Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  6:58:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
I can understand Ron W's desire for a public reply since there was a public statement made by the shopper.
This forum is for shoppers and peer exchange and support. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for a company representative to try to make a public spectacle out of any shopper on their own message board. This happens way too often around here, and it is tacky, unprofessional and completely lacking in good, old-fashioned courtesy.

In the time it took Mr. Welty to compose his public post, he could have easily responded with a private email or phone call.
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  9:23:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Ron Welty should have taken the time to call or at least e-mail the shopper first but since he chose not to, I still prefer him responding over maintaining silence. He made his views and his position quite clear.
I believe it is always better to hear both sides of the story.
We heard the shoppers side. Pam was refused access to the brass so to speak to discuss her issue, but she persisted. Ron W. chose to speak out on this forum instead of personal contact with the shopper. We heard the companies viewpoint.

Natalie, even if it was created for shopper support and peer exchange this board is still a public forum. It would be great if we had a restricted forum but alas. Pam came here to post so we would benefit from her experience. We have. We got the message loud and clear from both sides. So in my humble opinion this forum has served its purpose.

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  11:05:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As for Intellishop, I would have appreciated Mr. Welty first contacting Pam via phone or email to resolve the issue or explain his point of view. If he had followed up with her, the post might never had been made.

Since that was not done, the next best option would have been to contact her after the post was made and allow Pam the opportunity to express there was resolution (hopefully) between the two parties. If no resolution could have been made and no professional follow-up was posted by Pam, then I certainly would understand Mr. Welty posting what he did.

It's important to remember that this forum is the SHOPPERS forum, FOR shoppers, BY shoppers with some MSP input. I find it disheartening that companies would use shoppers' comments expressing their truthful experiences and opinions posted to the forum to deactivate shoppers. Deactivation should be based only on job performance. Period! I realize there is the occasional oddball that forgot to take his or her meds who will post outlandish things, but this is not the case here.

Unfortunately, I have heard too many horror stories about MSPs and scheduling companies using this "deactivation" bullying tactic to stifle negative feedback. I find it reprehensible. The best way to ensure a spotless reputation is to behave as such. It's also the easiest. For those who practice deception, their house of cards will crumble down upon them soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  08:27:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
The best way to ensure a spotless reputation is to behave as such. It's also the easiest. For those who practice deception, their house of cards will crumble down upon them soon enough.
Indeed. How a company and its representatives conduct their business and correspondence speaks volumes. And shoppers do network and compare notes, whether it is done on this board or through private communication.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  10:35:59 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The title of this thread is

Feedback Requested: Intellishop

Anything not related to that has been or will be deleted.

Most of the off topic stuff belonged in

Deciding Whether or Not to Work for an MS Company / Considering Other's Comments
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5426
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  07:32:59 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to post an update to let you know I received payment for the first shop just as everyone else, right on time. Funny thing is, it is for the shop where I had to ask about the "uniform" to determine the manager. This was the reason Michelle offered for deactivating me, so who knows? Doesn't make much sense to me.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

SummerUTshopper

Salt Lake City, UT
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  07:42:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to put in my on this company. I worked with them on several assignments last month. I had good communication with them and was paid on the day they promised. I look forward to working with this company more in the future.

Summer
Shopping Salt Lake City, Utah
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Lee
Contributor

Central Texas
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  06:52:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also some shops for this company in the past couple of months. IntelliShops was one of the first companies to pick up on me as a new shopper, and I appreciate them for giving me that chance. I've found their grading to be very fair and have not had any trouble with their assignments.

Michelle Lee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  2:07:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed my first three shops for this company in March. I received payment today and could not be happier.

The schedulers were great to work with - and no hassle over payment! Yeah.

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

SummerUTshopper

Salt Lake City, UT
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  2:24:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is great! I love working with them. You know exactly when you will get payment, which is nice!

Summer
Shopping Salt Lake City, Utah
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JanaSD
Trainee

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  5:01:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intellishop was my 4th job ever. I did it on 3-14 and received payment on 4-10. They gave me some great feedback on my report. I'm happy with them.
Go to Top of Page

Tara D
Contributor

Ballwin, MO
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  8:58:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am wondering about this company after hearing all the controversy here! I got a few offers from them but none were too enticing. The thing that drives me NUTS is that I get the same mass email of shops still open AT LEAST once a day. Only it's usually for the same stinkin shop in the middle of nowhere that they can never seem to fill. I wish we could specify a smaller "area" than just our state for some of these MSC's search criteria!

Maybe if I get a really interesting looking offer from them, I'll give them a try.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  3:39:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like this company. I received my monthly Paypal payment today and was trying to match payments to shops in my spreadsheet. I am coming up with an extra $15.00 they paid me and thought maybe they issue shops under another company name that I wasn't aware of and lumped the payment together. Any information or help? I tried calling them but the lady answering the phone said she didn't know anything and the person I needed to talk to was out. Thanks in advance.

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff in GA
Contributor

Stone Mountain, GA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  4:56:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed a few shops for this company this year and have never experienced any problems.

Jeff in GA
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  5:29:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't had any trouble with them either...I just think they may have paid me TOO MUCH. Unless they are paying me for a job I did for another company name. Any help?

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

MelissaC

Dublin, Ohio
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  2:36:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The experiences I've had with Intellishop have been good. Last month a shopper flaked on a self assign shop. My scheduler sent out an email asking for someone to complete the shop ASAP and while I had already reached my montly limit on that particular type of shop, when I emailed the scheduler to tell her I could complete the shop within the hour(location was only three blocks from my home)she assigned it to me and thanked me several times. They pay on time and I find the fees to be fair for the amount of work required.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  10:27:40 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find it very interesting that the only time I see this thread come up is when their name is mentioned in other threads. Look for yourself and please tell me shoppers are not being asked to do this.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  11:46:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had nothing but good experiences with IntelliShop. They have always answered my emails promptly and they pay on time.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
351 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  07:37:57 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed 6 shops in the past 12 months for Intellishop; all paid as agreed. In each instance, the instructions were quite clear, as to the company's expectation from an assignment.

Bob Engleman

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  12:47:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently did my first shop for Intellishop. It was easy and they paid right when they promised. Yay!

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums