Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orchi

Montgomery, AL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  3:54:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone even heard about this company? Last weekend during my demo I was approached by someone from them and I could not find anything on the internet. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,Orchi

Orchi

CathyGilley

Fall Branch, TN
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  4:56:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work with this company. so far they have been great to work for. I orginally worked for another demo company and when my coordinator left them and went to pro demo works I went with her.

cathy
Go to Top of Page

Orchi

Montgomery, AL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  08:35:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cathy,

If you don't mind can I ask what kind of demos are these? Food etc.,How much do they pay? do they have a website so I could check out the company?How do they pay?

Thanks,Orchi

Orchi
Go to Top of Page

BettyThevis

Crowley, LA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  1:25:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Betty Thevis and I am from Crowley, La...I have been doing demos (in-store sampling/promotions) for 12 years..I have been with promoworks for about one year and they are a great company to work for..pay is good and always on time(every 2 weeks)..If you're interested in other demo companies, let me know, I can give you a few others you can work for.....

Betty M. Thevis
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  2:36:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes this company sounds interesting. we'd like the link please, or a phone number please, something. I've done promoworks too, but through other companies like Quality Marketing Group, Greet America and many others. Could Pro DemoWorks be a totally different company?
CGilley, we'd like to join you at pro demo works, where's a link?
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

CathyGilley

Fall Branch, TN
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  3:00:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't believe they have a web site right now. They were promo works and now they are pro demoworks. I do mostly food demos because my co-ordinator knows those are the ones I like. but they also do household and health and beauty demos. since I live in the south I wouldn't have any contact #'s for the west coast

cathy
Go to Top of Page

Orchi

Montgomery, AL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  08:14:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Betty,
A few other companies with ph#s and websites would be greatly appreciated.I also live in the south, in AL near Montgomery.I do demos for The Merchandising Team and got with them through Mass Conections.They are great the pay is always on time and the instructions are clear.Anyway thanks again.

Orchi
Go to Top of Page

CaitShop

Anderson, SC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  11:37:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have an update on this company? I heard that they aren't paying really well in the Carolina's. My friend works for them and she is saying that the work in drying up... anyone heard anything?? Thanks in advance!!

Caitlin
Go to Top of Page

SharonR
Valued Contributor

Dickson/Nashville, Tennessee
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  05:38:30 AM  Visit SharonR's Homepage  Send SharonR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Owner this Company is Name Sharon, She use to schedule for people Plue, I have heard several stories she was fired she was let go and on and on, She has the promo works Demos.

She does not work any one who works for other Company's especially people plus and she told me that her self.

She is also the one who was trying to be the only demo company to be in wal-marts but as you know that fell through.

She is Located in Tn.

"Its The Sweet Life"
Dove Chocolatier
Go to Top of Page

Debbie Haynes

Montpelier, VA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  11:20:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An update on this company

I am a former DC and left the company because of too many pay issues and unfair practices. The company used to pay on time and paid extra for extra steps - taking tests, involved cooking events, etc. They no longer do this, but didn't bother to tell anyone. They don't have a lot of work and if one thing is purchsed that isn't on the shopping list (like napkins), you won't get paid for anything. Debit cards often don't work and you can't get in touch with anyone at the office. You then end up paying out of pocket and having to wait to see if you will get paid.

If you are an IC with this company and are waiting for a late payment, do not do any other events for them until you are paid. I am afraid they are going to close up shop and leave a bunch of agents waiting for their money. Right now their thinking is don't pay them and if they won't work, there is always another person to sign up.

Debbie
Silver Certified yrx6uv
Shopping and Merchandising the Richmond Virginia Area
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  1:52:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company? They are showing work on Narms in my area. I'm hesitant to apply, after reading here.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
659 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:54:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well another year later and no updates. Anyone working for these folks and any feedback?

Anyone with any info on companies doing demos in the Southern California area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara
Valued Contributor

New Jersey
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  06:49:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for one company that was brought out by Pro-Demo works many years ago. I was sent a check to buy supplies,including the product,and that became part of my pay. I also had to supply an electric skillet and the money for that went from $8.00s to $3.00s For a six hour demo I made $38.00 dollars.
Go to Top of Page

Pamala

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  06:18:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them. The pay isn't all that great, but they pay every 2 weeks on time. That is as long as you have sent in your paperwork. They supply you a debit card for each demo to buy your supplies. They send you the paperwork so you don't have to print it off. If you have to use a microwave or anything they pay you $10 extra. I know in an earlier post form several years ago someone said if you work for another demo company, they wont use you. I don't know if that was true at that time, but it's not true now. I work for another demo company also and they are aware of that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums