Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Strategic Reflections Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  5:36:21 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deep South Tom

They called me today to remind me about yesterday's shops. The shops were already done on time and are posted on their site. The inmates are running the asylum....

I'm so sick of the calls. They call me at 8 a.m., and a lot of the time, it's for shops that I did the day before and had already submitted.

I wouldn't mind the 8 a.m. calls so much if I didn't work nights and go to bed around 4 a.m.
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  5:05:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody been paid for March yet? My April 1st Pay Statement says that that checks would start processing April 27th. I hope they don't age them like cheese or scotch.....

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  5:56:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email on 5/6 apologizing for the payment delay caused by a technical problem. Mine arrived on Monday, 5/9.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  12:25:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Never had a problem with this company. I enjoy working for them.
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  12:58:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn

Never had a problem with this company. I enjoy working for them.

Hope they never "lose" your check. Their "policy" is to wait 60 days to re-issue.

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  3:58:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For some unknown reason, I haven't received any e-mails from them in months, if not a year, and I see nothing on the job board for Louisville, KY whenever I check.

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  11:53:25 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for them, but this month I see that their grocery store shops in my area now includes an extra step of work but the pay has not went up.

Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  9:20:18 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Urgh. I applied for a few grocery store shops and got all three of them. Today I went to do them, but one of the assignments suddenly disappeared from my list of assignments. No email, no call, nothing to let me know why it disappeared

Frustrated

Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  11:07:00 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with the company or the shops...

They don't always have a lot of shops in my area, but I just looked at their site, and I've done 103 shops for them. There's a payment every month for me as regular as clockwork.

I miss the bank shops in my area. They haven't had them for several months now. The bank shops are a good cash income.

Shopping the Tri-State area
Go to Top of Page

MrsShort

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  05:31:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last month I signed up as a shopper and applied for a shop they had listed on the Job Board here. The scheduler emailed me back and said that one was gone, but there would be more in August. Sure enough, I got the email with my location listed as one of the MANY available shops. So I emailed the scheduler to request the shop (as instructed in the email). I didn't receive a response, but I got three more emails over the course of a week listing shops that were still available (my location still listed). Not sure why I'm not good enough to assign the shop to, but that's ok. It's little stuff like this that will probably keep me away from this company.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
351 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  06:46:16 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed 96 shops for this MSC over a 3 yr. period and never had a speck of a problem. On a few occasions, it's been necessary for me to phone an extension request and it's always been granted. While I realize others could be experiencing difficulties, my guess is there's a misunderstanding. This IS business and occasionally such situations pop-up; it's how the matters are resolved that contribute to success.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  10:42:30 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Bob. I've only done 13 shops with them, but needed an extension for two different shops. I have found it's best to call them, they are very responsive to that phone call.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  4:38:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been paid this month by this company? I believe they write checks on the 27th of the month for shops completed the previous month. So far I haven't received any email or notification of getting paid.

Cindy Shepherd
Go to Top of Page

D. Alan C.
Apprentice

KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  07:42:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy1948

Has anyone been paid this month by this company? I believe they write checks on the 27th of the month for shops completed the previous month. So far I haven't received any email or notification of getting paid.
If you didn't receive it, an email went out on the 9th stating checks had been mailed. I received mine on the 10th....postmark on the envelope was the 9th, check was dated 2/27. Convenient.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy1948

Utica, NY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  3:15:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received an email on the 9th and received a check today. Mine was also written on the 27th.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  7:03:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any more recent feedback on this company? I have been signed up with them for over a year, but just this month have started doing shops for them. So far the jobs have been fairly easy. Is this a company I should work for or not?

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  7:28:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The jobs around here have all been straight-forward. The report forms are intelligently set up so that when you choose a "yes" answer, all the "reasons why you marked this no" get out of your way, which is really nice. I've never had a problem getting paid for jobs although a few times they have been a week or two later than expected. I always get an email letting me know when checks are being mailed. I have no problems working for them, and considering how quickly jobs are snatched up, other shoppers in my area obviously agree.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  10:12:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done any work for these people recently? I see quite a few shops in Southern California just sitting on the board. I have called asking if they will bonus and so far, it hasn't happened. If they don't fill these by the end of February, I wonder what the client will say.

Has anyone received bonused pay from these people for any shops? I don't think it's very "stragetic" on there part to NOT fill shops when a shopper is ready and willing to do the work for a few more dollars and it's month-end.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  2:04:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am VERY upset with these people. They just booted me forever. They had called me last week and asked me to do a shop that was 20 miles from me, had to be done the next day, and they were paying a $10.00 bonus. I had to be there before 9 am, and I do not get up until 10:30, normally, so I declined. I could not log in again, so I called them, and they told me I had been booted because I do not do morning shops!. These people pay usually after 60 days, and all of the ones I have done for them required that I spend money. The money spent was usually equal to the shop fee, and it takes over 60 days to be reimbursed. I told them the shop was 40 miles round trip and they said they did not care. It was an urgent shop and if I did not do it then I was outta there. Of course, they did not tell me this at the time, NOR send me any notification of this fact. I consider them a ridiculous company to do business with.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  7:30:29 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are liked by people because they are so shopper friendly and supportive. Were you polite to the scheduler when telling them you could not do it? It just seems odd that the scheduler would just boot you for turning down a job.

The thing about this business is since we are independent contractors; the companies can let us go just like we let them go. Too bad you canít work it out; it stinks to have fewer companies to work for.

As for the payment, I have companies that pay me 90 days later but it works out once you start doing jobs regularly for them as you still get paid each month.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums