last post, and we're in direct e-mail contact now. So, at this point, I'd say I'm quite impressed.
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  12:29:31 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Avery,

Just rembember, most MSC's will contact you if there is an issue as they want to pay you for doing the work. They do not want to repost shops and go thru this process again and have the work turned in later. Normally you will get an email requesting more information or asking for clarifications. Very seldom have I ever had a shop rejected without any contact from the company. They want to use your report and will do most anything to get the correct information submitted. I have only done a couple shops with this company and have not heard from them about a shop I submitted... Pay came the end of the next month as stated. After it gets processed for payroll, it will show up on the pay statement section, usually just after the first of the month following the shop.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  6:16:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they ever stop calling to remind you that you have a shop scheduled for that day? At first I figured that was just because I was new to their company. That was 2009... granted I haven't done a whole lot for them - they only have two clients in this region and one seems to only come up quarterly - but I've always done them as scheduled. It seems their reminder call is a waste of time and effort since they always call my home phone when I'm out and actually doing the shops. I know if the machine is blinking when I get home, SRI called again. It's silly.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  8:39:03 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strategic Reflections is one of my favorite MS companies! Sometimes I think they have my number on speed dial to give me work
If something is wrong with your report, you will hear from them... else, that check comes the first of the month like clockwork.

If there's a problem, call them.
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  2:21:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They called me today to remind me about yesterday's shops. The shops were already done on time and are posted on their site. The inmates are running the asylum....

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums