Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Strategic Reflections Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  11:39:16 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crickett

I am VERY upset with these people. They just booted me forever. They had called me last week and asked me to do a shop that was 20 miles from me, had to be done the next day, and they were paying a $10.00 bonus. I had to be there before 9 am, and I do not get up until 10:30, normally, so I declined. I could not log in again, so I called them, and they told me I had been booted because I do not do morning shops!

They did the exact same thing to me. I work until 4 p.m. so I can't do any assignments before that, and they booted me cause of it.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  12:40:07 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In checking this thread, my prior reply was almost exactly 1/3 of a decade in the past. My current tally of shops is 181 paid as agreed, with nary a speck of a problem. They have a toll free number and have always been quite understanding of this senior citizen who is as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar, BUT, occasionally forgetful, as on two occasions I've visited the wrong location and once the job slipped my mind. Three thumbs up for this MSC.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Crickett
Contributor

Conway, AR
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2014 :  3:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Bob, I do not know. I did quite a few grocery shops for these people with no issues. One day I was very sick, big time fever, but I had scheduled a job in another city for them, so I went and did it. The next time I went to log in, I could not get into the site. I did not know if I had done something wrong in that shop (I had a 105 fever, and am 65, myself), so who knows? Not me, they never called me nor wrote me, and they paid for the shop. WHEN they called me to do the morning shop for 20 miles away, I told them that I could no longer log in anyway. They told me I had been given a 30 day suspension, but for what, they did not explain. I told them I would be happy to do shops again for them, but I did not do morning shops, especially 40 miles round trip with tiny bonus. (MUCH less ((not mentioned)) would I go out of my way for a company that had treated me this way). She said she would fix it for me. I went in, scheduled one job, and then never could log in again. I called them and they were very abrupt, said I had had negative comments in the past (???) and I refused to do morning shops. I get good marks with my other companies, and I have no idea why they treated me in such an unprofessional manner. It took them 60 days to pay, and I felt the communication was horrible. It bothered me for months. I finally wrote them a letter, questioning and ranting, but, as expected, I never received a reply. I was a little po'd as there are not a slew of jobs in my area and they always had some. However, I will never work for them again, unless I get an apology, which obviously means NEVER.

Crickett
Go to Top of Page

BeatriceJ
Contributor

High Desert, CA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  2:03:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received payment this month for shops completed in February?

BJ
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  12:29:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got an email today which said checks for Feb. were mailed 4-11-15.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  4:54:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband did not receive a check for his February shops. I got my check just fine. I can't seem to find a place to call or write about it. Any ideas?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  5:33:26 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

The toll free number is 866-518-6508. The phone is answered from 09:00 to 17:00 EDT.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  5:52:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1685 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  07:45:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback? How do they pay?
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  8:42:44 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barb,

Consider the following:

1--I'm at 279 jobs since signing up in 2008; all have been paid as agreed.
2--They are equally responsive by phone or E-mail and both their editors and schedulers are quite accommodating.
3--For the shops I complete, the work:pay ratio is acceptable.

The company recently instituted a new policy that if you flake, you both loose the assignment and are suspended for 30 days. As I'm a proponent of rules, this change has benefited me in that more shops have become available. If, though, the aforementioned change, or the manner in which it was presented, is unacceptable to any shopper, they have merely to discontinue their association with SR. As for me, I much prefer the direct, concise and candid approach, as it minimizes ambiguity and, in my opinion, it's considerably more contractor oriented.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2016 :  05:45:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing work for this company for many years and usually on the 10th of the month I get an email stating my check is in the mail. Last month the email came 5 days late so the check arrived later than usual. Now this month I haven't heard anything and it's the 17th. Maybe they just didn't send out emails I don't know but if this trend continues they will be paying later and later. Not good.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  7:39:51 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

Like you, I also did not receive a checks-in-the-mail letter. I'm only guessing, but it may have been connected to the change in management that occurred in Sept.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  1:25:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not understand what is going on. I have worked for this company for many years and now I can't log in and they won't send my password because, 'your account does not exist'. I know I am using the correct password to start with. I have written twice and they won't answer me. If I've done something wrong I would like to know what it is. Has anyone else had this problem>

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  1:47:09 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

I have not experienced that problem, but a suggestion would be to call 866-518-6508 and inquire as to a solution. What I did experience a few yrs. ago was Shopmetrics overheating my CPU, which caused a shutdown. I contacted that platform and received the standard, "It must be your computer." Fortunately, I have a friend who is a programmer and he solved the problem, which was NOT on my end.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  09:47:27 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes I would call. They are great about helping.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  07:50:27 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
During an online chat with a shopper out West, she inquired as to my knowledge of and experiences with SR, as she had read several negative comments on another forum. Placing her on hold, I briefly scanned those opinions. Below is a paraphrasing of what I shared, but emphasized it only applied to me and my area:

1-Their editors have never pestered me.
2-I receive a 3 day window to complete the job.
3-They do bonus when there is a need.
4-The report time is commensurate with the pay.
5-They have very few restrictions.
6-I have never had a problem with schedulers.
7-SR is very business oriented.
8-The work:pay ratio is acceptable.
9-My money has always arrived and never been short.
10-SR has an 800 number that is answered during business hours.
11-Shopmetrics is an easy platform with which to work.

My only regret is that, although I have completed 338 shops over a 9+ year period, with six being video assignments, it is not 3338 jobs. I, with not the slightest reservation, recommend this MSC to any shopper who works in a business frame of mind and enjoys what their clients have to offer.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

BeatriceJ
Contributor

High Desert, CA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  06:26:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know who is currently doing the fast food with the star shops that this company had?

BJ
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  06:27:41 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bea,

Shortly after becoming a shopper in 2003, I recall wondering why the industry was so paranoid as to who shops whom; I still have that same wonder. As such, I was not successful in deciphering your question, which, of course, was cryptic to remain in compliance with your ICA.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  3:44:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bob: I think she is talking about the fast food restaurant that has a yellow star on their sign.
They currently are running an ad on TV advertising a boneless pork rib hamburger, if this gives you a hint>

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DierigJ
Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  04:10:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have worked for this company for many years and never had any problems with editors, payments, jobs....
I was laid up for the last 6 months due to a broken wrist and hand writing issues and unable to complete jobs. I've started watching their daily emails listing open jobs and want to go back doing jobs for them. Their biggest fast food client which sounds different than the previous one being discussed also is missing. It was a Cincinnati based company which is where SR also is located. Does anyone know if they lost the contract and the fast food company went elsewhere or they just stopped being shopped?

Thanks,
John in Cincy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums